Cruise Line Stupids

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: Cruise Line Stupids

Post by ktulu » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:14 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Disney Cruise Lines only takes Florida ID? They must not sell much alcohol, then!

Had it been my wife so rudely treated, I think I would have asked to see the manager, show them my wife's ID, her Cast ID, her wedding ring and anything else we had that proved her adulthood (yes, I know Cast ID doesn't show age, it would have been more to say "I know how we're supposed to treat people"), then would have complained about being treated so rudely. Then I would have asked if I still had to pay for the drink, since it would be a good bribe at this point to not take it over his head :rolleyes: I wouldn't push it farther than that, but it sounds like you dealt with a waitress at the Greasy Spoon... and when you're paying cruise prices, that is unacceptable.
No doubt! Unless the owner/cook's name is Mel and the diner is a dive, I expect the wait staff to be pleasant and respectful. Now if the cook/owner's name IS Mel and the diner IS a dive, then I fully expect the waitress to tell me to "kiss my grits" :D:

There are some eateries at WDW that get a pass, Prime Time Cafe, Whispering Canyon Cafe come to mind.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:07 am

I thought about talking to a manager, but in the end she gave me the drink and I understood why she did what she did. Plus, there were so many people on deck and you could barely hear, I didn't even catch her name because the tray blocked her nametage, I decided it wasn't worth it.

Petite and Proud!

Planner
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Planner » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:40 am

Ugh I know the age thing all too well. My sister is 7 years younger than me so lets see she is...about to turn 28. She is divorced professional woman who happens to not be as big as a her dear sister :mad: This past Oct when we were down at WDW we had a number of problems with CMs thinking she was a jr. I had enough when the Photopass guys kept calling her my DAUGHTER! I was polite but firm in the fact she was an adult and my SISTER. Most of them just blew if off with a "sure lady" look but one was horrified when he realized how bad all of us were insulted and was truly cool about it. I guess it does not help that my other half IS old enough to be her father

Long story short this seems to happen a lot and sister swears it happens to her daily

grumble damn little size :bbbat:

Ill see if I can find a photo

[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't just let nature run wild"[/font]
Walt Disney

Wonder if he was thinking about a SG:D:

Planner
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Planner » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:49 am

Ah one of the photos

Ugh do I truly look old enough to be her MOTHER?

whimper :marge:
Attachments
sisters.jpg
sisters.jpg (34.24 KiB) Viewed 7794 times

Walt Disney

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:09 am

It's not a matter of your apparent age, it's how old she looks. She looks like a teenager, maybe 15 years old. However, you do look like if you were her mom, you had her at a very early age (like, about 15 yourself). However, after my first experience with guessing the wrong relationship, I've taken to not trying to guess. And I get accused of robbing the cradle quite a bit, where people think she's ten years younger than me. So I can understand how you feel when you get that treatment. I am waiting for them to call her my daughter (which is the mistake I made my one time I opened myself up to the question). Now, if there's a reason I need to know, I ask.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Planner
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Planner » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:16 am

Ha yes Steve is sure folks are giving him dirty looks for being out with someone so much younger (though its not at all unusual in the DC area) but 9 years is not much.

ha I put a lot of gray on him

But back OT my sister is horrified to think she could pass for 15 when she is almost 28. I guess in a few years she will be glad she looks so much younger

Walt Disney

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:14 am

She only has one eye?!?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:31 am

ktulu wrote:She only has one eye?!?
I kind of figured someone would go there with that joke. :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:01 pm

BRWombat wrote:I kind of figured someone would go there with that joke. :D:
I'll let you have it next time ;)

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:11 pm

Planner wrote:Ah one of the photos

Ugh do I truly look old enough to be her MOTHER?

whimper :marge:
You do realize that no guy can really answer that question, don't you?

(thats like the jeans question!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?