Stupid Guest Loses LANYARD

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
TowerTimmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Stupid Guest Loses LANYARD

Post by TowerTimmy » Sat May 23, 2009 10:41 pm

So at my ride, a guest came off and said he (the dad) lost his lanyard with room keys and the ticket in it. It was in the ride track so I said we can't go get it until park close, if you're still in the park by then come back. So he was mad that it had all the stuff in it, and I told him Guest Services can replace the tickets and give you an express card for the room key you lost and your hotel can replace the actual key for you. He pointed it out and was like "you can't just walk over there and get?" And I explained to him the procedure since I would be walking into the ride track it's unsafe for me, so we'd have to shut the whole ride down. So he said okay and left.

End of the night comes, we can't find his lanyard. So he comes back and he asks if we found it and my lead tells him no. The mom then is like "guest services replaced everythign but this, this cost us $5." It was the lanyard. Really? You'd complain about a lanyard?

Tim

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid Guest Loses LANYARD

Post by darph nader » Sat May 23, 2009 11:10 pm

We have some ugly ass lanyards at work.PM me and I'll send you some.
We 'were' supposed to use them for work ID,but we can't do to safety issues.

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sat May 23, 2009 11:46 pm

Jeez, guess I should have flipped out at SeaWorld today when I lost my water bottle out of my pocket riding Manta. Granted, I know full well that Manta is a "stealer" of any items, even in pockets. Granted, the bottle was only worth a couple of bucks. Why oh why didn't I think to demand that they stop the ride and retrieve it or demand compensation? I'm just a softie.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sat May 23, 2009 11:54 pm

Syndrome wrote:Jeez, guess I should have flipped out at SeaWorld today when I lost my water bottle out of my pocket riding Manta. Granted, I know full well that Manta is a "stealer" of any items, even in pockets. Granted, the bottle was only worth a couple of bucks. Why oh why didn't I think to demand that they stop the ride and retrieve it or demand compensation? I'm just a softie.
Did you at least manage to have it land on an SG on the lift hill?

Kurt

TrappedinHarambe
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by TrappedinHarambe » Tue May 26, 2009 2:56 pm

Funny- I remember the same exact thing happening where I work. Of course I wasn't going to repel up a huge wall for their stupid lanyard that they should have taken off and placed in the clearly marked bins that say "Store all loose articles in this box". Not to mention the ride was shut down for a lightning storm. Special, special D.A.G. right there. (BTW D.A.G. is dumb a@% guest)

Kim

Guest: This is the best ride at Disney!
Me: But sir, you are at Universal.
:confused:
Attractions Lead @ Universal's Islands of Adventure
:wizard:
Safari Driver @ DAK
Animation Hostess @ MGM
:flyingfai