People always want more

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

People always want more

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:54 am

First this

The survivors of the flight 1549 crash in the Hudson earlier this month were lucky to have a crew skilled enough to get everyone off the plane safely and have already been given $5000. US Airways has decided to give every passenger free upgrades to first class for a year as well, and as you are on here you already know where this is heading. Now some of the passengers are complaining that they aren't being given enough, they want the upgrades for life. There are some situations where I would agree with them such as if the crash was the airlines fault, but it wasn't, it was caused by geese. Because the crash was caused by geese and the airline is not at fault they don't owe the passengers anything, but once you start handing something out people start wanting more. Sure, they could have simply given the passengers a number of upgrade, but they didn't have to give them any in the first place. The passengers should be grateful to be alive and to have received $5000 for lost luggage, why do they need more? It is things like this that make me hate people.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: People always want more

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:55 am

Maybe they can sue the goose's family. :twisted:

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:07 am

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:Maybe they can sue the goose's family. :twisted:
There have been talks of lawsuits, but I don't think any respectable lawyer(oxymoron?) would touch one with a 3 meter pole.

It would be funny to read a story about someone trying to sue the goose's family. They win and receive a free goose around Christmas.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:47 am

I am not surprised.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:43 am

Those people are lucky that Sully knew how to ditch a plane in case of an emergency. Also to have all his passengers to survive, I say he is a good person. I hope to have him as a poilot in the future. :)

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:54 am

Lasolimu wrote:...I don't think any respectable lawyer(oxymoron?) would touch one with a 3 meter pole....
That's the catch. There are plenty of idiots in my profession who don't care about respect, just rolling the dice for the big $$$.

I wish I still had the button I used to own, that said, "I'd hate lawyers, too, if only I weren't one." :cool:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:39 am

And thats exactly why the next time, after some accident, the airlines will NOT give them a thing.

I think the airlies should give them each a certificate commemorating the fact that they are now alive, and they all survived, thanks to the skill and training of the entire flight crew.

THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:57 pm

Lasolimu wrote:First this

The survivors of the flight 1549 crash in the Hudson earlier this month were lucky to have a crew skilled enough to get everyone off the plane safely and have already been given $5000. US Airways has decided to give every passenger free upgrades to first class for a year as well, and as you are on here you already know where this is heading. Now some of the passengers are complaining that they aren't being given enough, they want the upgrades for life. There are some situations where I would agree with them such as if the crash was the airlines fault, but it wasn't, it was caused by geese. Because the crash was caused by geese and the airline is not at fault they don't owe the passengers anything, but once you start handing something out people start wanting more. Sure, they could have simply given the passengers a number of upgrade, but they didn't have to give them any in the first place. The passengers should be grateful to be alive and to have received $5000 for lost luggage, why do they need more? It is things like this that make me hate people.
hmm, give them all a free roast goose for the holidays.
and a lifetime supply of screaming yellow honkers...

Corey

iria64
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by iria64 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:42 pm

BRWombat wrote:That's the catch. There are plenty of idiots in my profession who don't care about respect, just rolling the dice for the big $$$.

I wish I still had the button I used to own, that said, "I'd hate lawyers, too, if only I weren't one." :cool:
I was going to say that also... there are plenty of disrespectable lawyers who would handle these cases.

There is also another discussion going on over at another board where someone was complaining about the birthday fastpasses that are being given out for this years celebration thingy going on. They were complaing that in their mind the fast passes should be unlimited. I think that most of the responses told this person where to stuff those fastpasses in a nice way.

Except for a couple of minor injuries these people walked away from a plane crash (what is it they say... any landing you can walk away from is a good landing) and are now going to cry mental anguish. I am sure the experience was traumatic but there are a lot worse things in the world that can happen to you than walking away from a plane crash... I know a couple of people going through worse right now.

DDuckLover
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DDuckLover » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:01 pm

Some people are always looking for more. It's sad but true. I don't know about you all but 5000 would have MORE than covered my lost luggage! Probably like 500 or less would have covered it, depending on how long the trip was! I say they were lucky to get that much!