Your Best SGTs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: Your Best SGTs

Post by ktulu » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:19 am

Dateline Disneyland!

The ktulu family has boarded Monorail Red taking the trip back to the park from Downtown. We enter the park and start making the turns, you know the ones, right above Autopia. Suddenly, the pilot comes on the intercom "Please remain seated at all times."

He repeats this a couple of times as Monorail Red starts to slow…slower…stops. I'm like Mr. Furious from Mystery Men, anger rising...

Anyway, Mr. Pilot says "I can see you, in Car $number wearing $color_pants, $color_shirt, that looks like it has $character on it. We cannot move until you are seated. No, really, I can't move until..." He repeats the description and the request to sit. We're there for maybe 5 minutes, SGs in our car start to speculate as to the genius level of the person causing the ruckus, the teenagers next to us start laughing at the idiocy of the whole situation. Finally we hear, "Thank you!" And we continue on and we pull into the station. Where we stop just short of the normal stopping point, then we go forward, then back, then forward again, and then we're doing the cha-cha!

Mr. Pilot gets the monorail parked just perfect, the CMs working the station verify it is perfect, high-fives and fist bumps all around, someone makes a speech. Oh, wait, that is what I expected after the cha-cha. So, the doors, well, the doors remain closed. We see Mr. Pilot walk by our car. We knew it was him by his pace and the clenched fists. SGs in our car are pressed against the glass like kids looking into the window at Higbee's Department Store at Christmas. Teenagers making the "oooooh" sound like the cat in Puss In Boots. Then, the doors open. People spill out in a hurry to watch the action. We casually exit, we never saw Security, so nothing really good was going to happen. Then, we spot the SG in the wild. Completely clueless family. "Oh, was it OUR child who was standing and looking out the window that matched the description perfectly?" I think they were expecting to see someone wearing the exact same outfit. No. Oh heck no! Look, I'm straight and *I* knew that crap didn't match! That gaggle (is that correct?) of SGs were a real beaut! You hear the stories, you see the pictures, but it is rare when you see a litter of SGs (is that one correct?) like that with your own eyes!

Anyway, as we head to the exit of the station, we hear the CMs, ALL of them, tell the youngling SG in training "next time, just sit down." Next time? Next time, she'll probably find a better view by sticking her head out the window. Some will hope she finds a tree branch in the process. Me, well, I'd just like to know what Mr. Pilot said to them that day. Sadly, we may never know, unless he reads this site and remembers the SG in question. Would he remember? Is it possible to remember them all?

There is an overabundance of SGs today. Unfortunately, they are a protected species and thinning of the herd (murder?) is prohibited. However, for just pennies a day, you can sponsor a SG. They will be rounded up and sent to education camps, or just rounded up. Wait, what's that Mr. Wombat, esq.? We can't do that?

Okay, well, we have to learn to co-exist. Just keep lids on your trash cans, and always remember these words of wisdom...Por favor, manténgase alejado de los huéspedes estúpido.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:39 am

DisneyMom wrote:Hobie, do the thieves live in the neighborhood or are they tourists? Either way they can get to the store I suppose. :rolleyes: You could unleash Scooter on them..... :twisted:
None have been neighbors. They appear to belong to two groups. First is the occasional tourist that takes a short cut on our street to get to the vacation rental condos a short distance away from us.

The second are locals that are probably in the area working as housekeepers or construction. These clowns are known to have completely strip a tree a ripe fruit. I suspect they take it to one of the farmer's markets and sell it.

My neighbor got home one day to find that his avocado tree had been completely stripped. It took a pole picker to do the job.

Scooter wouldn't be too effective as she's a lover. Hobie has a growl that would get them moving fast.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:09 am

ktulu wrote:...it is rare when you see a litter of SGs (is that one correct?)...
"Litter" is okay, but there may be better alternatives. From this list of animal group names, I think I prefer "drove," which refers to a group of asses.
ktulu wrote:...They will be rounded up and sent to education camps, or just rounded up. Wait, what's that Mr. Wombat, esq.? We can't do that?...
I'm sorry, my head was turned. I saw nothing. :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:13 pm

hobie16 wrote:None have been neighbors. They appear to belong to two groups. First is the occasional tourist that takes a short cut on our street to get to the vacation rental condos a short distance away from us.

The second are locals that are probably in the area working as housekeepers or construction. These clowns are known to have completely strip a tree a ripe fruit. I suspect they take it to one of the farmer's markets and sell it.

My neighbor got home one day to find that his avocado tree had been completely stripped. It took a pole picker to do the job.

Scooter wouldn't be too effective as she's a lover. Hobie has a growl that would get them moving fast.

Maybe a moat.......with a drawbridge.........and alligators.........and.......CLINT EASTWOOD! :cool:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:00 pm

BRWombat wrote:"Litter" is okay, but there may be better alternatives. From this list of animal group names, I think I prefer "drove," which refers to a group of asses.
Maybe it's a "congress" of SGs or a "murder" since they kill the fun for all.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:24 pm

BRWombat wrote:"Litter" is okay, but there may be better alternatives. From this list of animal group names, I think I prefer "drove," which refers to a group of asses.
GaTechGal wrote:Maybe it's a "congress" of SGs or a "murder" since they kill the fun for all.
So many to choose from. It might vary based on the sub-species of SG.

A swarm of line cutting SGs. (Like ants)
An obstinancy of parade walkway squatting SGs (like buffalo)
A bellowing of complaining SGs (like bullfinches)
A nuisnace of disrespectful SGs (like cats)

So many more are possible, which begs the question: should we have an official taxonomy of SGs? Identify the various subgroups of SGs based on the behavior or "Trick" category. Then we could publish the comprehensive spotter's guide to SGs. Maybe have the chart printed on a T shirt. :twisted:

What do you think? Ideas? Suggestions?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:27 pm

For groups of more than 100, pehaps a "Brazil of SGs"?

Zazu

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:24 am

Zazu wrote:For groups of more than 100, pehaps a "Brazil of SGs"?
:wombat: :bow: :bow: :bow: :zazu:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:35 pm

Nothing comes to mind, other than SGs who use their wheelchairs/strollers as lethal weapons, but I think the best is yet to come when Both Coasts change the rules and regulations around the new DAS passes (formerly known as GACs) next month. This will be a HUGE culture shock for the legit and non-legit "Special accomodation" pass holders.....basically the DAS pass will function much as a FastPass with a designated return time AND the applicant of such pass will be photographed AND required to be with the group who boards the attraction-no more using your 108-year-old Granny's pass to go on Space Mountain without her.
I can definitely sympathize with the legit holders who are shocked at the changes and will be restricted in new ways, but may be things will shift back to the way Special Accomodations should be.

I didn't start a new thread because we should have one for this from a First Person Perpective :eek:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:00 pm

ktulu wrote:Dateline Disneyland!

The ktulu family has boarded Monorail Red taking the trip back to the park from Downtown. We enter the park and start making the turns, you know the ones, right above Autopia. Suddenly, the pilot comes on the intercom "Please remain seated at all times."

He repeats this a couple of times as Monorail Red starts to slow…slower…stops. I'm like Mr. Furious from Mystery Men, anger rising...

Anyway, Mr. Pilot says "I can see you, in Car $number wearing $color_pants, $color_shirt, that looks like it has $character on it. We cannot move until you are seated. No, really, I can't move until..." He repeats the description and the request to sit. We're there for maybe 5 minutes, SGs in our car start to speculate as to the genius level of the person causing the ruckus, the teenagers next to us start laughing at the idiocy of the whole situation. Finally we hear, "Thank you!" And we continue on and we pull into the station. Where we stop just short of the normal stopping point, then we go forward, then back, then forward again, and then we're doing the cha-cha!

Mr. Pilot gets the monorail parked just perfect, the CMs working the station verify it is perfect, high-fives and fist bumps all around, someone makes a speech. Oh, wait, that is what I expected after the cha-cha. So, the doors, well, the doors remain closed. We see Mr. Pilot walk by our car. We knew it was him by his pace and the clenched fists. SGs in our car are pressed against the glass like kids looking into the window at Higbee's Department Store at Christmas. Teenagers making the "oooooh" sound like the cat in Puss In Boots. Then, the doors open. People spill out in a hurry to watch the action. We casually exit, we never saw Security, so nothing really good was going to happen. Then, we spot the SG in the wild. Completely clueless family. "Oh, was it OUR child who was standing and looking out the window that matched the description perfectly?" I think they were expecting to see someone wearing the exact same outfit. No. Oh heck no! Look, I'm straight and *I* knew that crap didn't match! That gaggle (is that correct?) of SGs were a real beaut! You hear the stories, you see the pictures, but it is rare when you see a litter of SGs (is that one correct?) like that with your own eyes!

Anyway, as we head to the exit of the station, we hear the CMs, ALL of them, tell the youngling SG in training "next time, just sit down." Next time? Next time, she'll probably find a better view by sticking her head out the window. Some will hope she finds a tree branch in the process. Me, well, I'd just like to know what Mr. Pilot said to them that day. Sadly, we may never know, unless he reads this site and remembers the SG in question. Would he remember? Is it possible to remember them all?

There is an overabundance of SGs today. Unfortunately, they are a protected species and thinning of the herd (murder?) is prohibited. However, for just pennies a day, you can sponsor a SG. They will be rounded up and sent to education camps, or just rounded up. Wait, what's that Mr. Wombat, esq.? We can't do that?

Okay, well, we have to learn to co-exist. Just keep lids on your trash cans, and always remember these words of wisdom...Por favor, manténgase alejado de los huéspedes estúpido.
That reminds me of one time I was riding the tram into Animal Kingdom from the parking lot. The conductor got on the overhead a few times saying "Please remain seated" and the like as a kid kept standing up. She finally said "Driver, hold your tram", got down, walked up to the row with the kid and family and talked to them. I would have LOVED to have heard what she told them but they were halfway up the tram from me.

I didn't know that the DLR monorails had cameras in the cars. Good idea, I'm glad they do and I hope the footage is recorded.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward