What, no free beer?

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: What, no free beer?

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:01 pm

hobie16 wrote:That reminds me of a story I heard about pre Castro Cuba. The punch line was, "Your sister?!?! I won't even drink the water!!"
hehehehehehe

I heard the same joke in Subic!!

The San Miguel green bottle was pretty good. that and some barbequed Monkey meat!! Mmmmmm great night out!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:22 pm

I don't think Cedar Fair would buy Sea World. Everytime they have bought a amusement park that had sea animals,they got rid of them.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:28 pm

dazyhill wrote:I don't think Cedar Fair would buy Sea World. Everytime they have bought a amusement park that had sea animals,they got rid of them.
Hmmm, did they open a SEAFOOD restaurant?
hehehehe

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:31 pm

You could always be like "that guy" at Haunt one year. He had on a belt buckle and had a fake cell phone on him. Both were flasks filled with a shot of Jack Daniels. Which is a waste, but anyhow..

Of course, since he had gone to the beer garden before that and had a few, he was more than happy to tell everyone about his emergency stash.

I still don't know how he got them past security unless the girlfriend carried the cell one in her purse.

My thing is: WHY DO YOU NEED ALCOHOL TO ENJOY A THEME PARK?

I never understood that. Isn't it more fun sober and not stumbling around or any of the stupid effects it does to you??

Maybe that's just me.

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:17 am

LittleDollClaudia wrote:WHY DO YOU NEED ALCOHOL TO ENJOY A THEME PARK?
It's a mystery. :confused:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:22 am

hobie16 wrote:It's a mystery. :confused:
True. the only time I have had anything is with a meal, or back at the hotel AFTER a day of fun in the heat!! I can't imagine running around the parks after drinking a lot of alcohol.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:49 pm

Last year my sister and I stayed at the Disneyland hotel for her birthday. We got conciere (sp) in our package. We did meet up with our friends and had champane at Goffy's kitchen. We had a late lunch and a few beers. We did go to park a few hours later. I was ok, but feeling a little bit light headed. We went back later to the room and went in for the night. If you drink beer on a hot day, the faster you get drunk.

The last time I went to Knott's, the beer rule was 2 beers only. :o:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:39 am

It's like the people who drink around the World at Epcot, and then come stumbling onto the Monorail. Now, I am not generally going to refuse service, but after a night of cleaning up Cab 1 on Lime (right before driving it. You never love Voban... or hate it... as much as I do now after the night I'm talking about), I don't let anyone who's visibly drunk in the front cab... besides what if they decide it would be fun to push buttons while the train is in motion?

One night, though, someone at Epcot had allowed drunk guests in the front cab. One person got sick, and that caused the other guests to react in kind, and the pilot as well. From the way the Voban had been poured, the floor was covered, and it was all over all the seats. There was not one inch of Voban on the floor that was not solidly caked together, which means the floor had been solidly covered.

I rode around with the driver who had the train before me for a while, sweeping up the Voban and protein spill. It took two rounds, and even then the smell of the Voban (still better than the vomit) was overpowering. Once I got somewhat used to it, I didn't leave the cab so I wouldn't lose the scent in the clear air, so that I would remain fully used to the smell and not have to readjust every stop.

It was awful.

So no drunks in the front cab when I am involved.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:43 am

Hmm, no offense, but I would think that rule would have been instituted, from a safety standpoint, a LONG time ago!

It.s not like a bus or car, you can't just pull over. (and get out if you need too)

(I am referring about the CM getting away from a drunk SG.)

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:59 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Hmm, no offense, but I would think that rule would have been instituted, from a safety standpoint, a LONG time ago!

It.s not like a bus or car, you can't just pull over. (and get out if you need too)

(I am referring about the CM getting away from a drunk SG.)
Just open the window on the Epcot Teardrop.

Kurt