Are there Bathrooms Inside your Ride?

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: Are there Bathrooms Inside your Ride?

Post by ktulu » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:44 pm

I am surprised there is not a turnstile of the electronic people counters on the bathrooms, or is there...

"Bathroom X has just passed Y visitors, send in the cleaning crew!"

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:01 pm

ktulu wrote:I am surprised there is not a turnstile of the electronic people counters on the bathrooms, or is there...

"Bathroom X has just passed Y visitors, send in the cleaning crew!"
No need. The restrooms are cleaned every 30 minutes I believe it is (maybe an hour but I'm pretty certain it's every half-hour). At least they are supposed to be. I'm sure there are times the CM on restroom duty slacks off or gets busy elsewhere and restrooms go longer than they're supposed to between cleanings.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:02 pm

Shorty82 wrote:No need. The restrooms are cleaned every 30 minutes I believe it is (maybe an hour but I'm pretty certain it's every half-hour). At least they are supposed to be. I'm sure there are times the CM on restroom duty slacks off or gets busy elsewhere and restrooms go longer than they're supposed to between cleanings.
I was in a few that were either destroyed in the 30 minutes, or the CM's were busy dealing with another disaster and were late getting to the bathroom.

My biggest surprise was how dirty the queue was for TSMM. I know it was raining and that was a big source of the dirty floor, but trash was all over the place. If it weren't for the awesomeness of the queue and a giant Mr. Potato Head, I would have thought I was at Six Flags!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:18 pm

Y'all have seen the Disney bathroom website, right? I even did an article on it: http://www.examiner.com/x-2200-Orlando- ... -bathrooms

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:41 pm

Is your etiquette series based on our discussions here?

Kurt

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:16 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:For a city, Main Street USA sure doesn't have many bathrooms. Now for the monorail drivers, if I am at the Epcot station (and pretend I can board from either side) what is the closest bathroom?
The elevator?

KBFRideOperator
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by KBFRideOperator » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:26 pm

Shorty82 wrote:No need. The restrooms are cleaned every 30 minutes I believe it is (maybe an hour but I'm pretty certain it's every half-hour). At least they are supposed to be. I'm sure there are times the CM on restroom duty slacks off or gets busy elsewhere and restrooms go longer than they're supposed to between cleanings.
As a former DCA Day Custodial Cast Member who was trained in restrooms, I can answer that. :)

Your restroom is given a "safety round" every hour AND NO LATER. A safety round consists of the following: Removing ALL debris/water from floors and counters, pushing down trash, walking stalls/counters to check paper stock.

A "full round" is given every other hour, or hourly if busy. A full round consists of taking your cart to EVERY STALL and thoroughly:

* Spraying and cleaning ALL toilet surfaces
* Replacing Kotex bags containing ANYTHING
* Replacing/rotating TP stock (in regular stalls, look closely. The largest roll is closest to the toilet. In the ADA stalls, they are opposite, with the smallest rolls closest). Also, toilet paper is to be hung like a waterfall, the paper extending down the front.

After your stalls have been addressed, you then go to the front of the restroom and:

* Throroughly dry the counters and wipe the soap dispensers and paper towel holders. Fill any paper towel holders that need it.
* Check soap levels. If your soap is more than an inch from the screw at the top of the dispenser, it needs to be filled.
* Wipe your baby changing tables and fill table towels.
* Check your Kotex machines and see if they need refilled/are jammed.
* Completely empty all trash cans.
* Make sure floor is mopped free of liquids/clear of debris before leaving.

And for those of you wondering, a restroom list:

Inside DCA:
* Entrance East/VIP (located outside gate to the left, by Guest Relations. Almost ALWAYS empty). VIP is located inside Guest Relations' meeting room, and is considered a "Cast" restroom.
* Entrance West (located just inside gate on the right before Golden Gate Bridge). May include Entrance West Cast (located behind Taste Pilots', backstage). (Also one of two DCA restrooms to use automated towel dispensers). Is frequently the busiest restroom.
*Playhouse Outside/Inside (Located just outside Playhouse Disney behind fountains across from Award Weiners. Inside is inside Playhouse Disney, is listed as "Cast" restroom, but is for Guest use as well).
*Hollywood&Dine and Animation Cast (Located just outside Hyperion theater to the left, behind what was Cruella's trailer, before it was a WALL-E display, before it was a Prop storage area). (Cast is located inside animation building. Ever wonder what that "Cast Members Only" door was in the building on your right heading to tower? Yep, the Animation Studio break room!)
*Condor (located just across from Soarin' Over California, also one of two DCA restrooms to use automated towel dispensers).
*Fliks (right past the cereal box to the left in Bug's Land). (Also includes Flik's Family (or Flik's East), the Family restroom next to the Women's)
*Golden Dreams (used to be located to the right as you looked up San Fransisco Blvd (that little street by the Golden Dreams amphitheater), but has been moved across the street. They just installed new hand dryers (powered by Dyson...love it!)) Also includes San Fransisco Cast, located just on the other side of the fence outside the guest restroom, leading to the backstage area, and includes Dreams Cast, located on the other side of the "Cast Members Only" gate across from the guest restrooms. (Also includes Dreams East, the Family restrooms located just outside the guest restrooms)
*Burger Invasion (located immediately to the right of Burger Invasion, which is now closed, so if you're waiting for a parade and looking for an empty restroom...)
*Winery Upstairs/Downstairs (located inside the Golden Vine Winery. Any guests can access the downstairs restrooms (only 3 stalls though), but the upstairs restroom is limited to guests dining in the Winery). Also includes Winery Cast, located inside the restaurant's backstage area.
*Carousel (restroom located just behind King Triton's Carousel of the Sea). Includes Carousel Cast, located just outside the backstage access door to the guest restroom.
*Tortilla (located just outside the Cocina Cucamonga restaurant in the Pacific Wharf dining area). Includes Sourdough Cast (those stairs leading above the bakery? They go to the offices for the restaurant managers and Cast restrooms).
*Ariel's (located inside Ariel's Grotto)
*Baby (located inside the First Aid Station located just outside the Mission Tortilla Factory. It's a single toilet restroom, so we also take out all the trash in the changing table area as a courtesy to our First Aid and Lost Children Cast Members). Includes Cast First Aid (located backstage inside First Aid).

KBFRideOperator
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by KBFRideOperator » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:29 pm

Didn't realize I'd rambled on so long, but there are a couple things I forgot to mention.

*A restroom Cast Member is rarely only taking care of one restroom. Our splits usually contain two guest restrooms, and one to two Cast restrooms. The exception is the (horrible) Tortilla split, which includes: Tortilla, Baby, Ariel's, Winery Upstairs, Winery Downstairs, Cast First Aid, and Winery First Aid. Yes, seven restrooms. So please, be kind when advising your Cast Members about a particular problem that needs to be addressed in their restroom!
*Guests LOVE to steal TP! I guess we use a better brand than you can buy at home! [/sarcasm]

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:20 am

Skovdaddy wrote:I completely surprises me how many guests actually come up and ask me if there are bathrooms inside my ride, Shrek. Then, when I tell the guest that there is no bathroom inside Shrek, they will be surprised or disappointed. I know that my building is just a big square, and half the guests think that there is a roller coaster inside, but since when have you seen a ride where they built a bathroom smack in the middle of it?
I know exactly what you are talking about. I worked at the Shrek in CA.