Are there Bathrooms Inside your Ride?

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Skovdaddy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Are there Bathrooms Inside your Ride?

Post by Skovdaddy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:45 am

I completely surprises me how many guests actually come up and ask me if there are bathrooms inside my ride, Shrek. Then, when I tell the guest that there is no bathroom inside Shrek, they will be surprised or disappointed. I know that my building is just a big square, and half the guests think that there is a roller coaster inside, but since when have you seen a ride where they built a bathroom smack in the middle of it?

At the theme parks I go to, the bathrooms are all located in common guest areas. I'm just wondering, in other parts of the world do theme parks build bathrooms in their rides?

Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Re: Are there Bathrooms Inside your Ride?

Post by Notatourist » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:21 am

Sko-No. At the one international park I have been at (The tagline here should be the clue) the restroom situation is pretty much the same. They should have put one in your building though, for the employees at least...

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

Sweetums
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Sweetums » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:12 am

There are bathrooms located (for employees only) just inside the entrance of Star Tours. -but I know they have saved quite a few guests from messy accidents while waiting in the cue. (Even though the nearest restrooms are just across the street.) We also have one in the Sweetums greenroom, which we shared with operations. Guests didn't use those unless they were VIP's already backstage.
(Will Wheaton had to go once, and so did Ann Margaret.)
Great Movie Ride has them on both levels. The operations break room, and the Character break room above. -But I haven't heard of guests being ushered back to use those.
Other locations? I'm not sure.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:59 am

Sweetums wrote:There are bathrooms located (for employees only) just inside the entrance of Star Tours. -but I know they have saved quite a few guests from messy accidents while waiting in the cue. (Even though the nearest restrooms are just across the street.)
We also have a restroom in our Star Tours her in Disneyland!!

You don't know how many guests asks if there are restrooms inside of "Honey, I Shrunk The Audience." They seem to think that there are restrooms at every ride or something!! It is funny how there is a restroom in Tomorrowland placed just at the exit of Space Mountain.............hmmmmmmmmmmmm...............hehehe!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Karnever
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: JungleCuise,Tiki,Big Thunder Mountain,Indy,Splash, Mansion,Twain,Columbia,Pooh

Post by Karnever » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:57 am

I love loading guests on the Twain.. and the CM in the wheel house says There are no bathrooms aboard and if you think you have to go within the next 15 to 20 minutes you might want to step off now and join us for a later trip.. sure enough as soon as you leave guests start asking where trhe bathrooms are on the boat... same with the columbia

One of the Many Dave CMs

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:48 pm

Unfortunately, with some guests, there is *always* a bathroom inside a ride. I've seen some guests create a bathroom inside a restaurant ... dining room!

For some folks the whole wide world is their bathroom.

Zazu

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:13 pm

I'm just still trying to absorb Sweetum's post above... Wil Wheaton was ever big enough to need to be backstage? :confused: :)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Sweetums
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Sweetums » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:56 pm

Well...that was back when ST:TNG was still on the air. So...kinda/sorta a VIP.

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:05 pm

Karnever wrote:I love loading guests on the Twain.. and the CM in the wheel house says There are no bathrooms aboard and if you think you have to go within the next 15 to 20 minutes you might want to step off now and join us for a later trip.. sure enough as soon as you leave guests start asking where trhe bathrooms are on the boat... same with the columbia
Just wait until you get people going over the side of the boat. We were about to approach the dock and a kid was just about ready to do that until I told him in no uncertain terms that he was going to hold it until he got to a restroom.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:18 am

I heard one time at Innoventions, " we have no bathrooms, no restrooms, no sinks, no toilets, no portapotties, etc...." LOL I laughed my butt off at that one!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!