AMEN! The Anti-SG!

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

AMEN! The Anti-SG!

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Wed May 14, 2008 11:42 pm

A couple of other rules for the park: The height requirements are there for a reason. Don't tell your child to stand on tiptoe if he's not tall enough. Don't convince her to ride a scary coaster she's tentative about. (Yes, we slipped out of Disney's Haunted Mansion after waiting in line.) Just as important, if your child is tall for his age, don't permit him to ride alone -- or at all-- on something you think he might not be ready for emotionally. "Parents know their kids better than anyone, says Mandt. "You know whether they'll stay seated or keep their hands inside." He adds the vast majority of injuries and mishaps occur because people don't follow directions. (For more safety tips, visit http://www.ticketforfun.com.)

And no matter how much you've spent so your tweens can ride the newest coasters or your preschooler can meet her favorite characters, give up the idea of riding every ride and seeing every show. It's impossible. The kids will get tired and cranky. So will you. When everyone has had enough, go back to the hotel and jump in the pool. Remember, the point is to have fun, not drive yourselves crazy
You can read the rest of the article (which is about new themepark attractions here.

It's refreshing to see an article that advocates following the rules and also using common sense. I think hell just froze over!

Petite and Proud!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: AMEN! The Anti-SG!

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed May 14, 2008 11:51 pm

That is a good article. Sadly, not everyone will read it and take it to heart.

We can only hope!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

albino_pygmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Park: Magic Kingdom
Department: Jungle Navigation Co
Position: Skipper

Post by albino_pygmy » Wed May 14, 2008 11:57 pm

There'll always be the soccer mom and her perfect schedule, and if you stand in the way of messing up her schedule down to the minute . . . yeah, I don't want to even think about what she'll do to you if you tell her she has to wait 20 minutes in line when she planned 15 minutes :eek: (has had that happen to me, so for future reference, if anyone doesn't get to see it all, it's because it's my fault that I'm so darn irresistable and people all over come to wait in line to hopefully ride my boat. There, ya happy?)

Skipper's General Warning!
Reading of this signature might result in the following:
Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion,
Upset Stomach, Diarrhea, and may Complicate Pregnancy.
Consult a physician if read thoroughly.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu May 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Well of course. Your boat really sounds like fun. So it is your fault.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri May 16, 2008 12:39 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Well of course. Your boat really sounds like fun. So it is your fault.
Good point, whats up with that albino pygmy??? Making your guests have FUN on your boat????

sheeeessh!!

albino_pygmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by albino_pygmy » Fri May 16, 2008 7:39 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Good point, whats up with that albino pygmy??? Making your guests have FUN on your boat????

sheeeessh!!
It's not my fault they have fun on my boat. I tell extremely lame jokes on my cruises, and somehow they find it funny? Maybe I should dust off the better jokes, tell those, and bore them to tears as all the good jokes fly over their little heads, hehe :)

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Fri May 16, 2008 8:35 am

They're jokes?!!! I thought that really WAS the backside of water! I want my money back! :D:

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Fri May 16, 2008 9:58 am

Oh No ! ! ! An ap Jungle boat.

albino_pygmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by albino_pygmy » Fri May 16, 2008 10:39 am

Theme Park Where wrote:They're jokes?!!! I thought that really WAS the backside of water! I want my money back! :D:
Nah, you got it all wrong. The backside of water is real, unlike everything else which tries to look as real as possible, including some of the skippers. Ok, I admit I was a former Small World child that escaped when they said I was too big for the attraction, and so I came to the jungle and hid in khakis before they made me work in Epcot representing whatever country I was in. Luckily for me, since I was the only male hula dancer, there is no Hawaiian country at the parks :)

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri May 16, 2008 11:59 am

albino_pygmy wrote:Nah, you got it all wrong. The backside of water is real, unlike everything else which tries to look as real as possible, including some of the skippers. Ok, I admit I was a former Small World child that escaped when they said I was too big for the attraction, and so I came to the jungle and hid in khakis before they made me work in Epcot representing whatever country I was in. Luckily for me, since I was the only male hula dancer, there is no Hawaiian country at the parks :)

Sadly, that makes sense!!

hehehehe