Stupid Theatre Goer gets Screamed at in Middle of Show

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Stupid Theatre Goer gets Screamed at in Middle of Show

Post by hobie16 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:52 am

Rob562 wrote:There was also an incident a few years back where Kelsey Grammer (I think) stopped the Shakespeare play he was in and berated an audience member whose phone had gone off during the show.
Kelsey was on Letterman a few years ago and HIS cell phone went off. Dave was not happy.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:42 pm

I saw Phantom once--it was right before Carlotta sings, "Poor Fool, He Makes Me Laugh", wasn't it? Because the only other opera within the opera, apart from "Hannibal", in the beginning, is "Don Juan Triumphant", and Carlotta's not even in that one.

Somehow, "Poor Fool" kinda fits someone whose cell goes off like that, in a way....

breathless
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by breathless » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Okay, As a former performer, I loved the fact that the guy got yelled at! I think I've stated this before, but I hate it when people use flash photography when asked not to. If you don't know how to turn off your flash...maybe you should read your manual before using the camera.

As far as not allowing large lenses... Why? I'm not looking to bring something that they would use on the sidelines at the Superbowl, but what are you suppose to do if you didn't bring your car to the park and it happens to be too big. But I'm still confused on the issue.

And Phantom is AWESOME!!! I would be afraid to take pictures of Carlotta, I think she could B@#$% slap me considering her Diva character. :)

All it takes is faith trust and pixie dust... and Rock n' Roll!!!:jessica:

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:02 am

felinefan wrote:I saw Phantom once--it was right before Carlotta sings, "Poor Fool, He Makes Me Laugh", wasn't it? Because the only other opera within the opera, apart from "Hannibal", in the beginning, is "Don Juan Triumphant", and Carlotta's not even in that one.

Somehow, "Poor Fool" kinda fits someone whose cell goes off like that, in a way....
Yup, that was exactly the moment. :)

-Rob

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:07 am

breathless wrote:And Phantom is AWESOME!!! I would be afraid to take pictures of Carlotta, I think she could B@#$% slap me considering her Diva character. :)
I have to admit I prefer the Yeston/Kopit "Phantom" to the Weber "Phantom of the Opera." I enjoy both, don't get me wrong, but if I have a choice it will be the Yeston/Kopit version every time.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:59 am

Lasolimu wrote:I have to admit I prefer the Yeston/Kopit "Phantom" to the Weber "Phantom of the Opera." I enjoy both, don't get me wrong, but if I have a choice it will be the Yeston/Kopit version every time.
The Yeston/Kopit "Phantom" became a "show that shall not be named" in one of our theaters. American Musical Theatre of San Jose (RIP) put on a production that had so many things go wrong on preview night, they had to shut it down for a week, recast the female lead, rework some of the sets and reopen a week or two later. Later, it became a superstition in that theater to mention the show by name because when there was a discussion about staging another production of it, there was an accident onstage that night.

Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Purpura » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:47 am

StupidGuestTricks wrote:That actress is very rude. I think she should just get over it if people want to take pictures of her then let them.

You people are acting very ignorant... must be Obama supporters
I'm not ignorant and yes I supported Obama... Flash cameras during a performance can distract someone due to the area away from the stage being darkened during the performance so the actors and actresses can concentrate on their parts. If someone takes a flash camera and starts shooting pictures it will bring attention to the photographer, not only from those around him/her but those on stage. I'd say the actress was right to get angry at the man. She didn't want to be distracted from whatever song she was doing when he started taking the pictures.

I have seen pictures taken of Shakespearean plays where I used to live, and they took the photos during a dress rehearsal, with everyone in their full costumes. No one else had brought cameras to the plays either.

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:22 am

StupidGuestTricks wrote:I am very rude. I think I should just get over it if people want to enjoy their own website community without trolls like me.

You people are acting very nice, and I am ignorant... [edited to reflect reality]
This is fun!!! :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:28 am

I'll give it a try!
StupidGuestTricks wrote:That actress is awesome. I think she did the right thing yelling at him, but more should be done about his behavior as an example to others.

You people are very knowledgeable... must be theatre supporters
Wow, this is pretty fun. I may need to go do it to his other posts.

BTW Wombat, you can make your own paper! http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009 ... 507046.htm

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

breathless
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by breathless » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:39 pm

StupidGuestTricks wrote:That actress is very rude. I think she should just get over it if people want to take pictures of her then let them.

You people are acting very ignorant... must be Obama supporters
:twisted: So let me get this straight... the whole audience is asked not to take flash pictures at a theatre production, if it wasn't announced, it was placed on signs or in the program, anyone who has been to the theater knows this. NOW, the guy could have waited until curtain call to get a photo of the performer, it didn't have to be right at the beginning. That rule is in place for the safety of the performers and the comfort of the rest of the audience. Would you like it if some one kept flashing pictures right behind you at a show. I wouldn't. Hell I can't stand people who open their cellphones at the movies just to check the time or their messages. It is very distracting. If you are making sure the babysitter isn't having issues put it on vibrate, that is why phones have a vibrate feature.

As far as the last part of your statement: Not all of us voted for Obama! And you call us ignorant. That comment had nothing to do with anything or anyone in this forum. Please keep your political opinion to yourself.

All it takes is faith trust and pixie dust... and Rock n' Roll!!!:jessica: