Smoking on a roller coaster

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Smoking on a roller coaster

Post by drcorey » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:44 pm

Syndrome wrote:LOL, yeah, about as sad as the shooting of that moron who was blown away by the cop for pulling a gun over on Turkey Lake road in the Uni area the other day. My heart weeps for him and for those SGs too. :twisted:
sort of like, during Tourist season we should be able to get as many as we like, with no bag limit...

Corey

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:02 pm

I had no idea that there was a shooting. Dang! I work and when I get home there is nothing much on tv except for the winter olympics.

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Some guy got on my ride with a cigarette in his hand.
I told them "Sir, I am sorry, but there is no smoking allowed on rides"
SG - "I am not smoking, it is not lit"

The cig wasn't lit, but had been. He was saving it for after the ride so he wouldn't have to waste it. So this lovely guy, had been smoking in the line for my ride, in a smoke free park.

I told him to put it in his pocket thinking if it was in fact lit he wouldn't do it because he'd be burned. But instead he flicked it off the side onto the stations floor.

Thank You Sir ( for littering).

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:03 pm

I swear, smoking must do something even worse to a smoker's brain than what it does to their body. The surgeon general should add to the regular warning that smoking increases your chances of becoming a total thoughtless jerk.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:15 pm

Hang on now,not 'all' of us. :mad:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:48 pm

felinefan wrote:I swear, smoking must do something even worse to a smoker's brain than what it does to their body. The surgeon general should add to the regular warning that smoking increases your chances of becoming a total thoughtless jerk.
Seriously, like there aren't non smokers who are thoughtless jerks?

Well, looks like that non smoking campaign in the park did the trick cause the whole property is loaded with totally thoughtless jerks. And they are beating each other up a lot too...must be all that pent up self centered-ness.

Yup, I hate the freaking holidays! Ba-humbug!

MAPO

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Remember, I said smokers can be TOTAL thoughtless jerks. Non-smokers, even moi, have been known to become merely thoughtless jerks. :p:

The italics function doesn't seem to be working right; tried italicizing just the word "moi", but it did it to the whole rest of the line. Yes, I clicked on the italics button after I was done using the italics, but still....

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Non-smokers can be total thoughtless jerks.

Smokers can be total thoughtless jerks who also reek of smoke.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:14 am

Hmm. During Halloween Haunt @ Knott's in '06, I had a few people light up on Calico Mine Ride. It shocked me, especially since that thing would go up like a candle if anything caught on fire. Even worse during Haunt when you have more added effects that restrict your vision even further. I caught one guy red handed and got on my PA and was all "HEY! YOU! STOP THAT SMOKING!"

Like a genius he was, he immediately threw the lit cigarette into a scene containing fake spiderwebs (cheesecloth and the like), dry wood, and other fun flammable objects.

Sigh. Good times. Haunt was the most hectic and fun time I had @ Calico Mine Ride though.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

EpcotFan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by EpcotFan » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Syndrome wrote:Good God, and I thought the smoking was bad at Universal (don't get me started on Halloween Horror Nights and smokers). But I have to say, smoking on a roller coaster truly trumps anything I've ever seen.
I used to think Universal was bad, but I just got a couple of weeks ago from Disneyland Paris. It seemed like every second person had a cig lit. Thankfully, the restaurants and attractions were smoke free, but it was so irritating I ended up with a sore throat the entire time we were there.