A They grow em special in Connecticut

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
SkipperGordon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

A They grow em special in Connecticut

Post by SkipperGordon » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:27 pm

I have been banished to Greeter rotation for crimes unknown for the past few weeks and have come across more stupid (and boobs...but that's another story) than you can shake a stick at.

This particular gentleman came up to me and asked if he was in a Disney park. I informed him that no, he was at Universal Studios and that we were separate companies.
"Well, my TomTom wouldn't let me go to Disney. Where is it?"
I felt bad for the gentleman, who had apparently been enslaved by his GPS device, so I gave him directions to Disney. After a long and rambling story about his hometown, his friend's trip to Universal Studios, how much he paid for tickets, inquiries about Disney ticket and meal prices and general nonsense; he pulls out a real doozy. "So how much does it cost to ride each ride?"
He thought that he had paid $70 just for the privilege of LOOKING at the rides! It took me a while; but I finally managed to convince him that the rides didn't cost him once he had paid admission and he decided that he wanted to ride Jaws.
"So what time does Jaws start?"
The second I got bumped I went straight to the break-room and screamed.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: A They grow em special in Connecticut

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:07 am

SkipperGordon wrote:"So what time does Jaws start?"
If I meet you, I may have to ask this question, though I don't think I could do it with a straight face.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:49 am

So tell me about the boobs.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:45 pm

I think once or twice when I was working at Knott's somebody asked how much the rides were.

I have heard two different versions of this story; one is a Midwestern family who are not exactly wealthy save for years so they can take the kids to Disneyland; they pack their own food and drive halfway across the country to get there. When they buy their admission tickets, they have to keep telling the kids to just walk around and look at the outside of the rides. Finally, when it's getting late, the kids are begging to be allowed on just one ride. So the dad goes up to a cast member and asks how much a certain ride is, and when he's told they're included in the admission price, they ride every ride they can before closing.

The second version involves a guy wishing to go on a cruise. Not realizing meals are included, he packs a suitcase full of sardines and crackers to eat. During the voyage, he is tempted by the smells of the food in the dining room and galley, but goes to his cabin and eats sardines and crackers. Finally, near the end of the cruise, he decides he can't stand another cracker or sardine. So he counts his money, figures he's going to get at least one meal on this trip, and goes to the dining room entrance. He asks the steward how much the meals are, and is informed that they are included, along with plenty of snacks anytime, with the cost of the cruise. You figure out what he did then--yep, pigged out the rest of the trip.

Goes to show that with all the information you could possibly need or want easily available, some people just don't seek it out. Funny, that.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:03 pm

felinefan wrote:You figure out what he did then--yep, pigged out the rest of the trip.
Did he 'splode?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:29 pm

hobie16 wrote:Did he 'splode?
Only if he ate the after-dinner mint. It's waffer-thin, you know.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:44 pm

CujoSR wrote:So tell me about the boobs.
It's been 24hrs. Where are they. :confused:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:47 pm

felinefan wrote:I think once or twice when I was working at Knott's somebody asked how much the rides were.

I have heard two different versions of this story; one is a Midwestern family who are not exactly wealthy save for years so they can take the kids to Disneyland; they pack their own food and drive halfway across the country to get there. When they buy their admission tickets, they have to keep telling the kids to just walk around and look at the outside of the rides. Finally, when it's getting late, the kids are begging to be allowed on just one ride. So the dad goes up to a cast member and asks how much a certain ride is, and when he's told they're included in the admission price, they ride every ride they can before closing.

The second version involves a guy wishing to go on a cruise. Not realizing meals are included, he packs a suitcase full of sardines and crackers to eat. During the voyage, he is tempted by the smells of the food in the dining room and galley, but goes to his cabin and eats sardines and crackers. Finally, near the end of the cruise, he decides he can't stand another cracker or sardine. So he counts his money, figures he's going to get at least one meal on this trip, and goes to the dining room entrance. He asks the steward how much the meals are, and is informed that they are included, along with plenty of snacks anytime, with the cost of the cruise. You figure out what he did then--yep, pigged out the rest of the trip.

Goes to show that with all the information you could possibly need or want easily available, some people just don't seek it out. Funny, that.
Never been to board X have they?? :rolleyes: (is kinda sad though)

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:07 am

BRWombat wrote:Only if he ate the after-dinner mint. It's waffer-thin, you know.

And MONTYS BACK!!!!

hehehehehehe

swim away!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

SkipperGordon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SkipperGordon » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:02 pm

darph nader wrote:It's been 24hrs. Where are they. :confused:
Let's just say that the bench across from the new greeter station is a popular spot for breast feeding...as is my boat for whatever reason. There's a reason skippers wear sunglasses even when it rains.