New Gate free turnstiles

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: New Gate free turnstiles

Post by WEDFan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:13 am

ashoutinthedark wrote:The big thing you would have to worry about is malicious code written by someone with the capability to print their own RFID chip. They would be extremely difficult to track, since they could carry the chip in an RFID blocking wallet, and stick it in their pocket when they want it to hit. It would be impossible to catch them without closely monitoring every guest moving through the park, and the potential for damage is astronomical if your systems are all interconnected.
I'm not sure what kind of hack you're thinking of. As I understand it, there is nothing on the chip other than a unique ID (and probably some sort of system tag). That ID is then looked up. About the only thing I know of there would be an embedded SQL attack assuming th ebackend was SQL based, but that's been around so long that the door is usually shut on that. There shouldn't be any opportunity to upload code through the chip.

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:23 am

I highly doubt this will result in a Robert ') DROP TABLE Students; situation...

8^P

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:15 am

Mayonnaise wrote:I highly doubt this will result in a Robert ') DROP TABLE Students; situation...

8^P
You've got it! And, there just aren't that many ways to bridge from a data domain into an execution space.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:29 pm

When we got our new RFID annual passes we had to associate our finger biometrics to it. The way they showed us how to use it is to tap the card to the post and have our finger scanned. When the mouse turns green we can enter. So this actually is a two step process before one is allowed to enter.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:53 pm

avengador1 wrote:When we got our new RFID annual passes we had to associate our finger biometrics to it. The way they showed us how to use it is to tap the card to the post and have our finger scanned. When the mouse turns green we can enter. So this actually is a two step process before one is allowed to enter.
and when the mouse turns red,
a attack squad comes out and tasers you.

Corey

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:55 am

Mayonnaise wrote:I highly doubt this will result in a Robert ') DROP TABLE Students; situation...

8^P
Ahhh little Bobby Tables... :)

As for RFID, its just a number that looked up. The only problem may be someone generating their own RFID in an attempt to "hijack" someone else's account, which you would need their pin to make any charges.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 am

drcorey wrote:and when the mouse turns red,
a attack squad comes out and tasers you.
Don't tase me bro!

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.