Smoking on a roller coaster

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Yoshi
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Smoking on a roller coaster

Post by Yoshi » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:22 pm

I was at Six Flags Great Adventure this past Friday night and went to Nitro for my last ride of the night. For those that don't know, Nitro is a hypercoaster with a 215 ft drop and goes 80 mph. The seating is 4 per row, I was a single rider and sat with 3 other guys.

Going up the lift hill I start to smell smoke. I thought maybe it was from one of the haunted trails that is right near the ride. I look to my right and see one of the guys in my row lit up a cigarette and is smoking on the coaster.

Let's see what could go wrong, ashes could get on him or someone else and if it fell out of his mouth during the ride someone, myself included could have gotten burned. The coaster also has some sharp banked turns which could have made it worse (on an almost 90 degree turn, he could have lost it).

I was going to tell a ride op when we got back to the station or called security myself if I knew the number to dial (I saw it posted online once but forgot it) but I decided against it as if they saw me complain about them and were allowed to stay in the park, it was 3 of them versus 1 and you never know how someone will react so I kept my mouth shut.

It seems like every time I am at a park, I see things that are worse each visit.

disneyaddict
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Smoking on a roller coaster

Post by disneyaddict » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:27 pm

Wow, smoking on a coaster that goes 80 mph...Just goes to show, smoking really can kill you.

[font=Arial]Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool! :twisted:[/font]

[font=Arial]"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door."-- Paul Beatty[/font]

[font=Arial]"Everybody lies."--Dr. House (RIP Kutner :()[/font]

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:05 am

The hills around Magic Mountain were lit up on fire this time last year (not from a cigarette) how careless and dangerous to have a lit cigarette on a high-speed rollercoaster! :eek:
Speaking of fire, hope everyone out there is OK tonight!

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:38 am

The winds were pretty bad. There are so many fires burning. I hope none get out where I am. :eek:

svickersart
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by svickersart » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:02 am

DisneyMom wrote:The hills around Magic Mountain were lit up on fire this time last year (not from a cigarette) how careless and dangerous to have a lit cigarette on a high-speed rollercoaster! :eek:
Speaking of fire, hope everyone out there is OK tonight!
Saw on the news last night they said coming off the grapevine you can see fires on both sides of I-5, thats pretty near Valencia and MM. Lots of winds the last few days and the Santa Anna's are back in the south, again, we have been in a red flag warning for most of last week, they are just now dieing down up here but getting worse in the south.

Steve

security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by security officer » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:35 pm

I'm an ex california conservation corps firefighter here is a scary fact that a major of our wildfires are cause by some dumb@ss with a cigarette or or other human causes

CA Screamin Dude
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by CA Screamin Dude » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:15 am

And if you need more proof that the human condition is to blame for many 'wildfires,' just watch Bambi!

deathcomesarippin
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by deathcomesarippin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:10 am

thats disgusting. one time (I worked at busch gardens tampa FL) me and a co-worker paul where stationed at a ride called sandstorm, it just spins you around alot. we smelled something funny and there was a group of 4 kids smoking something other than tobacco, in line with little kids around on a packed summer day. I was amazed with shock.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:13 am

I have heard allot of cast members on BTRR repeat, there is no smoking allowed in line, please put out your cig. The SG ignored the cast member. There was a security guard waiting for the SG before he got on. Mo and I were a few feet away from the SG.

I remember being on the way home from Las Vegas with Mo. She was driving and I was in the front seat of the car. We were listening to a talk radio show. The boy friend was ticked off at his girl friend for smoking. He took the fire estingisher (sp) and sprayed his girl friend down. There was white powder all over his girl friend. The guy said bling bling! Mo and I were laughing. :eek:

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Good God, and I thought the smoking was bad at Universal (don't get me started on Halloween Horror Nights and smokers). But I have to say, smoking on a roller coaster truly trumps anything I've ever seen.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal