Adam The Woo banned from WDW for life

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
EpcotFan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Adam The Woo banned from WDW for life

Post by EpcotFan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Frankly, I'm a little surprised it took them this long. This is the guy who has been publicizing his antics sneaking around backstage and in abandoned WDW areas.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/General_Dis ... r_life.htm

I watched just one of his video and I can't believe how full of himself this guy is. LOL. I'm not surprised Disney banned him. Even if he didn't cause any damage, it encourages other people to try replicating his stunts and before long someone gets injured in a back stage area and turns around and sues the Mouse. Plus I'm sure there are all kinds of security concerns about anyone wandering around back stage. Considering how high profile this guy has been with publishing videos of his exploits I can't believe he thought he'd just get off with a warning when they caught up to him. Oh well, he's had his 15 minutes of fame -- time to get off the stage. :)

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Adam The Woo banned from WDW for life

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Right!!! Stay tuned for his next video titled..."I'm used to filming places I'm not supposed to be in...next stop WDW while banned." It is just going to add to the drama. :rolleyes:

:goofy: :goofy:

EpcotFan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by EpcotFan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:56 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:Right!!! Stay tuned for his next video titled..."I'm used to filming places I'm not supposed to be in...next stop WDW while banned." It is just going to add to the drama. :rolleyes:
The real question is will he be allowed to film from within his cell at the Orange County Sheriff's Department? :D:

Regards,
Barry Moss

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:12 pm

EpcotFan wrote:The real question is will he be allowed to film from within his cell at the Orange County Sheriff's Department?
The title of that film might be Adam the Woo Woooooooooooooo!! The sound track could be Dueling Banjos.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:50 pm

I've been a fan of Adam's for a while now. While I didn't like his sneaking around backstage at Disney I enjoy most of his videos. Only a small fraction of his videos are Disney related, he travels all over exploring abandoned and other interesting places. I watch most every video posted to both of his channels (his normal one and one where he posts daily vlogs) and he seems to be taking it in stride. He's not happy about it, of course, but he's moving on and will film elsewhere. From what he's said in his videos since getting banned he's not planning on sneaking back into the parks or anything, he knows it wouldn't be worth the trouble he'll be in if he does.

He was surprised when he got banned, he figured they'd just give him a warning or something, especially considering he didn't go into any restricted areas during the visit where he was banned. He had recently gotten back to Central Florida from a long road trip and was hanging out quite a bit at Disney, having fun and meeting up with some of his fans. He was visiting DHS (where he posted a vlog from the Streets of America) and he went out to his van for something. On his way back into the park a security manager who was with a OC deputy said "Hello, Adam". They followed at a distance and he was a bit surprised but didn't think he was doing anything wrong so went back into the park. He headed towards Echo Lake and sat down at a table, expecting them to talk to him. He expected a slap on the wrist as he was never warned in the past. They took him to the security office and told him he has to leave the park for backstage exploring. At least a few of the guards expressed regret at having to ban him as they are fans of his videos. He has no issues with the local cast, he thinks it was policies from upper management that got him banned and the local cast were only following orders.

Personally I could see maybe banning him for a year or something but not life. You can see his side of the story in this video on his daily vlog channel, posted the day after he was banned from Disney.

Only a fraction of his videos are Disney related, 12 out of nearly 200 videos. Only 8 were actually filmed on WDW property somewhere and only a few (maybe half) of those involve him going backstage or into otherwise restricted areas. It's not like he went backstage all the time.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:56 am

A while back I took one of those backstage tours guests can take and I noted that there wasn't much physical security keeping people from slipping into a backstage area so I asked about that and the tour guide replied, "well, what do you think would happen if you were caught backstage?" I replied that they'd probably boot me from the park, and she replied "there's your reason."

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 pm

He has a video of wandering around what looks like some abandoned office complex, with like a huge hanger. It's so creepy. What the heck is that place?

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:02 pm

5th Dimension wrote:He has a video of wandering around what looks like some abandoned office complex, with like a huge hanger. It's so creepy. What the heck is that place?
Can you link to the video please? I'm not sure which one you're talking about, he's explored a lot of abandoned office complexes and large buildings.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:13 am

Shorty82 wrote:Can you link to the video please? I'm not sure which one you're talking about, he's explored a lot of abandoned office complexes and large buildings.
I can't find it now. I think he must have removed the video. It was a Disney World office complex with some kind of huge hanger connected to it. There were things on the walls that you would find backstage around the parks.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 am

5th Dimension wrote:I can't find it now. I think he must have removed the video. It was a Disney World office complex with some kind of huge hanger connected to it. There were things on the walls that you would find backstage around the parks.
I sometimes chat with him on Facebook, maybe I'll ask him about it sometime.

-Walt Disney
Keep moving forward