What's sea world's code 87x???

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
SandrA9810
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: What's sea world's code 87x???

Post by SandrA9810 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:18 pm

That's funny to leave you hanging like that. If a thunderstorm approaches they usually cycle out. (run the next train empty till all are empty)... I would be scared to death as well being stuck up on a hill in a lightening storm. Although I probably wouldnt be freaking like that person... I'd just be shaking like crazy like my dog does when it starts to storm.

I've completly dunks my cellphone in water. one accidently got stuck in a cup of soda for like a week and still worked... long story why there was a cup of soda in the car for like a week.... They do make cellphones better than that. Whiny little babies, probably couldn't afford to get a nicer or phone or wanted free money.

Thanks guestjockey for trying to find out.

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Dare I even ask how you got a cell phone stuck in soda for anything approaching a week?

8^S

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:39 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:Dare I even ask how you got a cell phone stuck in soda for anything approaching a week?

8^S
My thoughts exactly. :confused:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

SandrA9810
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SandrA9810 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:27 pm

Umm there were a few things shoved between the seats of the van's captain chairs. I put my slurpee in between a few things cause I couldn't get to the cup holder that's attached to the seat. Well I forgot about the cup being there cause it was late. And we clean the car out only ever so often. I'm not keen on having my cellphone "everywhere" with me. I knew it was in the van, but it wasn't till I looked for it did I find it in cup....

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:10 am

SandrA9810 wrote:Umm there were a few things shoved between the seats of the van's captain chairs. I put my slurpee in between a few things cause I couldn't get to the cup holder that's attached to the seat. Well I forgot about the cup being there cause it was late. And we clean the car out only ever so often. I'm not keen on having my cellphone "everywhere" with me. I knew it was in the van, but it wasn't till I looked for it did I find it in cup....
WOW I need that phone. MIne, well I washed it recently. Only the first part of the cycle...and it died a watery death. :o:

Thank God for E Bay....and now I know not to renew my contract with my cell provider. :twisted:

MAPO

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:32 pm

SandrA9810 wrote:That's funny to leave you hanging like that. If a thunderstorm approaches they usually cycle out. (run the next train empty till all are empty)... I would be scared to death as well being stuck up on a hill in a lightening storm. Although I probably wouldnt be freaking like that person... I'd just be shaking like crazy like my dog does when it starts to storm.
The storm came up FAST...it went from drizzle to a thunderous downpour in the time it took us to get out of the station and down the first hill. I'm guessing the system shut down for some reason so they were forced to leave us hanging till they reset it or did some voodoo magic or whatever they do to get it running again. Mr. Syndrome claims we would have been fine in a lightning strike to the coaster (unless it hit the people directly) because you'd be grounded sitting in a coaster car like you would be in an automobile. This is the same man who swore to me that roller coaster cannot really get stuck upside down in a loop when we saw it on an episode of "Get a Life" (remember that old Chris Elliot show?). And then, lo and behold, the Demon gets stuck upside down in a loop at Six Flags Great America.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:45 pm

I have seen news stories like that too. I hope not to be in a loop if the power goes out.

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:57 pm

It was actually caused by the wheel carriage coming off somehow, which locked it into position...and that position just happened to be upside down. Better than coming off the track, I suppose.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:44 pm

turkeyham wrote:I have seen news stories like that too. I hope not to be in a loop if the power goes out.
The power going out won't cause a roller coaster to stop like that. Coasters are gravity and inertia powered. Once the hill or launcher lets the train go they keep going until either they run out out of inertia or the brakes stop them. It takes a mechanical failure at the exact wrong moment or something extreme like that to cause a coaster to stop upside down in a loop.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

SandrA9810
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SandrA9810 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:10 pm

A coaster only has as many trains as there are safety brakes. station doesn't counts as one, even if there's two loading zones. You can tell this by the straight paths of the ride. Chain lifts also count as safety stops.

So if there's an e-stop, the train will only continue till the next safety break, and there's generally enough force from the first drop to get it to the next safety break.

On manta, the first is the intial lift, the second is behind the building before it drops down and the water sprays up at you. The third is just before you come into station... and where you usually hang if they're having problems sending the next train out. I only know that one all to well. Only about 3 times out of 12 did I ever ride the ride and wind up in station before coming to a complete stop.