Your Best SGTs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
User avatar
TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:42 pm
Location: The wilds of Indiana

Your Best SGTs

Post by TdcOgre » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:44 pm

SGT has been dead lately, so lets start a best of thread. I'll go first.

Some years ago we were at Typhoon Lagoon for the day. We'd packed a picnic lunch and had a rolling cooler for perishables. We set up in one of the shelters and later laid out everything for lunch. Along comes a woman with her still in diapers baby. She walks over and sits down at the table. Now she puts junior on the table, gets out a fresh diaper and wipes and I just managed to stop her before she changed him in the middle of our food. :eek: She looked at me with a doe-in-the headlights expression. She couldn't understand why I didn't want junior's discarded diaper anywhere near my food. Can you say- Clueless??? And yes, she spoke English.



User avatar
PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Posts: 911
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Your Best SGTs

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:55 am

Let me get this straight...

You put up a shelter. You laid out your picnic lunch. Yet...this person could not figure out that the table was taken, as well that in folks would be eating there and that change a diaper there would be decidedly unsanitary (not to mention disgusting), as well that it was just plain rude!



WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:45 am
Location: Maine

Re: Your Best SGTs

Post by WEDFan » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:36 pm

I think the "best" SGT I recall from the World was probably at Snow White's Scary Adventures. An extended family consisting of four adults including several children included one young child that absolutely did not want to go on the ride. The poor kid was crying and wailing, obviously scared to death. The CM was trying to defuse the situation by reassuring the kid, but also trying to get the parents to not force the issue. It seemed like everyone around was uncomfortable. I certainly was. Then it happened. For the first time in my WDW experience I was glad to see a ride go down. The CM let the family know there was no way to know how long it would be. The child was already quieting down as the family left.

We decided to hang out for a while and see if the ride came back up since we had nowhere in particular to be. Actually, most of small line remained. It wasn't a busy day. A short time later everything was back running, and we enjoyed one of our last rides on this attraction.

I don't know if the CM was actually trying to discourage the SG's (while still providing not time estimate when others asked, she seemed much more upbeat about a quick restart), but we were sure glad to see them go. Watching the poor kid made us cringe.



User avatar
TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:42 pm
Location: The wilds of Indiana

Re: Your Best SGTs

Post by TdcOgre » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:32 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Let me get this straight...

You put up a shelter. You laid out your picnic lunch. Yet...this person could not figure out that the table was taken, as well that in folks would be eating there and that change a diaper there would be decidedly unsanitary (not to mention disgusting), as well that it was just plain rude!
The shelters were already there but you have the rest correct. She gave me this blank stare then stopped. Picked up junior and left.



NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:40 pm
Location: Lake Eola Heights

Re: Your Best SGTs

Post by NemoRanger » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:47 pm

TdcOgre wrote:SGT has been dead lately, so lets start a best of thread. I'll go first.

Some years ago we were at Typhoon Lagoon for the day. We'd packed a picnic lunch and had a rolling cooler for perishables. We set up in one of the shelters and later laid out everything for lunch. Along comes a woman with her still in diapers baby. She walks over and sits down at the table. Now she puts junior on the table, gets out a fresh diaper and wipes and I just managed to stop her before she changed him in the middle of our food. :eek: She looked at me with a doe-in-the headlights expression. She couldn't understand why I didn't want junior's discarded diaper anywhere near my food. Can you say- Clueless??? And yes, she spoke English.
This reminds me of the time I hoped onto a somewhat crowded monorail. People were standing but it was not crazy packed. Sitting across from me a couple decided this would be the perfect time to change the baby. I knew the kid had pooped because it was a little fragrent but I could deal because its a baby and that's what they do. Well as soon as the parents took the diaper off it was like a poop bomb exploded in the cab. It was so foul I latterly started gagging. I was trying not to throw up.

The monorail pulled into MK and people pushed to get off. These people left the soggy poop filled diaper on the ground and left. I was not afraid to say anything so I yelled at them to come back and pick up there kids diaper! They heard me up walked quickly away as I continued to scream at them. I was pissed that someone could be so rude and offensive. I went to a cm apologized and told him what happened. He just shrugged his shoulders and thanked me for letting me know about the poopy diaper that was oozing poop everywhere and stinking up the monorail



User avatar
avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:42 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: Your Best SGTs

Post by avengador1 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm

So that is why the monorails often smell like poop. Here I was thinking it was the ozone created by the electric motors. ;)



CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:53 pm
Department: F&B
Location: South FL

Re: Your Best SGTs

Post by CptnSkippy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:13 pm

The last stupid guest I dealt with was on PAC where I was encouraging a guest to continue moving when she went off on me because the parade was going on and she didn't have a place on MainStreet. I informed her of the second parade, the viewing in Frontierland but have didn't want to hear it. I've ruined her night/vacation/life because she couldn't stand in front of the confectionary and watch the parade (which was already at Creepy Face, you missed 2/3rds of it any way).

My favorite line was "I don't care if these people were here for 3 hours before the parade, make someone move so I can see. What about me."


Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

User avatar
TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:42 pm
Location: The wilds of Indiana

Re: Your Best SGTs

Post by TdcOgre » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:22 am

CptnSkippy wrote:
My favorite line was "I don't care if these people were here for 3 hours before the parade, make someone move so I can see. What about me."
That line makes my day.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)



User avatar
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 10532
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:45 pm
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant
Location: 717 Miles NNW Of DLR

Re: Your Best SGTs

Post by hobie16 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:39 am

NemoRanger wrote:I was not afraid to say anything so I yelled at them to come back and pick up there kids diaper! They heard me up walked quickly away as I continued to scream at them. I was pissed that someone could be so rude and offensive.
You should have followed at a safe distance and continued to berate them just to see how fast they would run.

My neighbor across the street has a number of fruit bearing trees. Guava, star fruit and avocados. Whenever I see someone entering his yard to steal some fruit I'll yell at them to stop.

Last week, some clown with his wife and daughter who was pushing a stroller nicked a guava. I yelled at him and he replied, "There was thirty on the tree."

I yelled back, "Well now there's only twenty-nine because you stole one. Where do you live? I want to come by your house and take a wheel off of your car because you've got four."

The wife made him put the guava on the porch and they beat a hasty retreat.


Image

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King


Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 5002
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:14 pm
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Your Best SGTs

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:14 am

hobie16 wrote:You should have followed at a safe distance and continued to berate them just to see how fast they would run.

My neighbor across the street has a number of fruit bearing trees. Guava, star fruit and avocados. Whenever I see someone entering his yard to steal some fruit I'll yell at them to stop.

Last week, some clown with his wife and daughter who was pushing a stroller nicked a guava. I yelled at him and he replied, "There was thirty on the tree."

I yelled back, "Well now there's only twenty-nine because you stole one. Where do you live? I want to come by your house and take a wheel off of your car because you've got four."

The wife made him put the guava on the porch and they beat a hasty retreat.
Hobie, do the thieves live in the neighborhood or are they tourists? Either way they can get to the store I suppose. :rolleyes: You could unleash Scooter on them..... :twisted:


:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Post Reply