Reasons to hate workin at____________.

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Reasons to hate workin at____________.

Post by hobie16 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Lasolimu wrote:I think you mean SG cooties, and yeah, I don't think we want that.
Oops! I stand corrected.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

SkipperGordon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SkipperGordon » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:57 pm

JAWS:
* guests who ask if the posted wait time is accurate
* The question "How wet will I get?" (also: "I didn't get wet on this ride LAST TIME!)
* The funny man in row 4 (why is it always row 4?) who screams at you not to go into the boat house
* Parents who refuse to make their kids sit down
*Parents who pull their kids into their laps immediatley after leaving load. (also, bringing infants and sleeping children on the ride. wtf?)
*Guests who try to wipe the water off their seats with napkins (and then leave the soaked napkins on my boat)
*guests who can't figure out how many people are in their party (yes, your child is a person)

I actually love working at Jaws; but it's really starting to convince me of the bovine nature of human beings.

disneyaddict
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyaddict » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:39 pm

mechurchlady wrote:People who run through your shot.

Or, even better, the ones who pose like their in your group...even though you've never seen them in your life. Now, everyone will ask "Who's that?" and you'll just have to say "I have no idea."

That happened to me once. We was waiting for a parade (forget which one, it's been so long), and my dad was taking pictures. When we got the pics developed, there was one of me and some other girl. I had no clue who she was, and neither of us had noticed her behind me. But she was hovering right over my shoulder, and I don't know how I hadn't known she was there. Her face was literally inches from mine. To this day, my dad and I joke about my "new friend".

[font=Arial]Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool! :twisted:[/font]

[font=Arial]"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door."-- Paul Beatty[/font]

[font=Arial]"Everybody lies."--Dr. House (RIP Kutner :()[/font]

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:36 am

disneyaddict wrote:That happened to me once. We was waiting for a parade (forget which one, it's been so long), and my dad was taking pictures. When we got the pics developed, there was one of me and some other girl. I had no clue who she was, and neither of us had noticed her behind me. But she was hovering right over my shoulder, and I don't know how I hadn't known she was there. Her face was literally inches from mine. To this day, my dad and I joke about my "new friend".
Was she, by any chance, wearing a warthog costume?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

disneyaddict
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyaddict » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:24 pm

BRWombat wrote:Was she, by any chance, wearing a warthog costume?

Haha...no. Just a t-shirt and jeans. Having a warthog's face that close to mine would've been even creepier (and I definitely would've noticed it!).

[font=Arial]Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool! :twisted:[/font]

[font=Arial]"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door."-- Paul Beatty[/font]

[font=Arial]"Everybody lies."--Dr. House (RIP Kutner :()[/font]

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:09 pm

SkipperGordon wrote: *guests who can't figure out how many people are in their party (yes, your child is a person)
Yes, I never got that one.... Also people that carry their child thru the turnstile and then let their child have their own seat in the show. Hello, s/he wasn't counted for!

Shios
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Shios » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:04 pm

-Guests who think were showing the movie, then later complain that they didn't know it was a ride and want to be compensated for waiting in line.

-"Is this a simulator?"

-Guests who still come up and ask if their "tiny" purse has to go into a locker, after I direct 5 other groups of people to the lockers and CLEARLY say that ALL LOOSE ARTICLES AND BAGS MUST BE PLACED INTO A LOCKER. NO EXCEPTIONS.

-"We don't have express passes, the people out front told us to go this way" (no, you just followed everybody else like a sheep without reading ANYTHING)

-Guests who ask if they should hold onto their glasses during the ride, and after I tell them yes, get a really nasty attitude and roll their eyes at me. YOU ASKED FOR MY OPINION.

-Guests who don't clap at unload just to be rude and make snarky comments.

-Guests who open gates/ropes and SOMEHOW end up at QC. When I ask "Um, how did you guys get here?" they always say "I DONT KNOW, WERE JUST TRYING TO GET TO THE RIDE." YOU DON'T NEED TO OPEN GATES AND ROPES. JUST FOLLOW THE GODDAMN QUEUE. WHY IS THAT SO HARD.

-At RotM, our height check outside is actually slightly shorter then the one upstairs, so when they get upstairs their children are too short to ride. This has been a complaint for a loooong time and still has yet to be fixed.

-11-82s. Our RV's hate them.

I know there's a ton more, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. I'll add more as I think of them.

MagliteL13
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by MagliteL13 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Shios wrote:-Guests who think were showing the movie, then later complain that they didn't know it was a ride and want to be compensated for waiting in line.

-"Is this a simulator?"

-Guests who still come up and ask if their "tiny" purse has to go into a locker, after I direct 5 other groups of people to the lockers and CLEARLY say that ALL LOOSE ARTICLES AND BAGS MUST BE PLACED INTO A LOCKER. NO EXCEPTIONS.

-"We don't have express passes, the people out front told us to go this way" (no, you just followed everybody else like a sheep without reading ANYTHING)

-Guests who ask if they should hold onto their glasses during the ride, and after I tell them yes, get a really nasty attitude and roll their eyes at me. YOU ASKED FOR MY OPINION.

-Guests who don't clap at unload just to be rude and make snarky comments.

-Guests who open gates/ropes and SOMEHOW end up at QC. When I ask "Um, how did you guys get here?" they always say "I DONT KNOW, WERE JUST TRYING TO GET TO THE RIDE." YOU DON'T NEED TO OPEN GATES AND ROPES. JUST FOLLOW THE GODDAMN QUEUE. WHY IS THAT SO HARD.

-At RotM, our height check outside is actually slightly shorter then the one upstairs, so when they get upstairs their children are too short to ride. This has been a complaint for a loooong time and still has yet to be fixed.

-11-82s. Our RV's hate them.

I know there's a ton more, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. I'll add more as I think of them.
Alright, I don't really know how to put this so I'll just say it. I agree with everything except the last two.

-Height check, the sign out front is actually the same height as the ones indoors, however, because of the slope of the pavement at greeter the guest has to be about 48 1/8" tall to make the sign outside. Once inside, they should be fine. Either way, it's not the fact that the kid's not tall enough, it's how they're told.

--11-82's. The RVs at Mummy are actually very accomadating to 11-82's as opposed to most other coasters. It's also about having to group them properly at preboard. Row 3 has the most leg room for those that are taller, Row 4 is the most comfortable for those that are larger. There was a point where I couldn't ride Row 1, but was good to go in Row 4.

I'll also add:

-- Those guests who think it's a museum.

-- Just plain being stuck at Unload (paticularly Starboard)

-- Is there stationary seating? Let me check...

Oh, and Shios, if you don't know who I am, PM me and we'll talk... I know who you are...

Guest: Where are the fireworks?
Me: [points up]

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:54 pm

ROP training at Knott's Berry Farm

1. SG trying to get in through employee enterence.
2. SG claiming they bought something that Knott's does not sell.
3. Camp Snoopy's restaurant is 3 stories. Top floor for parties.
4. SG leave messes and can't find a trash can that is 2 feet away.
5. Condiments smeared on tables.
6. Cleaning the tables all the time.
7. Gum removal from tables.
8. Cast member parking is far away from work location.
9. SG want free re-fills and would pick a fight to get a free refill.
10. Refilling napkins constantly-sure take 50 home as a souvenier. :eek: :twisted: