How Can You Not Know That Guns Are Not Allowed In The Parks?!?!?!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: How Can You Not Know That Guns Are Not Allowed In The Parks?!?!?!

Post by hobie16 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:30 pm

GRAND BLANC TOWNSHIP, MI, 6/29/13: An off-duty police officer accidentally discharged a gun, sending a bullet through two hotel rooms. No one was hurt.

NEW YORK, NY, 7/23/13: A Georgia tourist, apparently unaware of New York’s tight gun-control laws, tried to walk into the Empire State Building on Tuesday with his loaded gun.

CALVERT, MD, 7/23/13: Cara Keene heard three gunshots in the distance last week while cleaning her bedroom, but the 9-year-old girl paid little attention because her North East-area home is in a relatively rural area where hunters and target shooters commonly discharge their weapons in nearby fields and woods. Seconds later, however, Cara heard a strange, scary sound—all too close—and she sprinted upstairs to alert her mother, Nicole Keene. “The bullet went through the window and then hit a stud in the wall. It ricochetted and wound up in her toys,” Chris said. Seconds before that bullet pierced the house, Cara had been standing in front of that very bedroom window. “We are not anti-guns. Everyone has the right to bear arms; we truly believe that,” Nicole said. “But people just need to stop and think where the bullets are ending up. This little girl was just innocently cleaning her room and her life could have been taken away.”

SHORELINE, WA, 7/26/13: A person fired a round into the ceiling at Ballinger Commons because he didn’t think the gun was loaded.

ANTRIM TOWNSHIP, MI, 7/27/13: A 75-year-old man was hospitalized Saturday after accidentally shooting himself in the genitals while target shooting.

OAK RIDGE, TN, 7/27/13: Two security police officers received minor injuries as a result of an accidental discharge of a firearm at the Y-12 National Security Complex.

ROCK HILL, SC, 7/27/13: A convicted felon forbidden from owning guns told deputies he drank 10 beers last weekend and accidentally shot his girlfriend’s middle finger when he tried to show her how the pistol works.

OROVILLE, CA, 7/28/13: A 26-year-old man being investigated for accidentally shooting a girl was arrested after deputies found several stolen weapons and learned he was not allowed to own firearms.

CONCORD, NH, 7/30/13: A Concord man who accidentally shot himself early this morning may have been sleepwalking at the time, according to the police.

SCHENECTADY, NY, 8/02/13: A man accidentally shot himself in the groin in the over night hours Friday when he put a gun in his waistband.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:14 pm

All these stories show is that we have a lot of dummies among us.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:02 pm

avengador1 wrote:All these stories show is that we have a lot of dummies among us.
Word.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Maybe taking a class isn't such a good idea.

Gun Safety Instructor Shoots Student

LANCASTER, Ohio -- Police say an instructor at a central Ohio gun safety class has accidentally shot a student. The Columbus Dispatch (http://bit.ly/19ZLcIt) reports 73-year-old Terry J. Dunlap Sr. was demonstrating a handgun at a training facility on Saturday when he fired a bullet that ricocheted off a desk and into the right arm of 26-year-old Michael Piemonte.

The student says the .38-caliber bullet hit him between his elbow and armpit. He says many of the students in the class were nurses who helped stabilize him before he was transported to a Columbus hospital. Piemonte tells the newspaper it appears Dunlap didn't know the gun was loaded. Dunlap hasn't responded to requests for comment.

A police report lists the shooting as accidental.

Why are nurses taking gun safety courses? Are people that violent during a colonoscopy?

--- Matt King

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:24 am

Wouldn't you be violent during a colonoscopy? That seems like a fairly "invasive" procedure to me.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:09 am

YANXWIN wrote:Wouldn't you be violent during a colonoscopy? That seems like a fairly "invasive" procedure to me.
Nah, it's just a matter of taking your picture ... inside out.

The procedure I don't really mind, they give me good enough drugs I don't notice. What makes it bad is the day before when it's all about The Fluid and I am the pipeline!

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:46 am

I should have said sigmoidoscopy. No drugs and it hurts like a sumobitch.

--- Matt King

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:42 pm

hobie16 wrote:I should have said sigmoidoscopy. No drugs and it hurts like a sumobitch.
Butt you get to be on TV!!!! ;)

BTW, I sure wouldn't risk a gun discharging near a Patient :eek: I have heard of Nurses who work in Gang Territory carry them. Very lucky I have rarely felt threatened visiting patients-the one time I did, I just screamed at the jerk at the top of my lungs for him to stay away from me. Sure the whole apartment complex heard it, and there was someone right behind me. He backed off like the coward he was. :rolleyes:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:16 pm

RICHLANDS, NC, 7/26/13: Authorities in North Carolina are investigating the accidental shooting death of a Johnstown Marine. LCpl. LaNija Gilpatrick. 6 News spoke to a New Hanover County medical examiner who indicated Gilpatrick was twirling a gun when it went off July 26th. The medical examiner said Gilpatrick was shot in his left eye. He died five days later.

BLUEGROVE, TX, 8/02/13: Clay County Sheriff Kenny Lemons says the boy died from a gunshot wound after his 13-year-old stepbrother accidentally shot him with a 12 gauge shot gun.

RUSSIA, OH, 8/03/13: A woman standing in a bar parking lot was struck Saturday afternoon by a stray bullet from a man target shooting at a nearby farm.

DANVILLE, VA, 8/04/13: Police say a toddler is in stable condition after being accidentally shot by a 6-year-old child at a residence in Danville.

ANDERSON, IN, 8/05/13: A 13-year-old Middletown boy was shot dead Monday in what officials believe was an accident. He was shot by what police described as an "underage family member."

NORFOLK, VA, 8/06/13: Neighbors tell NewsChannel 3 it happened because of an argument over speeding. “My friends were standing right there in the yard and the guy came flying by and they were like ‘slow down, there’s kids’ and the guy did a U-turn and pulled over,” said Ashley Summerson, who was standing outside down the street when the gun went off. After getting out of his car and waving around a gun, neighbors say the gun suddenly went off. “Pulled his gun out trying to shoot one of them but he shot himself,” Summerson says. “He was holding his groin and there was blood everywhere,” said neighbor Zach Watson.

WASHINGTON, DC, 8/09/13: A U.S. Marine who D.C. police said accidentally shot himself in the head in the Marine Barracks in Capitol Hill on Friday evening has died, according to military authorities.

--- Matt King

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Zazu wrote:Nah, it's just a matter of taking your picture ... inside out.

The procedure I don't really mind, they give me good enough drugs I don't notice. What makes it bad is the day before when it's all about The Fluid and I am the pipeline!
I won't go so far as to say that I find it a wonderfully, pleasant experience (the procedure not the prep, that should be outlawed, I mean with all the advances in medical science you can't tell me that can't come up with a better way), but I have yet to doze off during it and am fascinated with watching the TV monitor to see what they are seeing and what they are doing, removing, etc. They usually explain to me what is going on. Weird, I guess, but I always want to see what my insides look like. Did the same thing with a bladder scope once, got to see what a prostate looks like and everything. We are some pretty complex creatures.

And for those of you with a weak constitution this is for you! :gross:

:goofy: :goofy: