What, no free beer?

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

What, no free beer?

Post by mechurchlady » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:54 am

I was over at Disboards looking up Disneyland stuff when I came across something that may be very sad for some members of this site. :darph: :rip:

The source:
http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/ ... a=e_du_pub
Busch Entertainment Corp., the amusement park subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, told employees Jan. 2 and Jan. 5 that free Budweiser beer will no longer be given to theme park patrons.
Busch Gardens’ hospitality center in Tampa will close and get a new menu, SeaWorld Orlando’s hospitality area will be turned into a restaurant. Sea World San Diego, Sea World San Antonio and Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va., are also affected but they do not say how. They are saying that the free beer only appeals to beer drinkers who are of legal age and they rather focus on a broader market.

I think they are trying to save money by turning a loss to something that makes money like a restaurant.

Note: Busch is still offering at most of its parks, not Discovery Cove or Aquatica, free admission to the military.
http://orlando.bizjournals.com/tampabay ... ily20.html

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: What, no free beer?

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:21 am

Hmm. Well, I never did the whole beer thing anyway... I stick to wine or hard stuff mixed into fruity drinks.

The thing that makes it sad is that it's just another step to making them non-AB parks.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:57 am

I heard about this. It was nice to go to the beer school, where I was valedictorian of my class each time I visited, learn about how Budweiser makes beer. Sample their stuff (I am not a fan of most of their stuff) and then enjoy a cold one at the hospitality bar before going back out. I never got close to getting a buzz or drunk, they don't give out that much free beer ;)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:35 pm

I went on a tour of a Beer Factory in Buch Gardens Virginia when I was an early teen... I didn't have any beer of course, being so young, but I was so little, and such a lightweight managed to get a beer headache just from the smell!

8^S

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:43 pm

Aww no more free crappy beer. Guess I'll just have to sneak in more rum.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:43 pm

The Jelly Belly factory is located in Fairfield, CA. Just down the street is a Budweiser brewery. You drop the kids off for the Jelly Belly tour and hit the brewery for a few brews. At the end of the day you've got a mix of hyper active kids with a sugar buzz and parents that are just buzzed.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:34 pm

Big Wallaby wrote: The thing that makes it sad is that it's just another step to making them non-AB parks.
They are planning to get rid of their entertainment department and you are right that this is obviously a move to getting rid of the Busch brewery image from the site. It would be easy to do with SeaWorld which would only require changing the merchandising and the hospitality area.

Poor Cujo will not get that free beer, sigh, what to do. Maybe someof you can make a thread on how to get booze and other contraband into parks. The walking stick that is hollow and filled with booze or maybe a wheelchair that has all the tubing of the frame hollow and the seat could be insulated to hold booze. Why is grandpa happy? :rolleyes:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:39 pm

CujoSR wrote:Aww no more free crappy beer. Guess I'll just have to sneak in more rum.
Never did like the little sips they gave you. The only good thing was that they had the Clydesdales in a paddock next to the free beer center!

Hmmmm, Rum in the parks!!!!! that would be pretty easy!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:45 pm

At DCA, you can buy a beer, but there is no free refills. When my sister and I flew out on Jet Blue to Orlando, we ordered a few beers and we did not get any free. I did get a medium buzz when arriving into MCO.

If you have a party at your house, they yeah you can have free refills. :eek:

iria64
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by iria64 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:00 pm

Boy, I plan a trip for Busch Garden, VA only to find the brewery tour no longer open and since I am the only one who drinks beer in the family I did not bother doing the tastings in the park.

Now I am planning on Sea World and will have a drinking buddy only to find out that the drinking will not be free.

What is this world coming too :D: