How Can You Not Know That Guns Are Not Allowed In The Parks?!?!?!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: How Can You Not Know That Guns Are Not Allowed In The Parks?!?!?!

Post by Buggy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:53 pm

hobie16 wrote:kymkimi has two posts on SGT. Both reference detectorall. Troll? You be the judge.
I vote spammer.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:33 pm

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:27 pm

What do you carry?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:46 am

I would suggest reading the report yourself. As with most stories, this one seems to have cherry picked the items that support its lead. The report had plenty that both sides of the debate could point to.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:09 pm

JACKSONVILLE, FL, 1/01/13: Pilot Graham Hill was just looking for a good view of the downtown fireworks when he took his girlfriend for a New Year's Eve flight over downtown Jacksonville. Instead, he was met by gunfire. "We were just north of the football stadium, at 1,200 feet when there was a loud pop. ...And that's when I noticed the bullet hole. And so I let her know that we had been shot at, and just when I said that I felt blood running down my neck." In a YouTube video, Hill says he handed the controls to his girlfriend when he realized he'd been shot in the head, and used his jacket to staunch the bleeding. They landed safely at Craig Field.

police on Thursday afternoon to face charges of allegedly firing several shots into a crowd, resulting in one of the bullets striking a 16-year-old boy in the back. Moments after the shooting, Moyer accidentally shot himself in the right leg "as he was attempting to flee the scene," according to a police affidavit that was released with the teen's arrest. Moyer said he shot himself in the leg while he was "attempting to conceal the gun."

BROOKLYN, NY, 7/07/13: [Off-duty corrections officer] Waldy Montalvo, 38, was double parked on Berry St. near South 1st St. in Williamsburg when another vehicle pulled up behind him, cops said. Montalvo, who police say had been drinking, told the driver behind him to get lost. When the driver refused, Montalvo whipped out a gun and said, “You better move your vehicle,” according to cops. Montalvo was arrested at 4:36 a.m. for menacing, criminal possession of a weapon and driving under the influence of alcohol, officials said.

SAN ANTONIO, TX, 7/08/13: A man attempting to shoot his ex-girlfriend was stopped thanks to the intervention of his current girlfriend. Or at least, his then-current girlfriend. Since this is Texas, somebody's gotta get shot. Who? The then-current girlfriend, of course.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:36 pm

As a member of the NRA, I could actually post many hundreds of pro gun articles and statistics. I do not want to be considered a spammer on this forum by doing so, because guns can be a very political subject. As for what gun I carry or own, I officially lost all of my guns in a terrible boating accident. ;)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:41 pm

avengador1 wrote:... I officially lost all of my guns in a terrible boating accident. ;)
Sounds like an insurance deal.

--- Matt King

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:55 pm

avengador1 wrote:As for what gun I carry or own, I officially lost all of my guns in a terrible boating accident. ;)
hobie16 wrote:Sounds like an insurance deal.
The fact that Avengador feels the need to say they were "officially" lost...yes, that suggests that there is more to the story than he wants to tell or be known.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Last year we had a group of kids from a local Police Athletic League come to TL. The group leader was a Deputy Sheriff (in plainclothes) who was officially on duty. He told us he was armed and asked that his gun be put in the safe in Guest Services while he was in the park. He did unload the gun before putting it away, we held the gun and he held the bullets.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:15 pm

LORAIN, OH, 7/09/13: Noble is facing additional charges for his role in a home invasion on Tuesday. During the burglary, Noble accidentally shot another suspect, Dilan Rose, 21.

What a guy.
TUSCON, AZ, 7/13/13: A 2-year-old's uncle is booked on one count of aggravated assault after accidentally shooting his niece in the leg yesterday. The 2-year-old's uncle is identified as 23-year-old Richard Moreno. He was in the carport while visiting at the home when he accidentally discharged the weapon. The bullet went through the wall and struck the child in the leg while she was in the living room. Moreno fled the scene following the shooting. Family members were able to convince Moreno to surrender to detectives and was arrested at his mother's residence.

LOS ANGELES, CA, 7/15/13: A drunken 38-year-old man accidentally shot and killed himself with a handgun at a Boyle Heights residence early Monday morning as a friend was trying to take the weapon away from him.

ALBUQUERQUE, NM, 7/15/13: Authorities say an Albuquerque police officer is recovering after another officer accidentally shot him when the fellow officer bumped into a wall.

WASHINGTON, DC, 7/16/13: A man who displayed a loaded weapon at a U.S. Secret Service police booth outside the White House told officers, “I was only going to fire a couple of shots if no one confronted me,” according to court documents.

WILMINGTON, DE, 7/17/13: Tough guy gets in a fight, pulls a gun, and shoots a nearby 5-year-old.

KERSHAW CO., SC, 7/18/13: A Richland County deputy accidently shot himself and needed to be taken to the hospital.

--- Matt King