Cruise Line Stupids

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Cruise Line Stupids

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:18 pm

PapaMouse wrote:My father retired from WDW GF. Anyway one day we were visiting and trying to make our way up to the monorail station at the GF. this LARGE family was blocking the walk way, we stopped for a second thinking they would move. Nope. so my father just plowed right through saying (kinda loud) "I'm not on the clock I don't have to put up with these stupid mother F****ers"

LOL
GOOD FOR HIM!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:27 pm

PapaMouse wrote:"I'm not on the clock..."
I like that!! Maui, in fact most of Hawaii, is not very technically orientated so if you have any understanding of computers, networks, the Web, etc. you get asked lots of questions. I don't mind helping people out and find it mentally stimulating.

However, I have one neighbor who corners me at parties, asks questions and then wants to argue about my response. It's kinda like the SG in another thread claiming the ride is powered by a gas engine when gravity is used.

I'd sorely like to give him the full "not on the clock" response but my wife would kill me so we've compromised. If she sees him talking to me she will immediately interrupt and drag me off to something that needs my attention.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:29 pm

hobie16 wrote:I like that!! Maui, in fact most of Hawaii, is not very technically orientated so if you have any understanding of computers, networks, the Web, etc. you get asked lots of questions. I don't mind helping people out and find it mentally stimulating.

However, I have one neighbor who corners me at parties, asks questions and then wants to argue about my response. It's kinda like the SG in another thread claiming the ride is powered by a gas engine when gravity is used.

I'd sorely like to give him the full "on the clock" response but my wife would kill me so we've compromised. If she sees him talking to me she will immediately interrupt and drag me off to something that needs my attention.
Just tell him about the PEBKAC problem he has on his computer system(s), and ask him what he does to fix them!!!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:50 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Just tell him about the PEBKAC problem he has on his computer system(s), and ask him what he does to fix them!!!
Yep, those can be a real PICNIC. :D:

Back to the OT, I've got a doozy of a Cruise Line SGT coming... but I'm just teasing it now. I'll post it when I get to that point in my trip report.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:02 pm

BRWombat wrote:Yep, those can be a real PICNIC. :D:

Back to the OT, I've got a doozy of a Cruise Line SGT coming... but I'm just teasing it now. I'll post it when I get to that point in my trip report.
Cool!!! DW and I were talking about a Disney cruise. After reading some threads here about how fun it was, we are considering it!! The other board, it seems like all everyone does is complain!

TalkingHands
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TalkingHands » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:34 pm

Grumpy Pirate where can I get a copy of your Icon. I would love to enlarge to to use in the classroom. It would fit so well. Our school mascot is a pirate and as I sub in different rooms I get trespassers who want to skip their class and sit in mine. I would tack it on my board as fair warning that if they are caught I will write them up.

:pooh: [font=Lucida Console]Lisbet[/font]

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:19 pm

TalkingHands wrote:Grumpy Pirate where can I get a copy of your Icon. I would love to enlarge to to use in the classroom. It would fit so well. Our school mascot is a pirate and as I sub in different rooms I get trespassers who want to skip their class and sit in mine. I would tack it on my board as fair warning that if they are caught I will write them up.
I sent you a PM of them and a site where I think you can get the metal version for about ten bucks!!

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:10 pm

This Cruise Line SG was actually a CM. Before I get too far into my story, I should explain that I am 4'10" and generally get taken for a 12 year old. My whole trip I had guests asking me if I was old enough to be in the Quiet Cove.

So fast forward to the Pirates IN the Caribbean Night. I was standing on deck with my aunt when a CM walked up to her with a tray of red drinks and asked her if she wanted one. She declined, so I asked the CM what they were. The CM told me they were strawberry daquiris and I asked if I could have one. Without even asking for ID she told me "No," in kind of a rude voice I might add. I told her that I was indeed 21 and started fishing for my ID which was in the bottom of my purse, of course. I finally pull out my driver's license and she takes on look at it and tells me that they can only accept ID from Florida! Okay, I'm glad that she is dedicated to keeping drinks out of the hands of underage people, but at this point it's just insulting. I expalined to her that this ID had been working all trip and she finally took it and said she would talk to her manager. She also took my KTTW card to charge it (which of course has your birthdate on it). After about 5 or 10 minutes she came back with the drink, without even apologizing. It was so strong I ended up not being able to drink it anyway!

Petite and Proud!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:25 pm

EeyoresButterfly wrote:This Cruise Line SG was actually a CM. Before I get too far into my story, I should explain that I am 4'10" and generally get taken for a 12 year old.
I have a friend who's in her sixties but has the voice of a twelve year old. Every time she gets on the phone to get some repairs done on her home she always gets, "Put your mother on the phone." When she explains she has a young voice they still don't want to do anything until she tells them where she lives (very expensive). Then they want to come right out and add 20% to the normal price.

I just spent three hours working on her computers. She tried to pay me but I told her I settle for dinner with her and my wife. We always have a good time.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:42 pm

Disney Cruise Lines only takes Florida ID? They must not sell much alcohol, then!

Had it been my wife so rudely treated, I think I would have asked to see the manager, show them my wife's ID, her Cast ID, her wedding ring and anything else we had that proved her adulthood (yes, I know Cast ID doesn't show age, it would have been more to say "I know how we're supposed to treat people"), then would have complained about being treated so rudely. Then I would have asked if I still had to pay for the drink, since it would be a good bribe at this point to not take it over his head :rolleyes: I wouldn't push it farther than that, but it sounds like you dealt with a waitress at the Greasy Spoon... and when you're paying cruise prices, that is unacceptable.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?