Nice to know that nothing's changed

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Nice to know that nothing's changed

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:32 pm

So I went to Knott's yesterday to purchase a groundhog beanie baby for my sister.

~It's just a little goofy thing I do. My sister was married last year on Feb. 2nd and I'm sure you all know it's Groundhog Day. Apparently, I was the only one that noticed that.

So, I got her and her hubby a groundhog for one of their wedding gifts. I told her that every year I would get them a new one for their anniversary. Yeah, I'm weird like that.~

Anyhow, they didn't have it but since I was on my way to work I figured I would get some of that awesome chicken for lunch. Inside Chicken To Go I am behind this family who is driving the poor cashier crazy.

On the menu that is posted on a huge sign overhead, it explains in detail exactly what is included in each meal. Now, does this family look at that? Of course not. They proceed to grill this girl about every single item. I am laughing quietly 'cause I know her pain.

Finally, after what seems like 30 minutes, they walk off after ordering. I get up to the counter and I am laughing. The girl looks at me funny. I say, "Sorry, but they do realize it's written above their head, right? Must be very trying to have to explain stuff over and over, especially when it could be flashing neon and they still don't see it."

She laughed and said, "You wouldn't believe how often it happens." I nodded and said that I totally understood. I gave her my order without hemming and hawing and she looked so grateful.

Gods, I remember those days.

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Nice to know that nothing's changed

Post by CBeilby » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:36 pm

Poor young lady. I can just imagine it. And on what Knotts pays, to boot. She doesn't get paid enough to put up with that.

Oh, LDC, as an aside, if you want to get your SIL a Groundhog, Build-a-Bear Workshop has them again this year.

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:47 pm

Oh, thanks for that idea! Actually, I ordered the TY Beanie Baby groundhog already. My sister actually went to Punxsutawney one year so I wanted to try to get the official one.

There is a rumor though that this is the last year TY is making the groundhogs. So Build A Bear will probably be my stop next year.

I also got her and her husband the 15th anniversary edition of Groundhog Day.

I also told her that once they start having kids I will find baby stuffed groundhogs and put the kid's name on a t-shirt to fit the little plush. Oh yes, I have really thought it all out. Scary, huh?

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:36 pm

You are a sweet person. Groundhog's day is tomorrow, I wonder if there will be a longer winter this year. My cousin was born on the same day too. :)

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:59 am

Reminds me of this bit from Comedian John Pinette:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUlf1F05gTA

He also has a hilarious bit about going to WDW in August but I can't find it on youtube. He coined the term "EPCOT death march".

Very funny man..

EDIT: I found the audio of his WDW bit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B0F8dH_ ... re=related

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:16 am

Maybe you could sneak in a hedgehog.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:54 am

turkeyham wrote:You are a sweet person. Groundhog's day is tomorrow, I wonder if there will be a longer winter this year. My cousin was born on the same day too. :)
There will.Groundhog Day: Phil Sees Shadow, Predicts 6 More Weeks of Winter
hobie16 wrote:Maybe you could sneak in a hedgehog.
Dinsdale? Dinsdale!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter