How Can You Not Know That Guns Are Not Allowed In The Parks?!?!?!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: How Can You Not Know That Guns Are Not Allowed In The Parks?!?!?!

Post by felinefan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:02 pm

Don't they have a little camera you can swallow and it takes pictures of your insides all the way through, and three days or so later it lands in the potty? That would make the most sense to me of doing it. That way they can catch anything going on elsewhere in the digestive tract.

TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TdcOgre » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:33 pm

Zazu wrote:Nah, it's just a matter of taking your picture ... inside out.

The procedure I don't really mind, they give me good enough drugs I don't notice. What makes it bad is the day before when it's all about The Fluid and I am the pipeline!
I didn't have a problem with the procedure either but they REALLY need to be more explicit about the preparation and the results. IN BIG BLOCK LETTERS.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:11 pm

Pizza man turns tables on robbers.

http://www.courant.com/community/new-ha ... 4034.story

NEW HAVEN — Two young men had successfully robbed the Pizza Heaven II restaurant at 410 Blake St. shortly before midnight Friday, but got even more greedy.

Rather than leave with the money they'd taken from the cash register and owner Erdol Sahin's pocket, they demanded more. The masked men, one tall and skinny and holding a rifle, the other shorter and of average build, ordered Sahin to his office.

As Sahin backed into his office, he grabbed his own gun, surprising the tall skinny guy with the rifle, who then fell backward and dropped the rifle.

"Mr. Sahin took advantage of the fumble and grabbed the robber's rifle," explained New Haven police Officer David Hartman. "When he realized it was only a pellet rifle, he chased the two robbers out of the store swinging it at them."

The robbers outran Sahin, but about 20 minutes later were caught by Officers Ronald Ferrante, Huey Young and Matthew Borges in front of one of the robber's homes on Rock Creek Road. The pair was stopped and identified by the victims.

Carmine Watkins, 18, of Rock Creek Road and his 17-year-old accomplice, also of Rock Creek Road, were charged with first-degree robbery, second-degree larceny and conspiracy.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:43 am

Hostage turns tables on escaped convict.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08 ... rdeal?lite

An inmate who escaped from an Iowa prison was shot dead by 71-year-old homeowner on Tuesday after a four-hour hostage ordeal, according to local media reports.

The escaped convict, Rodney Long, had eluded officers trying to track him down for four days before he broke into the Bedford home of Jerome Mauderly, a retired prison guard, and his wife Carolyn Mauderly at about 10:15 p.m. on Monday night, according to the Daily Iowegian.

Long disabled the phones in the Mauderlys' small one-story home in a rural area next to cornfields, and was suspected of trying to gather supplies to help in his escape, the Des Moines Register reported.

But after four hours as a hostage Jerome Mauderly had had enough and retrieved his shotgun, police said.

“As the situation wore on, a decision was made by the Mauderlys that they were going to defend themselves,” the state's lead investigator Mitch Mortvedt told reporters at a Tuesday news conference, the Register reported.

Mauderly shot Long once, officials said. No one else was seriously injured in the shooting.

Police said Long, was carrying a semi-automatic weapon.

Shortly after 2 a.m. Carolyn called 911 to tell authorities her husband had shot Long. Officers found Long lying face down in the kitchen of the home.

State authorities said the couple would not face charges.

Long was suspected of shooting a southwest Iowa sheriff's deputy on Sunday night after two days on the run from the Clarinda Correctional Facility’s minimum security prison where he was serving time on a burglary charge.

The officer, Taylor County Deputy Dan Wyckoff was the first to arrive on the scene and was wounded by two shots.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Ironic he took refuge in the home of a retired prison guard.

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:18 pm

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:22 pm

Buggy wrote:Why can't we all just get along?

http://jezebel.com/woman-stops-elementa ... 1179363425
This happened not too far from where we live. Antoinette Tuff was really brave and basically talked this guy down. He wasn't really after students, he was after the police. But I notice that he didn't take his guns to the police station where OTHER people had guns. He went to a school. And made Ms. Tuff call WSB TV to come out so he would be on television. If we would spend less time making these thugs out to be bad asses and more time ridiculing them, maybe it would stop. I completely commend the evacuation plan executed by the folks at McNair Elementary. It worked perfectly.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:54 pm

Use a gun, get... well, you'll see.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:57 pm

If I may?

Guns are weapons. They can be used for defense, or to attack. They can also be misused. Now, I don't consider myself pro-gun or anti-gun. However, I don't see us getting anywhere by continuing to post lists of incidences of both the good and the bad that has come from guns. No offense, but I think more brilliant minds than ours (or at least mine) have struggled with the issue of firearms and have yet to come to an answer that is satisfactory. Perhaps we should get back to discussing the event in the original post. To wit, someone leaving a gun in a ride. Just my opinion, mind you.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:42 pm

Stay On-Topic? :hysteria:
Really, the Off-Topic thing we have here is what I love! Where else can you talk about Guns and Colonscopies in the same thread? :D:

No Disrespect to PatchoBlack.

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: