What, no free beer?

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: What, no free beer?

Post by felinefan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:26 pm

That was a quote from "UHF".

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:49 pm

felinefan wrote:That was a quote from "UHF".
Which was a quote from "Treasure of the Sierra Madre"

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

ham and eggs
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ham and eggs » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:18 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Which was a quote from "Treasure of the Sierra Madre"
Thanks for that quote and where it came from Grumpy Pirate. It is my all time favorite since I first heard it around the age of 10. "Badges, badges, we don't need no stinking badges." is one of the most misquoted movie lines ever. (but I still love it) :D: You can find a clip of the original line on YouTube.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:50 am

ham and eggs wrote:Thanks for that quote and where it came from Grumpy Pirate. It is my all time favorite since I first heard it around the age of 10. "Badges, badges, we don't need no stinking badges." is one of the most misquoted movie lines ever. (but I still love it) :D: You can find a clip of the original line on YouTube.
I managed to collect a bunch of them over the years. Some of the better ones are classics!

Some of the better ones are from Full Metal Jacket !! hehehehehehe

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:30 pm

felinefan wrote:That was a quote from "UHF".
Ah UHF. A classic, with a thin plot that's only there to hang a lot of Weird Al goofiness on. And Kramer before he was Kramer.

Rival station boss: This is an embarrassment. A disgrace. What do you think R.J. Fletcher Senior would be saying if he were alive today?
Flunky: (whispering to coworker) "Help, help, let me out of this box!" :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

that_one_girl
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by that_one_girl » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:21 pm

In response to the topic. I work at BG. They stopped the beer to save money because people would come up a get more than just two free items of beer because their friends would get it for them. For out wonderful family theme park a lot of drunks always walk around.

Second of all I am glad. Drunks would always linger and yell mean things and attack the employees.

But they only thing is when these people come up after this no beer thing happened and decided to yell because they wanted free beer and someone should give it to them. Of course they wanted their money back and all. Whiny people.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:25 pm

People complain that Disneyland does not sell beer. Come on idiots, this is a family park. Downtown Disney and DCA are the places you can purchase it. :D:

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:39 am

that_one_girl, thank you for the explanation which is what I was thinking of as a good answer.

Get an annual pass to the park then take a bunch of nondrinkers with you. You could get lots of free beer there. The rest of us do not get free soda pop or juice or tea but the boozers could get drunk. I am glad it is gone. Spend the money on repairs, park improvements and wages. Not in that order of course.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:14 am

turkeyham wrote:People complain that Disneyland does not sell beer. Come on idiots, this is a family park. Downtown Disney and DCA are the places you can purchase it. :D:
I still don't get that. I'll be the first one to have a brewski after a long day at one of the parks, usually with snacks, but DURING the day?? no way, thats what water, and soda, and turkey legs, and popcorn, and...(well, you get the idea!) are for!!

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:14 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I still don't get that. I'll be the first one to have a brewski after a long day at one of the parks, usually with snacks, but DURING the day?? no way, thats what water, and soda, and turkey legs, and popcorn, and...(well, you get the idea!) are for!!
Unless of course you are drinking around the World Showcase/stumble through Future World :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."