Adam The Woo banned from WDW for life

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Adam The Woo banned from WDW for life

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:03 pm

My feeling is this: Could WDW given Adam the Woo a warning before banning him? Sure, however he was being pretty brazen about his trespassing, and obviously knew he was going into places that he really shouldn't go. It may have been a case of "giving him enough rope", so that folks couldn't say that the acted in too hasty a fashion.

mickeyjohn
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by mickeyjohn » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:49 am

While I would agree Adam shouldn't of been sneeking around I think a life time ban is a bit much. I think another poster had suggested maby banning him for a year or so would be a bit more reasonable.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:29 pm

mickeyjohn wrote:While I would agree Adam shouldn't of been sneeking around I think a life time ban is a bit much. I think another poster had suggested maby banning him for a year or so would be a bit more reasonable.
Well sure, I mean, it's not like he didn't know he wasn't supposed to filming backstage, right?

Yea......no.

He behaved like a putz and bragged about it to the world. I'd have 86ed him from my business. The lost future revenue isn't worth it, plus it sends an instructive message to others who his example may otherwise have tempted.

Zazu

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:46 am

Okay, I've been quiet on this one a while but it's time to speak up.

ANY explorer worth their ninja skills knows exactly what we're doing. We know the risks but the allure of the unknown is why we explore to begin with, so we accept these risks.

That being said, a LARGE difference exists between exploring an abandoned/closed location and an active location. Escaping Rent-A-Cops versus Disney Security is a HUGE difference. Rent-A-Cops watching an abandoned location (depending entirely upon state) can do no more then attempt to catch/detain you and call the real cops to slap you with a trespassing fine. Disney security, Well, You saw it.

Completely different animals.

While I have to give Adam some Kudos for doing it, I don't believe he's got any right to bitch about it. Popularity online doesn't protect you from the repercussions of your actions, Adam of all people should know that. That popularity and having zero discretion to HIDE the name of your locations is exactly what got him caught. Let's not lie, Disney knew about it and was just waiting. This is why most explorers use code names for our locations and don't tend to share them, because that then leaves a trail of proof. He easily could have given code names, while you may easily be able to say "That's Disney World" their could still be doubt which may or may not have saved his butt. However by not hiding it...

Frankly, he was asking for it by not being just a little bit smarter about what he was doing. While Adam is a friend of mine, I know many explorers don't want much to do with him because he doesn't operate the same way most of us do.

Look at any Urban Exploration page, 90% of them won't have real location names unless one of 3 things happen:
1) You have legal permission to be on that site.
2) The site has been demolished.
3) You don't care about getting caught.

Adam got caught and he get's to pay the piper. He isn't the first nor will he be the last. I know three explorers off the top of my head with Disney Bans because they also got caught, not in the same way Adam did (Not hiding location names, lets call it flaunting locations) but caught is still caught. Every single one of us who explorers or has, knows it can happen and we accept it. Having a fit on Youtube because you got caught at your own game? Lame and unprofessional in my opinion.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:38 pm

Did anyone else ever see that video I was talking about earlier? There is no trace of it anymore, for some reason it must have been a big no no. Like I said, it was an office complex with a hanger attached to it, and rain water was dripping down inside. It must have been abandoned not more than a few years ago. I'm just curious as to what the place was. Wish I could remember more about it.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Darksin wrote:Okay, I've been quiet on this one a while but it's time to speak up.

ANY explorer worth their ninja skills knows exactly what we're doing. We know the risks but the allure of the unknown is why we explore to begin with, so we accept these risks.

That being said, a LARGE difference exists between exploring an abandoned/closed location and an active location. Escaping Rent-A-Cops versus Disney Security is a HUGE difference. Rent-A-Cops watching an abandoned location (depending entirely upon state) can do no more then attempt to catch/detain you and call the real cops to slap you with a trespassing fine. Disney security, Well, You saw it.

Completely different animals.

While I have to give Adam some Kudos for doing it, I don't believe he's got any right to bitch about it. Popularity online doesn't protect you from the repercussions of your actions, Adam of all people should know that. That popularity and having zero discretion to HIDE the name of your locations is exactly what got him caught. Let's not lie, Disney knew about it and was just waiting. This is why most explorers use code names for our locations and don't tend to share them, because that then leaves a trail of proof. He easily could have given code names, while you may easily be able to say "That's Disney World" their could still be doubt which may or may not have saved his butt. However by not hiding it...

Frankly, he was asking for it by not being just a little bit smarter about what he was doing. While Adam is a friend of mine, I know many explorers don't want much to do with him because he doesn't operate the same way most of us do.

Look at any Urban Exploration page, 90% of them won't have real location names unless one of 3 things happen:
1) You have legal permission to be on that site.
2) The site has been demolished.
3) You don't care about getting caught.

Adam got caught and he get's to pay the piper. He isn't the first nor will he be the last. I know three explorers off the top of my head with Disney Bans because they also got caught, not in the same way Adam did (Not hiding location names, lets call it flaunting locations) but caught is still caught. Every single one of us who explorers or has, knows it can happen and we accept it. Having a fit on Youtube because you got caught at your own game? Lame and unprofessional in my opinion.
for where he has been and what he has done.
he is lucky this was all he ended up with.

Corey

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:10 pm

these "explorers" better start being a bit more heads up. I have been to several places, that if you are not authorized to be there, they can shoot you, simple as that. Don't even want to think what will happen if you are using a camera.

and there is just one warning sign. :bigeyes:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:29 pm

yep, bet he never trys this crap with government propertys.
he does this here at area 51, no one will ever find his body.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:49 pm

drcorey wrote:yep, bet he never trys this crap with government propertys.
Well, at least until the spaceship returns. :jawdrop:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:15 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:
drcorey wrote:yep, bet he never trys this crap with government propertys.
Well, at least until the spaceship returns. :jawdrop:
which ones? the orions arnt due back for like 20 years