Need an Epcot Expert.

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Need an Epcot Expert.

Post by NemoRanger » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:30 pm

Ok, so I was wandering around the internet and came across this little item. Its from an article about Hidden secrets of Epcot. Whoever wrote it rambles on and on a bit so I found it a little difficult to follow.

taly—(1) If you wander around behind the shops (where the fountains are), look around for little red press-buttons that say "press for a surprise" (or something to that affect). If you press the button, water squirts from a different location. It’s always fun to see where the water comes from when you do it, and then, wait for an unsuspecting person to walk by. They can't ever figure it out. (2) In Italy, when you are walking towards the pavilion, you have the shop with the clothes on the left. OK, that building, the columns have little men, maybe monks (?) carved into them, a little over head level. I am not 100% if I am right on the EXACT location, but there is the corner column, then either the next one or the one after that (so either the second or third from the end of the corner of the World Showcase walkway and the one leading into Italy), one of the men is actually holding a bowling ball. All of the figures seem to be holding something round, but only one has a bowling ball. I had to have a CM taller than me point it out, as I was too short (I’m 5’5”) and could only feel it with my fingers. The CM told me one of the architects was a bowler and wanted to leave that in the building. (3) Located in the central plaza of the Italy pavilion, known as the "Plaza del Teatro," you can find the "Fontana de Nettuno." This fountain contains the image of Neptune, the God of the Sea, and was inspired by Gian Lorenzo Bernini's Fountain of Trevi, located in Rome, Italy. The original famous fountain is often recognized as having been seen in Federico Fellini's classic film, "La Dolce Vita."

Now I have been coming to Epcot since Jesus was knee high to a grasshopper and I have never seen nor heard anything about buttons with surprise jets or this bowling ball business. I can only think that at maybe one time It did exist and I just missed it. I know there is nothing like that now. Anybody know anything about this?

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Need an Epcot Expert.

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:55 am

NemoRanger wrote:Ok, so I was wandering around the internet and came across this little item. Its from an article about Hidden secrets of Epcot. Whoever wrote it rambles on and on a bit so I found it a little difficult to follow.

taly—(1) If you wander around behind the shops (where the fountains are), look around for little red press-buttons that say "press for a surprise" (or something to that affect). If you press the button, water squirts from a different location. It’s always fun to see where the water comes from when you do it, and then, wait for an unsuspecting person to walk by. They can't ever figure it out. (2) In Italy, when you are walking towards the pavilion, you have the shop with the clothes on the left. OK, that building, the columns have little men, maybe monks (?) carved into them, a little over head level. I am not 100% if I am right on the EXACT location, but there is the corner column, then either the next one or the one after that (so either the second or third from the end of the corner of the World Showcase walkway and the one leading into Italy), one of the men is actually holding a bowling ball. All of the figures seem to be holding something round, but only one has a bowling ball. I had to have a CM taller than me point it out, as I was too short (I’m 5’5”) and could only feel it with my fingers. The CM told me one of the architects was a bowler and wanted to leave that in the building. (3) Located in the central plaza of the Italy pavilion, known as the "Plaza del Teatro," you can find the "Fontana de Nettuno." This fountain contains the image of Neptune, the God of the Sea, and was inspired by Gian Lorenzo Bernini's Fountain of Trevi, located in Rome, Italy. The original famous fountain is often recognized as having been seen in Federico Fellini's classic film, "La Dolce Vita."

Now I have been coming to Epcot since Jesus was knee high to a grasshopper and I have never seen nor heard anything about buttons with surprise jets or this bowling ball business. I can only think that at maybe one time It did exist and I just missed it. I know there is nothing like that now. Anybody know anything about this?
You would probably need to ask what the author had been smoking! ;)

:goofy: :goofy:

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:53 am

There has got to be someone that works there now that can swing by and check this stuff out for us. I don't remember any of this stuff, but I live a little to far away to verify.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:36 pm

I'll have to check this out next time I'm there. We usually go to one of the parks on Sunday. I've been to EPCOT many times and have never heard about this. My last time there was on the 4th of July.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:24 pm

Went to Epcot today to explore the Italian pavilion. I found the guy holding the bowling ball, actually it is more of a "holy hand grenade" type of item. I couldn't find any secret buttons and I looked at all the columns there. I did find something that looked like it could have had something in it's mouth at one time. I'll post a picture in a bit.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Here it is.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:52 pm

We're the any "vicious bunnies" next to the holy hand grenade ready to "nibble your bum?"

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:56 am

I really couldn't picture what they meant about a guy with a bowling ball. Silly me. Whenever I saw that I thought he was holding the Sceptre and Orb. ;) The Orb came in with Charles II, iinm, and actually had a cross on top represnting Christ's dominion over the Earth.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:20 am

chaussures wrote:Bicyclists as well as motorcycle riders will adore how air circulation across the eyes is reduced at high velocities as well as how the XYZ Optics technology assures razor-sharp peripheral sights. Coming from who has spent every week in the ski season touring the alps on the last 11 years, then I feel allowed to have an opinion.

Sunglasses cheap , By contrast, when most seniors breathe their upper chest heaves along and there isn't any visible movement of the abdomen, a consequence of shallow breathing.So if you happen to be planning a party this year, get talking to us today about photo booth hire, and help make certain your gathering is certainly one to remember for your guests.

Discount sunglasses , When you enter the IRIS barrier carrying bags or even a trolley, be sure you keep these things close to your body when you pass through.

Sunglasses for men , One of my buddies worked in the leather market of Florence, where her main job was "ripping off" tourists.

Sunglasses sale , Hot Topic - Hot Topic is geared to teenagers who are passionate about music and pop culture.

Sunglasses outlet , These classy Dior glossy sunglasses are made from plastic and still have that classic Dior charm.
You will be plonked. (Said in my best Darth Vader voice)