How Can You Not Know That Guns Are Not Allowed In The Parks?!?!?!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

How Can You Not Know That Guns Are Not Allowed In The Parks?!?!?!

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed May 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: How Can You Not Know That Guns Are Not Allowed In The Parks?!?!?!

Post by YANXWIN » Wed May 29, 2013 10:26 pm

Tis one blew my mind, and I'm grateful that no one else's was blown either. Thank goodness for an alert person to not freak completely out and get the gun to the right place. I'm a gun owner, but this is absolutely ridiculous. What an idiot. Ban him for life (even though that won't happen).

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri May 31, 2013 3:35 pm

Errrrrr-Grandma LET the kid handle the gun to give to a Cast Member? :eek: everyone there is very lucky nobody got hurt :mad:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

KieranDotW
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by KieranDotW » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:29 pm

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but this is why we need gun control.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:24 pm

KieranDotW wrote:Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but this is why we need gun control.
No...this is why we need people control. No buying a gun unless one has an IQ higher than a rock. Seriously, if a guy is dumb enough to bring a loaded pistol into a theme park that is crawling with people and kids, what kind of gun control is going to stop him from doing it anyway. Those that are willing to ignore laws and rules are not going to be stopped by any kind of control and certainly no amount of common sense is present. :mad:

Please don't tell me that with gun control they will no longer be able to possess a gun. That just isn't even worth the thought. And no, for those that are currently thinking...ah ha! Another gun totting freedom fighter, I don't now nor have I ever owned a gun.

I do wish they had thrown the book at him though. The message has to get through that when they say no weapons allowed in that parks, that is exactly what they mean. There not going to catch everyone, but if there are risks involved it would help.

:goofy: :goofy:

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:11 pm

KieranDotW wrote:Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but this is why we need gun control.
This guy was an off duty deputy. Gun control would have done nothing to keep the gun out of his hands, unfortunatley!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:42 pm

delsdad wrote:This guy was an off duty deputy. Gun control would have done nothing to keep the gun out of his hands, unfortunatley!
Apparently 'common-sense' didn't cross his mind either.
There's an law here that says you can't take a gun into a bar. What they don't explain is that the bar owner must provide a safe place to store the gun. without him being able to control access except for the owner.
(my son has checked into this)

I'm with goofyernmost. People control is the key.

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:08 am

darph nader wrote:Apparently 'common-sense' didn't cross his mind either.
There's an law here that says you can't take a gun into a bar. What they don't explain is that the bar owner must provide a safe place to store the gun. without him being able to control access except for the owner.
(my son has checked into this)

I'm with goofyernmost. People control is the key.
And Thats also the most difficult!

Ive seen the "gun check" at a couple of theatres in texas. Big signs state that guns are prohibited in the auditorium. No idea if that is just theatre policy, local or state law. The joke is that it is for the safety of the piano player !

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:42 pm

delsdad wrote:And Thats also the most difficult!

Ive seen the "gun check" at a couple of theatres in texas. Big signs state that guns are prohibited in the auditorium. No idea if that is just theatre policy, local or state law. The joke is that it is for the safety of the piano player !
I'm pretty sure that it's a theater policy. Texas has conceal carry laws just about everywhere. But if it's a private establishment (like a theater or a church) they can request you not bring it on the premises. BRWombat, how did I do?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:18 pm

GaTechGal wrote:I'm pretty sure that it's a theater policy. Texas has conceal carry laws just about everywhere. But if it's a private establishment (like a theater or a church) they can request you not bring it on the premises. BRWombat, how did I do?
Pretty good. Concealed carry is legal in Texas with a permit. Most property owners, businesses, hospitals, etc., can post signs prohibiting concealed carry on their premises. Certain categories of license-holders, including judges, peace officers, district attorneys, and (ahem) city attorneys, are exempt from the restrictions and can carry anywhere.

Don't mess with Texas. :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter