Stupid Theatre Goer gets Screamed at in Middle of Show

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Stupid Theatre Goer gets Screamed at in Middle of Show

Post by felinefan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:44 pm

Write Ms. Lupone a fan letter of gratitude.

Ho-say
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Ho-say » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:54 pm

That is brilliant...and would never have expected it (though what has happened to Patti Lupone's voice? I remember her singing so well when I watched "Life Goes On" years ago).

I did once go to a reading featuring Maya Angelou, and she stopped right in the middle of reciting one of her works, but it was because someone became very ill in the audience, but she did so to calm the audience down --- and in particular, to put a couple audience members in their places for over reacting to the situation...

While I know it would ruin the magic, isn't there just a small part of you who wants Ariel to go all bitch a$$ on a guest taking flash pictures in the middle of Voyage of The Little Mermaid? ;)

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:49 pm

I can just see the SG go on It's a Small World and the dolls snatching the cam corders and cameras away. That would be a good lesson for the SG. :eek:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:39 am

BRWombat wrote:You know, your posts reminded me that when riding The Seas with Nemo & Friends a year ago, I yelled at an SG to stop taking flash pictures. Of course, I was a guest at the time, not a performer, but maybe I've got a little of that attitude in me after all... :o:
I also remember that at Fantasmic! when the people right behind us were flashing pictures, you turned around and said something about how they wouldn't come out anyway. I loved it. Wish I had joined you in doing so, actually. It's amazing how everyone takes pictures at F!, whether they can come out or not. Enjoy the show, and if you really need pictures, buy one or get it online.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:I also remember that at Fantasmic! when the people right behind us were flashing pictures, you turned around and said something about how they wouldn't come out anyway. I loved it. Wish I had joined you in doing so, actually. It's amazing how everyone takes pictures at F!, whether they can come out or not. Enjoy the show, and if you really need pictures, buy one or get it online.
Ha! I'd forgotten that. Yep, that's one of my pet peeves... Well, not a pet peeve so much, as just one way I marvel at people's unending stupidity. At shows, concerts and sporting events, whether in person or on TV, you see flashes going off all over the arena, when they're going to affect the lighting of your shot -- what, 20-30 feet max? 40 on a good day? I have no problem with flash-less shots using whatever light is available, but a flash at that distance is useless. And annoying.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:40 pm

Ho-say wrote: While I know it would ruin the magic, isn't there just a small part of you who wants Ariel to go all bitch a$$ on a guest taking flash pictures in the middle of Voyage of The Little Mermaid? ;)
I wish something would happen. It is really dangerous to take pictures during that show.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:41 am

BRWombat wrote:Ha! I'd forgotten that. Yep, that's one of my pet peeves... Well, not a pet peeve so much, as just one way I marvel at people's unending stupidity. At shows, concerts and sporting events, whether in person or on TV, you see flashes going off all over the arena, when they're going to affect the lighting of your shot -- what, 20-30 feet max? 40 on a good day? I have no problem with flash-less shots using whatever light is available, but a flash at that distance is useless. And annoying.
And then there are the fools who take flash pictures of the fireworks... :rolleyes:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:36 pm

I remember being on the train and the train conductor said pleasedo not take any pictures. The flash you use will leave your picture nice and white.

Now for that lady that stopped the show and told them no flash photography that was smart.

I can just see a special censor on attractions. If it scences that someone took a picture, it will cause the ride to stop.

When I went to Boeing in Everrt Washington, we had to leave cameras, purses and other items in the car. If you wanted cash, you zip it in your pockets. :D:

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:06 pm

Ho-say wrote: While I know it would ruin the magic, isn't there just a small part of you who wants Ariel to go all bitch a$$ on a guest taking flash pictures in the middle of Voyage of The Little Mermaid? ;)
The Ops cast at that show are USUALLY pretty good about getting guests to stop taking flash pictures, for obvious reasons.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:37 pm

Near the end of the Patti Lupone audio, I thought I heard something getting smashed, and the audience went wild. Did she get the dude's camera and smash it before resuming the show?