What, no free beer?

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: What, no free beer?

Post by hobie16 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:23 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I remember being overseas, and we would go to Subic Bay naval base for upkeep/repair. The bars would serve American beer that had formaldehyde in it. You would get SUCH a headache!!! thats why a lot of us switched to RUM! or Gin, or vodka ...(plus it was cheap!)
You drank in Subic Bay? You Navy guys are crazy!!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:44 pm

lady ulrike wrote:Actually, it's not that the beer was terrible, it's that some detergent/soap of some type ended up in the beer and they were selling it to Mexico figuring no one there would care. Peggy found out, brought it to her superiors, and was basically told it's none of your business, so she gave the board members some of the tainted beer that was being sold in Mexico. Their violent reaction was getting sick.
Well, soapy beer would taste terrible, lol.

Belgarion42
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Belgarion42 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:52 pm

mechurchlady wrote:It is a new owner so they will want to get rid of the busch name and the beer related theme and turn it into a Disneyland, Carowind, Knotts Berry Farm type of place. A place without the free booze and peddling of Busch products.
Actually, they don't want to turn the Sea World parks into a Disneyland, Carowind, Knotts Berry Farm type of place. InBev doesn't want the parks at all and is much more interested in selling off them off, since they are "non-core business assets". We are much more likely to see them sold off to another company (hopefully not Cedar fair) than to see InBev get rid of the Busch name and turn them into another kind of park.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:15 pm

Cancel all my reservations!!!!!!! :(

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:21 pm

ForJustADollarMore wrote:Do you think this has more to do with the recession or the Belgian company taking over?
I dunno, but if I were the Clydesdales horses over there I'd be pretty darn worried. Horse meat is a delicacy in Belgium. Before equine slaughterhouses were outlawed here, most of them were actually Belgian owned.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:13 pm

ForJustADollarMore wrote:Do you think this has more to do with the recession or the Belgian company taking over?
Probably both. InBev was heavily leveraged in the initial takeover. The recession will hurt them even more.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:16 pm

I hate to inform you, Knott's sells alcohol. My friend works there and there is beer sold in bottles. :eek:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:18 pm

hobie16 wrote:You drank in Subic Bay? You Navy guys are crazy!!
Hey, a bar is a bar. And it was a heck of a lot safer than drinking water there!!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:52 pm

hmm, and too much free beer will make you want to free willy...

Corey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:03 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Hey, a bar is a bar. And it was a heck of a lot safer than drinking water there!!!
That reminds me of a story I heard about pre Castro Cuba. The punch line was, "Your sister?!?! I won't even drink the water!!"

--- Matt King