Rail-ly Bad

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Rail-ly Bad

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:53 pm

But the woman who filmed the post claims the door was already having problems when it left the transportation centre. She said: “Maintenance was called and worked on it for about 10 minutes and forced it to lock. When we reached the first curve upon leaving TTC it opened and remained so.”

Disney World Monorail caught running at 40mph with the door wide open

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: Rail-ly Bad

Post by ktulu » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:51 am

I've been told much of this is due to the move to automation, and that sensors have been removed/turned off. The cast member in the front cab probably had no idea until they reached the station. I do like the headline, they make it sound like 40MPH is abnormal.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:10 pm

All this media attention, and not one person has made a "Love Is an Open Door" joke? Kind of disappointed. :biggrin:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:11 pm

ktulu wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:51 am
I've been told much of this is due to the move to automation, and that sensors have been removed/turned off.
So... they automated to "go", but didn't bother to automate the "stop"? Isn't it sorta necessary to do both?

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:37 pm

Well, they did automate the "Please stand clear of the doors..." warning. That covers it, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Jinxed
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Jinxed » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:41 pm

Recently flew into Orlando, while getting on their brand new tram system it had a malfunction. There were only 3 of us getting on a young woman, my hubby, myself so it was only a few seconds from door open to the start of it closing. As I go to get on I feel myself get pushed to one side at first I thought it was my hubby being a jerk but when I looked up and saw him staring at me with a face that said "what are you doing" I knew I had a problem. The doors kept shutting on me and I was trapped, they shut on me 3-4 times before stopping and allowing me to enter the vehicle. I had a moment of OMG what if this thing starts moving I am half in/half out. The worst I suffered was a bruised pinky finger.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:04 pm

Goes to show that the more complex a mechanism is, the more humans are needed to work it. Humans always need to be in the system.