New Fantasyland Preview

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

New Fantasyland Preview

Post by Zazu » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:21 pm

Attended the "New Fantasyland" preview today. Looks very nice, lots of detail, especially down low at kid-height.

Rode the Little Mermaid attraction. Nice, probably better than DCA's version. The queue is certainly orders of magnitude better (hint: watch for the blue crabs).

But the attraction is still in T&A. Ursula had lost movement in her face and half her tentacles. Kind of spooky.
:ursula:

On the way out, I overheard someone ask, "How could Ursula talk without moving her lips?"

Before I had a chance to answer, someone else in their party explained, "She's a ventriloquist. Pretty good at it, huh?"

Yes, one of the advantages of going to cast-only events -- the questions *and* the answers are less stupid!

Zazu

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: New Fantasyland Preview

Post by WEDFan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:13 am

Zazu wrote:Ursula had lost movement in her face and half her tentacles. Kind of spooky.
:ursula:
Oh, no! Ursula had a stroke?

Thanks for the preview, Zazu. I'm looking forward to seeing it for myself.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:42 am

WEDFan wrote:Oh, no! Ursula had a stroke?

Thanks for the preview, Zazu. I'm looking forward to seeing it for myself.
Poor Unfortunate Soul :(

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:21 pm

WEDFan wrote:Oh, no! Ursula had a stroke?
Bell's Palsy?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:25 pm

The queue has to be better than DCA. It's just ok to me. We like the ride, but the queue does not immerse you in the ride the way other rides do. That's ok though.

We will be there in a month just before the real opening. We can't wait to see all of the new additions. We were there last year and it will be nice to have all those walls down. I know the mine cart ride will still be walled off, but the other walls made moving around a little more difficult.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:20 pm

DonutGoddess wrote:Bell's Palsy?
No, that's where you can't hold a book open, and it's caused by letting the colors of the wind hit your face in cold weather.

Zazu

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:57 pm

I hate it when that happens. My stomach eventually starts to go around the riverbend and down waterfalls.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Everything was working under the sea when I previewed it last Sunday. I have reservations as an annual passholder to be there again on November 11. I want to try out the Be Our Guest restaurant when we go next time.

Sue M
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Sue M » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:45 pm

Yay! Can't wait to check it out in January. Was there in Aug, but only Dumbo and Goofys coaster were open, of course had to ride both, lol.
I can't wait for the New Coaster to open.

MegtheMom
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by MegtheMom » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:41 pm

My sister, daughter Sarah and I were visiting Magic Kingdom on Sunday, the 21st, celebrating Sarah's 25th birthday. We approached the rope line, understanding New Fantasyland was only open to cast members that day but hoping we'd be allowed to gawk at it from afar for a few moments. Little did we know we were in for some MAJOR pixie dust -- CM Kyle at the rope line chatted with us for a few moments and then to our amazement, allowed us in! We were thrilled.....we rode the new Little Mermaid ride (reasonably good ride but the queue was amazing -- the little blue crabs were adorable and the whole castle was really beautiful), took in Enchanted Tales with Belle (again, the attention to detail was stunning and the show was sweet) and drank a LeFeu's Brew (surprisingly delicious!). Kyle, if you're reading this and you remember a young woman in a wheelchair with a Mickey birthday ears hat, please know you made her day!!

We are DVC members and this was trip #15 -- in all those visits, I've never met a CM who was less than exceptional. Thank you, Kyle for your kindness and thank you all for all you do every day!