Stupid Moviegoer Trick

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Stupid Moviegoer Trick

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:17 am

Cranbiz wrote:The BP stations here in FL have pump side commercials too! Luckily, it's an add on module to the pump and it does have a mute button.

Now if only I can get a mute button on my DW. :rolleyes:
I haven't seen those in this part of the state, thankfully.

Once or twice I saw a talking version of the coupon dispensers at Albertson's. First time I saw it I was tempted to complain but it was late in the evening and I didn't feel like looking for a manager.

I haven't seen them in a while. I assume people did complain and the talking dispensers were removed.

Commercials on gas pumps? Filling up is annoying enough as it is with the price of gas but now some stations annoy their customers even more with commercials?

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:58 pm

Shorty82 wrote:I haven't seen those in this part of the state, thankfully.

Commercials on gas pumps? Filling up is annoying enough as it is with the price of gas but now some stations annoy their customers even more with commercials?
Not mention a distraction....Here in Cali you better be paying attention to who is around you instead of "watching TV" while you are pumping gas!
And does anyone else think that seeing a Movie playing clearly in the car ahead of you is a potential problem (stupid drivers everywhere her in LA. Like they need stuff to look at beside the other drivers, their phone and Starbucks Drink) :rolleyes:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:02 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Not mention a distraction....Here in Cali you better be paying attention to who is around you instead of "watching TV" while you are pumping gas!
And does anyone else think that seeing a Movie playing clearly in the car ahead of you is a potential problem (stupid drivers everywhere her in LA. Like they need stuff to look at beside the other drivers, their phone and Starbucks Drink) :rolleyes:
Yeah, I agree. Here in San diego, they pulled a guy over that was playing an X rated movie on the SUV's entertainment system, with the screens visible from outside and behind the vehicle!! (no one else was in the SUV watching )

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:39 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Yeah, I agree. Here in San diego, they pulled a guy over that was playing an X rated movie on the SUV's entertainment system, with the screens visible from outside and behind the vehicle!! (no one else was in the SUV watching )
That's disgusting! Has anyone seen the rubber anatomical parts that some really crude people hang from their trailer hitch? To make their truck look like a MALE truck? I wish a cop would pull them over, it is obscene.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:48 pm

SOmeone in my town has a set of those. Had my BF not pointed them out to tell me what they were I would have never noticed. Obscene, not really cause they are hard to tell what they are and see unless you are smack up behind the vehicle that has that "manly" feature, but weird and strange...definatley. Would I let Donnie put them on our truck...NO (I aint gonna be the one to explain to a 5 year old girl what they represent) but to each their own. :rolleyes:

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Well, I must have a dirty mind because I knew what they were right away from 50 feet. I still think they are obscene, and what do you say to a five year old that says, "What is that, mommy?"

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:07 pm

Well, you just say..."some stupid thing that person wanted to hang on the back of his truck" then quickly point out the pretty birdie flying by or the nice dress in the window of that shop. Kids get distracted very easily. Plus you could always look at the pretty birdie too.

My response when I was told what they were, "UGG,(pause) anyway, honey I think it would be better if we bought the tan couch as it wouldnt show as much dirt and not rip as easily as the black one." Seriously I thot about them for all of a millisecond then went back to the conversation we were having about couches. See when Donnie is driving he is my captive audience with no distractions of TV or being able to go to sleep and I take every advantage possible of that situation. :D:

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:59 pm

Two guys in our horse club have stainless steel ones on their hitches. It's father and son, both big macho guys. Makes you wonder whether there's an inferiority complex under all that bluster and exhibitionism. :confused:

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:00 pm

Yeah, I've seen those around- pretty bad if you have to explain it to a kid :mad:
I guess their wives handed them back that day and they want to show off! :eek:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:01 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:"What is that, mommy?"
"That's someone demonstrating their room temperature IQ dear."

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.