Year of Free Tickets

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Re: Year of Free Tickets

Post by CptnSkippy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:42 pm

goofyjoe wrote:I often wonder if OCSO has officers patrolling WDW property in Mickey costumes, every time I see someone pulled over.
No idea but they're almost guaranteed to be running radar/laser on the way to the contemporary before the evening PAC shift comes on, or before the auto plaza in the mornings. I've found FHP also likes to patrol the Osceola parkway area between 7am and 9

The other thing I've noticed is whenever I've seen them, they always have someone pulled over. Come on guys, you KNOW they're there. Yes you're running late, but this isn't going to help.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:54 pm

CptnSkippy wrote: I've found FHP also likes to patrol the Osceola parkway area between 7am and 9.
They also sit there around 3-6pm. They also hide out on the far end of 192 (near 27) between 3-6pm almost daily, weekend are especially bad. Also watch out for Central Florida Parkway and anykind of orange cone without construction signs, it's a damn speed trap!

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:03 pm

The wife and I went to EPCOT, a few weeks ago, to exchange our paper Annual Passes for the new plastic RFID ones. They wrote the expiration date on the back of them with a sharpie. We even got to try them out right there after they were activated. I was wondering how they would stop anyone from just actually walking in, if the stations were not manned. This new system makes sure that a cast member needs to be present to keep people from just sneaking into the parks. People without the new passes (or the upcoming bracelets) should be redirected to the regular gates and not allowed to pass through the new gates.
I guess I'll get to try out my new pass tomorrow if I get some of my chores done. ;)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:55 pm

Chores?!?! Get your priorities straight young man!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:14 am

avengador1 wrote:The wife and I went to EPCOT, a few weeks ago, to exchange our paper Annual Passes for the new plastic RFID ones. They wrote the expiration date on the back of them with a sharpie. We even got to try them out right there after they were activated. I was wondering how they would stop anyone from just actually walking in, if the stations were not manned. This new system makes sure that a cast member needs to be present to keep people from just sneaking into the parks. People without the new passes (or the upcoming bracelets) should be redirected to the regular gates and not allowed to pass through the new gates.
I guess I'll get to try out my new pass tomorrow if I get some of my chores done. ;)
People with the "Legacy" Tickets can still come through the new turnstiles but they are just sent to a GR cast member that is standing behind. Its super annoying because we never get one our two. Its one right after the other. Its annoying. The Eyes and Ears and the Hub talk about about the cast members LOVE the system. That is a LIE. I have talked with no cast member who even like the new system let alone LOVES. Its the worst mistake Disneyparks has ever done.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:56 pm

NemoRanger wrote:People with the "Legacy" Tickets can still come through the new turnstiles but they are just sent to a GR cast member that is standing behind. Its super annoying because we never get one our two. Its one right after the other. Its annoying. The Eyes and Ears and the Hub talk about about the cast members LOVE the system. That is a LIE. I have talked with no cast member who even like the new system let alone LOVES. Its the worst mistake Disneyparks has ever done.
WAIT WHAT?! What about adding Fastpass to American Idol?

And why can't they add support for Cast Member IDs to this new system? It can't be that hard since we have to use them on the backstage entrances, and that works exactly the same way. I'm guessing it works just fine, but they want to test it out on the few people who use it before we get to use it, causing long lines on the turnstiles.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:52 am

5th Dimension wrote: And why can't they add support for Cast Member IDs to this new system? It can't be that hard since we have to use them on the backstage entrances, and that works exactly the same way.
Different type of RFID chip/antenna pattern inside the cards.

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

Tinker Bell
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tinker Bell » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Ah, have been absent for months from this wonderful place! I'm back though and with so many things to share! I was wondering how much did others CM actually hated this system. I see I have my answer. This whole system is so messed up and what really gets to me is that all this money could have been invested in sooo many other stuff that actually need and update. They system is not broken, DON'T. FIX. IT!
I guess the people who thought this up really doesn't know how aggressive the average guest is.
Whoever invented this NEVER visit the park, or even work on it. Honestly, folks in the offices need to get their butts off the chair and come and spent a day in the park in the heat of summer doing at least one PAC shift. I can't remember ever seeing a stupidest idea. I was wondering how long was going to take before people began scamming the system and I see that the answer is no time whatsoever.

It really irks me that in our department our managers have been trying to shove this down our throats as if all of our concerns are unfounded and the system works perfectly. Please, they can't even get the HUB to work properly!

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by CptnSkippy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:31 am

hhsrat wrote:Different type of RFID chip/antenna pattern inside the cards.
Shouldn't matter unless they purposely spec'd this system not to read our IDs. Our IDs are standard RFID cards that other companies use for access control all the time.
The reader for doors (or in most of our cases gates) comes with a training card so it will understand the RFID signal. In a training class for my real job, I had my All Star Sports RFID mug (which im glad that test bombed) reading as my badge to enter.
So unless these are specially chosen readers, they should be able to work.
Tinker Bell wrote:Honestly, folks in the offices need to get their butts off the chair and come and spent a day in the park in the heat of summer doing at least one PAC shift.
My mother took a Disney Institute class for teachers about 20 years ago that talked about WDW operations and how EVERY cast member had to spend at least one shift in the parks a month. They had a whole lecture about not letting go of roots and making sure everyone understood why we were here. Guess that stopped a while ago.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by CptnSkippy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:01 am

CptnSkippy wrote: In a training class for my real job, I had my All Star Sports RFID mug (which im glad that test bombed) reading as my badge to enter.
So unless these are specially chosen readers, they should be able to work.
I would like to eat those words as apparently the newest rumor is that the rapid fill beverage stations are being implemented resort-wide, albeit with push buttons instead of the cup-levers.