What area code is Disneyland??

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
breathless
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: What area code is Disneyland??

Post by breathless » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:20 pm

BRWombat wrote:And requires a wall plug? (And maybe a hand crank!) :rolleyes:
to quote Granny from Beaverly Hillbillies....
"Think she's talking to somone....there ain't even a cord there! he he"

Hell that's the whole reason I make my husband take my phone with him on business trips. So it's a local call for me if I need to call him and he can call me since we don't have roming charges anymore.

All it takes is faith trust and pixie dust... and Rock n' Roll!!!:jessica:

breathless
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by breathless » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:26 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I wonder if he had a limited use cell. They advertise cell phones with LARGE buttons and numbers, and can be made to only dial certain numbers?

OR

He is not that clear on the concept!!
Jitter bug do doooo Jitter Bug

I know my aunt's convinced my granparents to get a cell phone (both sides of the family). One got a prepaid from tracfone, the other is a yearly contract. The Tracfone lapsed because my grandma never told anyone that it needed to be updated and she didn't know how to do it... and the other doesn't have service at his home where the whole idea is for him to have a way to call someone if something happened to him. My theroy... IF You don't know how to use the internet or even send a simple e-mail, you don't need a cell phone. Ahhhh I feel better :rolleyes:

All it takes is faith trust and pixie dust... and Rock n' Roll!!!:jessica:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:01 pm

Reminds me of when I went to Japan. Every indicator said my cell phone would not work, even though I had the optional International plan. I landed, got through customs, got money and train ticket. Turned on my cell phone and lo, they were right, no dice.

Nothing like being in a foreign country where the only link to home is email and a crappy Internet connection in the hotel where the audio quality was teh suck, and no video would work :(

I did use the VOIP in our office since it dials out of Dallas :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:38 am

Are there really still cell phones without included long distance out there? I suppose so, but I haven't run into anyone who has one in a long, long time. I can barely remember the days when I paid for long distance from my home phone either. We have some "god plan" where I can call anywhere in the country, and I think in Canada too, and yack all day 'cause it's unlimited and included in our monthly fee. Works great for my businesses.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Walt Disney
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Walt Disney » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:11 am

LittleDollClaudia wrote:So I had a guest come up to me with a paper that had a number with the 310 area code on it. He asked if he could make this call from his room. I said he could, but since our area code is 714, it would be considered a long distance call.

He then asked me if this call would be long distance while inside Disneyland.

Ummm...the first thing I wanted to say was, "No sir. Area codes and times zones do not exist in Disneyland!"

But of course I said that Disneyland is in Orange County and most of it is 714, so yes it would still be considered a long distance call.

He said ok and walked over to his wife. I hear him saying to her as he's holding his cell phone, "Well honey, I don't think I can make this call since we're in California and our cells are for Utah. We will have to find a pay phone."

He walked out before I could say anything.. :rolleyes:

I wonder they have phones through Cricket. I am from Utah as well as these people, and my cell is through Cricket. I just added the nationwide roaming to my plan, and when I went to the D23 expo last week, my phone worked worked in OC just like it does here. These people probably didn't read their phone manual.

Visit the Disney Cast Member Nametag Museum!
:D:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:25 am

Walt Disney wrote:I wonder they have phones through Cricket. I am from Utah as well as these people, and my cell is through Cricket. I just added the nationwide roaming to my plan, and when I went to the D23 expo last week, my phone worked worked in OC just like it does here. These people probably didn't read their phone manual.
Oh Sure. You givethem a manual AND you want them to 'read' it too??? HOW DARE YOU. :mad:
I should get a job writing owner/operator manuals. I could have some fun.
"After lining up your approach,lower the flaps to 15 degrees,while backing off on the throttles 10%. Generiosly coat the bird with the garlic-butter you set aside earlier. Immediately after touch-down ease the bird into the oven at 350 degrees for 15min/lb." :D:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Why Engineers Don't Write Recipe Books

Post by Cheshire Figment » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:43 am

darph nader wrote:Oh Sure. You givethem a manual AND you want them to 'read' it too??? HOW DARE YOU. :mad:
I should get a job writing owner/operator manuals. I could have some fun.
"After lining up your approach,lower the flaps to 15 degrees,while backing off on the throttles 10%. Generiosly coat the bird with the garlic-butter you set aside earlier. Immediately after touch-down ease the bird into the oven at 350 degrees for 15min/lb." :D:
Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Ingredients:

1.) 532.35 cm3 gluten
2.) 4.9 cm3 NaHCO3
3.) 4.9 cm3 refined halite
4.) 236.6 cm3 partially hydrogenated tallow triglyceride
5.) 177.45 cm3 crystalline C12H22O11
6.) 177.45 cm3 unrefined C12H22O11
7.) 4.9 cm3 methyl ether of protocatechuic aldehyde
8.) Two calcium carbonate-encapsulated avian albumen-coated protein
9.) 473.2 cm3 theobroma cacao
10.) 236.6 cm3 de-encapsulated legume meats (sieve size #10)

To a 2-L jacketed round reactor vessel (reactor #1) with an overall heat transfer coefficient of about 100 Btu/F-ft2-hr, add ingredients one, two and three with constant agitation. In a second 2-L reactor vessel with a radial flow impeller operating at 100 rpm, add ingredients four, five, six, and seven until the mixture is homogenous. To reactor #2, add ingredient eight, followed by three equal volumes of the homogenous mixture in reactor #1. Additionally, add ingredient nine and ten slowly, with constant agitation. Care must be taken at this point in the reaction to control any temperature rise that may be the result of an exothermic reaction.

Using a screw extrude attached to a #4 nodulizer, place the mixture piece-meal on a 316SS sheet (300 x 600 mm). Heat in a 460K oven for a period of time that is in agreement with Frank & Johnston's first order rate expression (see JACOS, 21, 55), or until golden brown. Once the reaction is complete, place the sheet on a 25C heat-transfer table, allowing the product to come to equilibrium.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Don't you just love it when physicists are in the kitchen? :D:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:56 am

darph nader wrote:I should get a job writing owner/operator manuals. I could have some fun.
Yes darph, you could teach & have fun. Why don't you share the TXT L sent you the other day? :D: I got it. HA HA!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Why Engineers Don't Write Recipe Books

Post by DragonFox98 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:33 am

Cheshire Figment wrote:Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Ingredients:

1.) 532.35 cm3 gluten
2.) 4.9 cm3 NaHCO3
3.) 4.9 cm3 refined halite
4.) 236.6 cm3 partially hydrogenated tallow triglyceride
5.) 177.45 cm3 crystalline C12H22O11
6.) 177.45 cm3 unrefined C12H22O11
7.) 4.9 cm3 methyl ether of protocatechuic aldehyde
8.) Two calcium carbonate-encapsulated avian albumen-coated protein
9.) 473.2 cm3 theobroma cacao
10.) 236.6 cm3 de-encapsulated legume meats (sieve size #10)

To a 2-L jacketed round reactor vessel (reactor #1) with an overall heat transfer coefficient of about 100 Btu/F-ft2-hr, add ingredients one, two and three with constant agitation. In a second 2-L reactor vessel with a radial flow impeller operating at 100 rpm, add ingredients four, five, six, and seven until the mixture is homogenous. To reactor #2, add ingredient eight, followed by three equal volumes of the homogenous mixture in reactor #1. Additionally, add ingredient nine and ten slowly, with constant agitation. Care must be taken at this point in the reaction to control any temperature rise that may be the result of an exothermic reaction.

Using a screw extrude attached to a #4 nodulizer, place the mixture piece-meal on a 316SS sheet (300 x 600 mm). Heat in a 460K oven for a period of time that is in agreement with Frank & Johnston's first order rate expression (see JACOS, 21, 55), or until golden brown. Once the reaction is complete, place the sheet on a 25C heat-transfer table, allowing the product to come to equilibrium.
LOVE IT!!!!! The mathematician in me will print this and post it in her office! :)