Rain Panic

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Rain Panic

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:58 pm

Didn't he end up being the Duke of Earl!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:17 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Didn't he end up being the Duke of Earl!!
Yep, that's the one. John Goodman in a role made for him (or maybe Belushi, but too late).

Randy

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:24 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Didn't he end up being the Duke of Earl!!
Don't you mean the Earl of Sandwich? :D:

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:46 am

Mmmmmmmmm...sandwich!
susi*simpson*slicker :p:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:06 pm

Cranbiz wrote:Don't you mean the Earl of Sandwich? :D:
Once again you are confusing the actor with the role. :D: Goodman may have become the Earl of Sandwiches (notice the final S is important), but King Ralph ended the movie being named a Duke, and asked to be named the Duke of Earl. :D:

Randy

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:54 am

Hey, I like that idea. I'll go make a sandwich.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Tara_Lee3
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tara_Lee3 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:23 pm

Eeep! Lightning! not so cool. I'm not sure of the authenticity of it, but during '03 I was told by one of my roomies that they had to temporarily close down the Safari ride in DAK due to...... One of the Giraffes getting hit by lightning! :eek:

Now, I am an extremely gullible person ( :rolleyes: details upon request) so they may have been just messing with my head, but it makes me wonder.... Giraffes are probably the tallest things out on the "savannah." What is the likelyhood of that actually happening?

"How much are the mugs? Well the 13 large signs at eye level all say the mugs are $12.99.. so I'm gonna go with that."

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:40 pm

While I can't vouch for that story, I have a horse here in FL and know personally of several horses that have been struck by lightning while out in pastures in the rain (thankfully, not mine). So it's definitely not outside of the realm of possibility here in the Lightning Capitol of the U.S. (and with that long neck, a giraffe is a much easier target than a horse).

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:22 am

Out on the Savannah, a giraffe getting hit by lightning is not an uncommon occurrence. It's only happened once at Disney World (you can read about it in the old news reports, probably still on Google), it happened in front of guests, and they've taken measures to make sure it doesn't happen again.

As I tell people who ask about that, we're doing the giraffes a favor. We've moved them from the lighting capitol of the world to the lightning capitol of the Unites States. Much safer.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:18 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Out on the Savannah, a giraffe getting hit by lightning is not an uncommon occurrence. It's only happened once at Disney World (you can read about it in the old news reports, probably still on Google), it happened in front of guests, and they've taken measures to make sure it doesn't happen again.

As I tell people who ask about that, we're doing the giraffes a favor. We've moved them from the lighting capitol of the world to the lightning capitol of the Unites States. Much safer.
Ummmm, How do you prevent the Giraffes being hit by lightning? Do they have special training?
I won't be going to WDW anytime soon, so I have to ask stupid questions from here in California.... :p:

wow,200 posts!

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: