Hoping to Return

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
RTSPilot
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Hoping to Return

Post by RTSPilot » Mon May 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Hi Folks,

It's been a long time since I have posted, but hopefully there are some good CM's here that can help me with some questions.

A little background: I worked as a CM in the 1996/1997 time frame driving busses and wearing those smashing purple pants. (-: We were very happy, and thought we had found some positions we could build on over time. I would also say I was very proud to be a WDW CM, and the pixie dust flowed through me even after a few months of unrelenting "stupid guest tricks."

Unfortuantly, because of family medical issues, my wife and I had to move back to the West Coast with the full intention of taking care of business and getting back to our prior roles as soon as possible. But, due to circumstances beyond our control, as well as the economy tanking, we are still here!

Anyway, we plan on moving back to Central Florida next spring (2014), and while fully acknowledging that things have changed in my prior role, I would love nothing more than to pick up where I left off in Transporation and drive busses once again.

Therefore, I wondered what the current status of the employment outlook at WDW is? Is it looking up? Staying the same? Going down? A guess as to the forecast for the future? I heard rumor that the Casting Center shut down? Is that right? Or was it something temporary?

Even with the internet and information available at one's fingertips, you would not believe how hard it is to get a "read" on things 3000 miles away - so any input would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

RTSPilot

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Hoping to Return….

Post by avengador1 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:40 am

They were running ads recently about looking for people. You should be able to apply online and go through their pre-screening. You can look at what is available here: http://disneycareers.com/en/default/