Hire the Handicapped?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Hire the Handicapped?

Post by Buggy » Tue May 14, 2013 10:44 am

I saw this on fark.com... http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manh ... Vc1zItXGDP

The most common response there? "Just rent a wheelchair; it's cheaper."

The second most common was "don't go during tourist season." At least I agree with that.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Hire the Handicapped?

Post by YANXWIN » Tue May 14, 2013 11:08 am

Why is this any more shameless than just lying to guest services. You don't have to be rich to be dishonest.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue May 14, 2013 1:29 pm

KARMA. It's coming after you....... :cool:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue May 14, 2013 5:04 pm

If they can afford to pay $138 an hour, she can definitely afford to pay $385 an hour for a Disney VIP guide, since after all, they are rich!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

kerbear135
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by kerbear135 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:21 am

I was just about to post this same article! It makes me sick! People side eye the handicapped enough as it is- taking advantage of that only makes it worse. My Mom qualifies for a disabled guest pass but we are VERY careful to not abuse it and will get Fast Passes before using the pass if possible (and we definitely don't expect it to be a front of the line pass).

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed May 15, 2013 8:13 am

So, especially in light of the unfurtunate end of Zazu's tours, how is it that people can hire out their services to act as tour guides in Disney parks? Zazu wasn't charging, yet it was deemed to be in competition with services provided by Disney. If I understand this correctly, it involves people making moeny in direct competition with Disney services on Disney's private property. Am I correct in thinking that this violates the terms and conditions of the guide's park media? I wonder if the guide form the story will be flagged and trespassed. I would hope so.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed May 15, 2013 11:20 am

WEDFan wrote:So, especially in light of the unfurtunate end of Zazu's tours, how is it that people can hire out their services to act as tour guides in Disney parks?
Just to set the record straight, I do not believe I was asked to supend my tours because of financial competition. I believe it was because I advertised those tours ... here on SGT ... the only place I ever advertised them.

It's also the case that they asked me, politely, as a cast member, if I would suspend the tours. I agreed before any threat of dicipline was made. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

Of course, if SWMBO ever lets me retire again....

Zazu

kerbear135
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by kerbear135 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:21 am

I was reading Screamscape this morning and he said that since the story broke, the company offering the "tours" has since taken any mention of them off their website and says they no longer offer them...yeah right...I'm sure they suddenly went straight after all their underhand dealings...NOT!

KieranDotW
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by KieranDotW » Thu May 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Unless it's Christmas you really shouldn't have to wait 2.5 hrs for IASW. I've never seen the queue longer than 30 mins and never waited more than 10 mins. It's things like this, and the term "speed pass" that make this article painful to read, and that's not even getting into the actual story.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Thu May 16, 2013 2:48 pm

It's in the major news now.
I bet disney will do something drastic to those rich people. make a example of them. it's bad they have the cash and are just lazy. if they find out who they are I hope they get banded from the parks.

Corey