What's sea world's code 87x???

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
SandrA9810
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

What's sea world's code 87x???

Post by SandrA9810 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:43 am

I was standing in line for manta when the spiel for temporary downtime occurred. Waited for about 15-20 mins next to the very last fish tank.... then they said that the ride is down to to technical problems please visit our aquarium viewing. As we were standing up to leave, some one over the intercom said something about code 87x.
I was only at SW to ride manta then head over to Aquatica in the late afternoon. So I went back to the entrance and waited for about two hours for it to re-open.
Of course every one got the standard "down to technical problems, no we have no idea when it's going to reopen." speil. I wasn't about to pester them like the two boys were in front of me. I was about ready to punch them out, but figured I'd like to hang onto my passport.
But I noticed that they only sent two trains out during the middle of the down time, but no cast member was on it to test it. And when we finally got into the station, the ground was completly wet. But the trains were dry.

Now here's the interesting part, a few days later my g/f ran started talking to some one at Disney, and said she worked for sea world. And recently they had a really stupid guest (well parents). They wanted thier son to ride manta and he was hooked up to numerous tube coming out of his body. The lady told them that it was a highly intense ride and blah blah blah about safety precautions. The family insisted that the kid could ride. So they got him into station and put him on the ride. Apparently a new word was created... something like trifecta... meaning bodily fluid came out all three ends.

I'm wondering if this is what made the ride go down... and 87x means some one barfed and they need to clean it up.

KBFRideOperator
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: What's sea world's code 87x???

Post by KBFRideOperator » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:58 am

SandrA9810 wrote:I'm wondering if this is what made the ride go down... and 87x means some one barfed and they need to clean it up.
It sounds like what we call a "37/38 Zulu". Zulu is indicative of a guest needing medical treatment at the ride's location (ie, wheelchair, defibrillator, etc). The code numbers are important, too. At Knott's a "37" signal indicates there are guests still on the ride (or who just loaded) when the ride went down who need to be exited (making Signal 37s a DEFINITE priority for Rides Maintenance) and a "38" indicates that the ride (though not necessarily the queue) is cleared of guests (or was empty at the time downtime was initiated).

Hope that helps.

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:39 am

Manta spends plenty of time down due to actual technical problems. My husband is in love with (obsessed with?) that ride and has ridden it 54 times since it opened (he's going for 100 by the end of the summer). It's a rare day that it doesn't close down temporarily when he's there for mechanical reasons or that it's not just closed when he arrives. He got stuck out on the brake run for a while once too. Not sure if it's the sensors or loading issues or what.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:57 am

Trifecta huh?? The parents should have been made to clean it up AND aplogize to everyone in line until the ride was back on line.

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:46 pm

You brought back my urge to run to Sea World and get an annual pass just to ride Manta. You owe me $100.

Kurt

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:02 pm

$100? Phshaw! You have to be a 'ho like Mr. Syndrome and I. We have Platinum which gives preferred parking and rerides (although they won't honor it on Manta yet). It's great fun at Busch to do the rerides, especially in the front row, and watching the waiting SGs flip a tantrum while you think in your mind "Kiss my pass, sucker."

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

SandrA9810
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SandrA9810 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:21 pm

I'm planning to upgrade to a platinum sometime before my pass expires in jan. I went one morning and got stuck out at the last safety brake. They were having a problem with the loading (since they were only loading one side), and kept lowering and raising the seats again. It's ok to be hanging for like 5 min, but it felt like it was 20 minutes before they figured out to send the people on the other train so we could get off. Then they shut it down for like 20 minutes before letting us back on again. This was for the passholder mornings when there were only about a couple dozen people in the park. I still managed to ride it 6 times before lines got too long. I also managed to ride it during a soft opening 4 times.

I know the ride goes down a lot for technical problems... like when we were hanging in the last safety brakes... but it was kind of strange the the platforms under the cars were wet. 1 it hadn't rain all day, 2 it's under cover, 3 the center unload area was completly dry.
Then my g/f came home from work a few days later and told me that story... so I'm trying to put two and two together. Because I'm sure if it was a technical problem there would've been at least one run through of an empty train and there wasn't. Of course I was by the entrance and didn't any custodial cast going up the exit. And standard spiel is always "down due to technical difficulties"... which could mean serious problems, system malfunction, or some one barfing.

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:02 pm

SandrA9810 wrote:And standard spiel is always "down due to technical difficulties"... which could mean serious problems, system malfunction, or some one barfing.
Yes indeed! DH and I were at Busch last week riding SheiKra, and it was drizzling as we left the station. Then it started pouring! So we get to the top of the second big hill...and stop dead and stay there. We were all sitting up there in a Florida monsoon. DH speculated that the sensors might not have been able to tell where the trains were due to the sudden downpour so it just e-stopped everything. We waited for a few minutes and the loudspeaker came on and said "SheiKra has temporarily ceased operation (thank you, Captain Obvious) and we are assessing the situation. Thank you for your patience (like we had a choice)." Kinda scary to be up on a metal track with thunder and lightning overhead. One poor person in the second row was freaking...and I mean freaking! They eventually started it up after about 10 minutes. I'm a coaster fanatic so the whole thing was an adventure to me even though we were soaked to the skin, but some of the people were really going off on the workers when we got back to the station. They were handing out re-ads, but people were upset about their cell phones (duh, you're in FL in the summer...wrap it in plastic). Hey, it happens people...get over it!

When we returned a week later, I noticed the cool little trolley they have at the bottom of the main hill to ferry people down from the top. Now THAT would be a thrill ride!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:03 pm

SandrA9810 wrote:I was standing in line for manta when the spiel for temporary downtime occurred. Waited for about 15-20 mins next to the very last fish tank.... then they said that the ride is down to to technical problems please visit our aquarium viewing. As we were standing up to leave, some one over the intercom said something about code 87x.
I was only at SW to ride manta then head over to Aquatica in the late afternoon. So I went back to the entrance and waited for about two hours for it to re-open.
Of course every one got the standard "down to technical problems, no we have no idea when it's going to reopen." speil. I wasn't about to pester them like the two boys were in front of me. I was about ready to punch them out, but figured I'd like to hang onto my passport.
But I noticed that they only sent two trains out during the middle of the down time, but no cast member was on it to test it. And when we finally got into the station, the ground was completly wet. But the trains were dry.

Now here's the interesting part, a few days later my g/f ran started talking to some one at Disney, and said she worked for sea world. And recently they had a really stupid guest (well parents). They wanted thier son to ride manta and he was hooked up to numerous tube coming out of his body. The lady told them that it was a highly intense ride and blah blah blah about safety precautions. The family insisted that the kid could ride. So they got him into station and put him on the ride. Apparently a new word was created... something like trifecta... meaning bodily fluid came out all three ends.

I'm wondering if this is what made the ride go down... and 87x means some one barfed and they need to clean it up.
nude moron in tank 87

Corey

GuestJockey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by GuestJockey » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:37 am

A co-CM who used to work at Sea World told me that a code 2000: "the polar bear got loose, lock your doors and run away." He should not have told me, since I have now called a code 2000 in Disneyland Lost & Found twice. ;)

I'll ask him if he remembers what 87x is!