He picked up the what?

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
TechieSidhe
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

He picked up the what?

Post by TechieSidhe » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:39 pm

This is a SGT sighting from a non-theme park location, but reading what I've read here, it fits right in.

In 2002, I was blessed enough to be able to go to Hawaii for a week. (Hubby's work, yay!) I am very interested, and in fact, have a degree in, world religions, and went to the Byodo In temple on Oahu. The Byodo In temple is a beautiful Buddhist temple framed by mountains and lovely scenery. I went there to pray and meditate a little to get a break from the touristy stuff I'd been doing.

After I did the important bits, I wandered the beautiful grounds and took pictures for my family back home. The temple has lovely streams and pools filled with koi fish. Very well fed koi, I might add. I'm walking over the bridge and I hear a slight commotion. I look towards the noise, and notice aghast that some tourist has actually PICKED UP THE FISH OUT OF THE POND and is showing it off to his family and friends. Talk about your bad karma. EEK! HE eventually lets the fish go, and they walk off.

I go to one of the attendants, and tell them that someone has actually picked up the fish. She is as surprised as I am.

What disrespect! I don't go into their church or temple and take the torah down and start playing with it! Or start taking things of the altar! What possesses someone to do such a thing?

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: He picked up the what?

Post by joanna71985 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:52 pm

Wow, that is really rude! I can't believe someone would do that.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

disneyaddict
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyaddict » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:05 pm

Wow, what a freak! Who in the world, SGT or no, would think it would be okay to do something like that?!?!?

[font=Arial]Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool! :twisted:[/font]

[font=Arial]"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door."-- Paul Beatty[/font]

[font=Arial]"Everybody lies."--Dr. House (RIP Kutner :()[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:17 pm

Maybe he's a fish tosser at Pike Place Market in Seattle.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:21 pm

I actually saw a Hawaii Five 0 episode about a guy that stole one of the fish out of the pond in front of a very interesting looking temple. Wonder if it was the same one (temple not fish).

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:53 pm

I remember when I was working at Knott's, there were a few times some older guy would express a desire to go fishing for the koi. I would tell them that would be a very expensive meal, as I once read one koi can cost a couple thousand dollars. And besides, there was no way he could get a rod and reel into the park without a problem.

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:34 pm

felinefan wrote:I remember when I was working at Knott's, there were a few times some older guy would express a desire to go fishing for the koi. I would tell them that would be a very expensive meal, as I once read one koi can cost a couple thousand dollars. And besides, there was no way he could get a rod and reel into the park without a problem.
Maybe not get in with a rod or reel, but he could have bought one. We used to sell Snoopy Rod and Reel sets in the Snoopy-themed stores-one of which was not far from the koi pond. :D:
Sad to say the koi pond is gone. :( The koi were moved to a pond by the Mystery Lodge theatre and there are some in the remainder of the lagoon by Independence Hall.

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:06 pm

Let us not forget the many fine Ronco products available, including the Popiel pocket fisherman or the Mini Pen Rod

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/po ... herman.htm

http://www.ngcsports.com/moreinfo/pen/i ... swodaTTZiw

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:14 pm

I was going to mention the Pocket Fisherman. Yeah, originally, there were koi in the lake where the Walter K Steamboat used to be, Reflection Lake; also the pond next to the Camp Snoopy Store and the Red Baron ride, where I understand the animal farm/petting zoo used to be; when they drained Reflection Lake to do maintenence on the Walter K, as well as prepare the lake for the addition of Silver Bullet, the koi in the lake were moved elsewhere. I swear, every time they do something in that park, they screw it up for what's left. And I remember people getting really pissed that they couldn't find certain attractions anymore. I still can't get over the one guy asking where the Corkscrew was.... uh, that was taken out about 20 years ago.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:54 pm

I saw the koi last time I was there, last spring. They are between the Indian Lodge and the whats-it-called rapids ride. They appear to be healthy and florishing.

:cleo:

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."