I Can't Get Wet!

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
SkipperGordon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

I Can't Get Wet!

Post by SkipperGordon » Sun May 17, 2009 9:16 am

I have contingency spiels for all sorts of things. There's the lap sitting spiel, the sit down and shut up spiel, the camera spiel, the e-stop spiel, the show backup spiel and many more designed to deal with any number of instances of guest and ride stupid. I usually find myself delivering these spiels in scene four - where there is just enough of a lull in the action for people to act like complete tools and for me to shut them down without ruining the show.

Well, I now have a brand new scene four speil designed for what I had previously thought was an unimaginable act of guest stupidity.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, now would be a really good time to remind you all that UMBRELLAS are SHARP AND POINTY and should not be operated in confined spaces such as the one you find yourself in RIGHT NOW. PUT THE UMBRELLA AWAY."

I really do wish I could say this was an isolated incident.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Re: I Can't Get Wet!

Post by kurtisnelson » Sun May 17, 2009 8:05 pm

SkipperGordon wrote:I usually find myself delivering these spiels in scene four...
Which one is scene 4?
The summer t-storms are here!

Kurt

SkipperGordon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: I Can't Get Wet!

Post by SkipperGordon » Sun May 17, 2009 9:44 pm

Scene 4 is the part just after the Gas Dock explodes. The ride is designed to have flame bars shoot across the water at that point, but it's too expensive so we rarely have them on...which leads to about 30 seconds of "look scared" time. It's a convenient time to remind guests about the rules they have "forgotten" in the 3 minutes since they've left load.