Year of Free Tickets

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Year of Free Tickets

Post by NemoRanger » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:17 pm

So its official. You really do not need to pay anything to come to Disney anymore. Just pull out your old expired tickets and its all good. Heck, I have seen people just walk on through without any ticket. I was working on the new turnstiles. Basically whenever you get any problem you wait for a GR castmember and they scan the ticket and send them on their merry way. I had a family with expired tickets. Ok no problem, go on through just this one time. I was helping one guest when a group of people shoved past me. When I got my bearing on what happened I was left standing next to two flashing blue globes. The other cm goes. Oh well, guess they wont be getting any fast passes. 4

I know the ticket resellers on 192 are telling people to go to the new turnstiles because we are no longer checking ID and anybody can use anyones tickets. Its ridiculous.

I also think its a HUGE safety violation. I am shocked OSHA would allow a company to use its people as GATES. They want us to stand in front of ECVS to stop them. Ummm NO. I will stand behind the concrete barrier and keep my toes. Thank you

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Year of Free Tickets

Post by WEDFan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:59 am

That's disappointing, but not unexpected I guess. At least any normal person would expect it -- can't speak to management.

Sorry you're left dealing with it.

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:19 pm

Is there any kind of protocol for stopping people who are trying to crash the gates? Bloodhounds? Linebackers?

Otherwise, it just seems like a problem not waiting to happen, but already happening. There needs to be at least some sort of gate that unlocks.

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:37 pm

goofyjoe wrote:Is there any kind of protocol for stopping people who are trying to crash the gates? Bloodhounds? Linebackers?

Otherwise, it just seems like a problem not waiting to happen, but already happening. There needs to be at least some sort of gate that unlocks.
the goofy throught punch?

Corey

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:36 pm

At TL we went from seven Greeters to 14 for a normal day plus three people from DTD Guest Relations and the system is nowhere near as secure. And the Greeters cannot really talk to the Guests.

I have publicly stated to my Manager that I expect us to have turnstiles back within three years, And also we will get ticket printers/encoders for the RFID tickets that will print what type of ticket it is, and for APs the name and expiration date.

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:20 pm

drcorey wrote:the goofy throught punch?
I can just see Mickey popping out a side door and dropping the perp with a Taser.

"Oh, boy! Look at 'em shake!"

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:23 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:At TL we went from seven Greeters to 14 for a normal day plus three people from DTD Guest Relations and the system is nowhere near as secure. And the Greeters cannot really talk to the Guests.
I guess I'm not seeing the cost savings here. They're cutting back EMH, but they're employing double the greeters. While probably not exactly a wash, it seems pretty close.

Given the hand-wringing and apprehension on Board X and elsewhere, it just doesn't seem like this has been rolled out very well. But then again, I still have (had) a paper AP that I used a few weeks ago on my most recent trip, and have no experience with RFID yet myself.

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:59 am

They'll have to go back to turnstyles, or have orange county police officers standing behind every entry point, I guess the people who thought this up really doesn't know how aggressive the average guest is.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:40 pm

goofyjoe wrote:I can just see Mickey popping out a side door and dropping the perp with a Taser.

"Oh, boy! Look at 'em shake!"
When I saw this one, I had my brother (who, in my opinion, does a great Mickey impression) read that line.

I still chuckle about it!

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:10 pm

I often wonder if OCSO has officers patrolling WDW property in Mickey costumes, every time I see someone pulled over.

Have your brother do these phrases in the Mickey voice:

"Driver's license and registration, please!"
"Oh, boy! Do you know how fast you were going?"
"I'd advise you to shut your mouth, sir!"
"Spread 'em, punk!"

Gawrsh, yah-huh!