Stupid Motorist Tricks

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Stupid Motorist Tricks

Post by Syndrome » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:52 pm

This wasn't exactly at a theme park, but I didn't know where else to post it. Fox News just had a 911 call from a woman in a Walgreen's parking lot on John Young Parkway. She called because everything electrical in her car wouldn't work, so she said, "I can't get out because I can't use anything electrical...I'm trapped inside and it's hot in here and I'm not feeling well." The dispatcher responded, "You should just be able to pull the lock up." Duh! She did, and guess what? She was able to open the door.

I fear for the future of humanity.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid Motorist Tricks

Post by darph nader » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:15 pm

Our local radio station did a parady commercial for ON STAR,called Blonde Star.Funny as hell. :cool:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:03 pm

Syndrome wrote:This wasn't exactly at a theme park, but I didn't know where else to post it. Fox News just had a 911 call from a woman in a Walgreen's parking lot on John Young Parkway. She called because everything electrical in her car wouldn't work, so she said, "I can't get out because I can't use anything electrical...I'm trapped inside and it's hot in here and I'm not feeling well." The dispatcher responded, "You should just be able to pull the lock up." Duh! She did, and guess what? She was able to open the door.

News stories such as that, on April 1st, are suspect!

If you know what I mean.

hehehehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:38 pm

All OnStar calls should be answered by Robin Williams.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

dancinghomer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dancinghomer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:41 pm

You can listen to the full audio of it here.

I do have to say that surprisingly the lady sounded calm the entire time.

Light travels faster than sound. Perhaps that is why people appear bright until they open their mouth.

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:30 pm

Yep, that's the one. Hate to say it, but April 1 or no, I think it's really real.

I have Onstar and it's the best freakin' think since sliced bread. I don't ask them dumb questions. I just mainly using it for driving directions. I can just imagine the sort of inquiries they get tho'.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:45 pm

Yeah, I really want that one to be fake, but I believe it is real. If there is one thing that this site teaches it is that stupidity knows no bounds.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Canuikstan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Canuikstan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:07 am

Syndrome wrote:
I have Onstar and it's the best freakin' think since sliced bread. I don't ask them dumb questions. I just mainly using it for driving directions. I can just imagine the sort of inquiries they get tho'.
Livining in CANADA in DECEMBER and using Onstar sucks... I had a situation on a highway in the middle of nowhere during a blizzard where my wipers froze and the driver side one cracked in half and blew away.

I had zero visibility and the next service station was 10 miles away, and it was -30 outside (cold enough to freeze and crack metal apparently).

I hit my onstar button explain my situation and was told to drive my car to the nearest GM Dealership to have it repaired.
The poor Onstar guy just didn't understand that i couldn't see to the hood of my car and the snow was piling up.

I ended up tying a scarf to the mangled stalk of a wiper arm and getting to the service center but man, Onstar didn't do much for me that day.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:46 am

Syndrome wrote:This wasn't exactly at a theme park, but I didn't know where else to post it. Fox News just had a 911 call from a woman in a Walgreen's parking lot on John Young Parkway. She called because everything electrical in her car wouldn't work, so she said, "I can't get out because I can't use anything electrical...I'm trapped inside and it's hot in here and I'm not feeling well." The dispatcher responded, "You should just be able to pull the lock up." Duh! She did, and guess what? She was able to open the door.

I was listening to a local radio station reporting this, and they had a guy call in, very serious, claiming they shouldn't make fun, because the same thing happened to him. He sounded almost believable until he added, "And in my case it was more urgent, because I was in a convertible with the roof down and I was afraid it might rain!" :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:42 am

Even though it was reported. It is just too close the the "blond star" spoof.

I am almost willing to bet it was some group of people attempting an April Fools joke so that it would get release in time for April 1st.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?