Extra Hours and Whatnot

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
incontrol
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Extra Hours and Whatnot

Post by incontrol » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Hey SGT!

It feels really great to reactivate this account. (Though I have only posted six times on this account. I had another before but I got promoted at my Home Park and I figured it would be best to keep my grumblings to myself.)
I am very excited because I got my acceptance into the WDWCP! I will be doing Attractions for the Fall Advantage 2013 session! Yay me!

I have some questions because every answer I have gotten from my CP Alumni friends has been different and I figure I can trust you guys a bit more.

1. At my former park, where I also worked in Attractions, I was something of a work horse averaging between fifty and sixty hours a week. I know the CPs are guaranteed something around thirty a week but how easy is it to pick up extra hours on a very consistent basis. I don't care if it means doing PAC on all of my days off. I just want to come home with money saved up.
2. Once accepted, is there any particular thing you can do to secure a position at an attraction or location you would really love? I know everyone asks for Jungle Cruise, and I did too, but I would love to not be placed in Animal Kingdom, since the hours are more limited.
3. What are the policies on overtime? Do we get overtime? Doubleback? Can they put a cap on the number of hours you work? Like, if I made an attempt to pull 80 hours over a week during Christmas rush, would I be able to do that or would the Secret Labor Police take me away and force me to run Dumbo for thirty hours a week?

I certainly want to have a memorable Disney experience, but I am terrible at saving money and since the Food and Wine Festival will be taking place during the duration of my program, my money will be slowly disappearing from under me.

Thanks for the help!

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Extra Hours and Whatnot

Post by joanna71985 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:20 pm

incontrol wrote:Hey SGT!

It feels really great to reactivate this account. (Though I have only posted six times on this account. I had another before but I got promoted at my Home Park and I figured it would be best to keep my grumblings to myself.)
I am very excited because I got my acceptance into the WDWCP! I will be doing Attractions for the Fall Advantage 2013 session! Yay me!

I have some questions because every answer I have gotten from my CP Alumni friends has been different and I figure I can trust you guys a bit more.

1. At my former park, where I also worked in Attractions, I was something of a work horse averaging between fifty and sixty hours a week. I know the CPs are guaranteed something around thirty a week but how easy is it to pick up extra hours on a very consistent basis. I don't care if it means doing PAC on all of my days off. I just want to come home with money saved up.
2. Once accepted, is there any particular thing you can do to secure a position at an attraction or location you would really love? I know everyone asks for Jungle Cruise, and I did too, but I would love to not be placed in Animal Kingdom, since the hours are more limited.
3. What are the policies on overtime? Do we get overtime? Doubleback? Can they put a cap on the number of hours you work? Like, if I made an attempt to pull 80 hours over a week during Christmas rush, would I be able to do that or would the Secret Labor Police take me away and force me to run Dumbo for thirty hours a week?

I certainly want to have a memorable Disney experience, but I am terrible at saving money and since the Food and Wine Festival will be taking place during the duration of my program, my money will be slowly disappearing from under me.

Thanks for the help!
1) It usually is pretty easy (as there are always people giving hours away). Plus, as you mentioned, there are shifts to pick up from the Extra Hours Hotline on the HUB

2) Unfortunately it is random. You can ask during the interview, and you can try emailing after being accepted (although, I've heard they have stopped accepting emails), but in the end it comes down to where Disney needs people.

3) You can get OT, but you can not get doubleback unless scheduled (or given to by your location). And no, there is no cap on hours (as far as I'm aware) for CPs. I did 80+ in a week before

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]