Stupid Theatre Goer gets Screamed at in Middle of Show

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Stupid Theatre Goer gets Screamed at in Middle of Show

Post by Mayonnaise » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:46 pm

Meh... Don't Feed Da Trollz.

8^P

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:42 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:Meh... Don't Feed Da Trollz.

8^P
Meh, da trollz be banninated.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:09 pm

Yez.... but they can still read without account and derive the lolz from people getting all hot and bothered over their deliberately incising post.

8^P

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:Yez.... but they can still read without account and derive the lolz from people getting all hot and bothered over their deliberately incising post.

8^P
Good point, so no more troll food until we can be sure that they are no longer reading, unless you want to put it somewhere they can't see.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

avenueqpat
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by avenueqpat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:38 pm

Rob562 wrote:As a theater tech, I can see both sides of Patti stopping the show. On the one hand, it's kind of unprofessional to stop a show like that, you should trust the house staff to do their job in stopping the photographers (though if it were in a part where she could have done it in-character as Mama Rose, I guess that could be OK, but I don't really know Gypsy that well).

But on the other hand, you have to applaud her for deciding that enough was enough, you have to draw the line somewhere. Always continuing like everything was OK just enables people to do it more and more.
The thing is with Gypsy, is by the time they get to Rose's Turn, that actress never gets to leave the stage. If it happened during her first song when she could have told someone backstage, then I would be slightly more annoyed...but I have wanted to stop playing/conducting and yell at people with their cells and cameras - I would have payed for a premium seat to be there that night myself.

February 2008 - First Trip to DL

April 2008 - First Trip to DW

January 2009 - Second Trip to DW

breathless
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by breathless » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Lasolimu wrote:Good point, so no more troll food until we can be sure that they are no longer reading, unless you want to put it somewhere they can't see.
KK, I won't feed the trolls, their creepy looking anyway. :) Especially the ones with the jewels in their belly, that was just wrong!

All it takes is faith trust and pixie dust... and Rock n' Roll!!!:jessica:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:05 pm

There used to be a troll named The ColSmuckers on Monster.com, he used to make very arrogant posts that attacked everybody, but especially us older workers. This turd was beyond rude. Eventually, we figured out he was a kid on school breaks, because during the summer, etc., was when he was most active. I don't go to Monster much anymore, but I think they finally banned him, practically everybody had him on Ignore.

When KBFDrama.com (RIP) changed to a MySpace community, there was some jerk who really attacked people, calling himself J&Z. He also was put on Ignore, but the fact is, that community hardly has any new posts, though it's been awhile since I've been there. To think it was a maintenence guy at Knott's who told me about both KBFD and SGT--KBFD was so much fun. SOme of the old posts from there are on the community, but not many. I'll have to go look at that place to see if it's still up or not.

Noctourne Wonderland
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Noctourne Wonderland » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:25 pm

On topic, I, being in theatre, would LOVE to scream at the audience. It's amazing how hard it is to find a good audience- they're either silent (never preform for kids. They applaude for NOTHING and laugh at NOTHING), or are way to chatty/in la-la land to be concerned with the play (Never preform for adults. They laugh at the most random things (how is murder and decapitation funny?! Well, stil...) and applaude part way through your speech that's supposed to be funny!). Honestly, I was tempted in my last play (The Three Musketeers) to excuse myself from D'Artagnan and go out into the audience in full Cardinal Richelieu regalia and rant at a stupid audience member (SAM?) who laughed at all the dramatic parts and was silent during the comedy. :chair:

[font="Courier New"]You know that guy who cheers for the King of Hearts? That's me![/font] :kinghrts:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:46 pm

People today are so used to non-interactive media--T.V. and movies--that they haven't learned how to act around live performers. When I worked at Knott's on the train, there would be some guests who would grab the female bandits' butts as they passed through the cars. Then there was the fruit loop who not only wouldn't stay in his seat, acting very bizarrely, but pulled a knife on the bandits. His wife walked off the train at the depot saying she didn't know him. Cops took him in, because the bandits have a 2-way in the mail coach in the front of the train, and they called security. The other passengers loved it when I chanted "Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you?" when the guy acted up. :twisted:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:43 am

Lasolimu wrote:BTW Wombat, you can make your own paper! http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009 ... 507046.htm
Woohoo! Where are my royalties??? :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter