Thieving Guests

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Thieving Guests

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:57 am

AS a general rule, the police, and security, do not like victims setting up their own "sting."

Several problems can arise from this. The first of which is the question "If something was stolen, why didn't you report it?" This may seem basic, but they cannot take care of a problem if they don't know it exists.

Another aspect of that is that if you do catch someone taking it, the easiest reply from that person is that he found a valuable object that may have been left behind by someone, and he was going to turn it in to lost and found/security. Prove he wasn't going to do that.

In other words, if will be your word aginst his/her on whether (S)he was going to steal it.

There are many many other problems with that. I would report EVERYTHING. because you may not be the only one that has things missing. It they are gerring two, three, four, or more reports of theft, you know that they are going to have to address the problem. The police/security can figure out things such as the times that objects become missing, who is working what shifts, etc. etc. and the locations the objects were stolen from.

I can tell you that it is very easy to put in survillance cameras that you really cannot find. and getting someone on "tape" (actually .MPEG files) is really good evidence.

I would report anything that is missing!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:52 pm

How about you make your lunch bag stink and look like the food is about to rot. Or dump laxatives in a brownie on top or something and wait to see who needs an emergency bathroom break.

Kurt

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:01 pm

make a catfood/tuna sandwich with mayo and see who has kitty breath later.

Corey

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:42 pm

Get some red-hot pepper jelly and make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with it, and see who's doing impressions of a fire-breathing dragon later.

Or make lemon chicken, but substitute castor oil for the honey--see who has a bad taste in their mouth, as well as needing a bathroom break later. Make sure you get the old-fashioned kind, not the unflavored kind.

Or make Buffalo hot wings--with hot sauce with a Scoville rating of 100,000 Scoville units, and see who is drinking water by the gallon. Not to mention a severely burned mouth. If they go long enough, they may end up needing new pants as their liquified guts burn a big hole in the seat.

Or make a sandwich with tuna, but pour as much salt in it as you can. See who ends up with kidney failure or blows up like a balloon from major water retention. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:24 pm

All of you make me laugh. Keep up the good work. At work we let the milk go bad and the smell prevents us from opening to refrig door. :eek:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:58 am

When I worked on the train at Knott's, we had three engineers named Don. I dubbed the heavy guy Big Don, the skinny , funny one Funny Don, and the one who collected and used antique lunchpails Antique Lunchpail Don. Antique Lunchpail Don got several of his lunchpails stolen, which didn't make him too happy.

Big Don retired around the time I left; Funny Don was on medical leave for a heart transplant; I wonder if he got it and if he's doing okay. Anybody like Dazyhill who still works at Knott's, if you could find out, and let me know, I'd appreciate it.

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:36 am

felinefan wrote:When I worked on the train at Knott's, we had three engineers named Don. I dubbed the heavy guy Big Don, the skinny , funny one Funny Don, and the one who collected and used antique lunchpails Antique Lunchpail Don. Antique Lunchpail Don got several of his lunchpails stolen, which didn't make him too happy.

Big Don retired around the time I left; Funny Don was on medical leave for a heart transplant; I wonder if he got it and if he's doing okay. Anybody like Dazyhill who still works at Knott's, if you could find out, and let me know, I'd appreciate it.
I am sorry to say that Funny Don (sorry can't remember his last name) passed away last year. I had worked with him briefly in Merchandise until he transferred over to the trains.
Every time I went by the trains and he was running them (either the big tain or the Camp Snoopy train) he would wave to me.
He was one of the nicest people I knew at the farm.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:12 pm

Aw, man, that sucks! I never was able to get any of the engineer's last names, or most of anyone else's, either. But thanks for letting me know. Man, I was so shocked to hear he was on medical leave for a heart transplant--I mean, he loked healthy, never complained of any problems....

It was bad enough when one of our Train Bandits died of a fast-moving kidney cancer, and he was only like 23. How are Tara and the other bandits doing? Tara is the tall, large-boned female Bandit with red hair.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:25 pm

I have a friend who was a manager at the trains. Her name is Mary Dyer. She quit several years back before she landed a job at Disneyland as a manager. :)

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:27 pm

The train bandits are in another department. I'm in the Merchandise division so I don't have a lot of interaction with the other departments. Thus I'm not sure who that person is. If I see someone fitting that description,I'll let you know.