Tinkerbell refused entry

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Tinkerbell refused entry

Post by WEDFan » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Came across this story:

Yahoo Odd News

It sounded like Disney was very nice about the whole thing, offering free clothes, but her reaction seemed a little extreme for something I always thought was pretty much common sense.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Tinkerbell refused entry

Post by PatchOBlack » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Well, on the one hand, I can understand being upset that a special trip to Disney didn't go off as planned. However, it isn't Disney's fault that she failed to check to make sure that her plans would be alright with Disney, and it sounds like Disney did try to make arrangements so that they didn't have to abandon their visit altogether. Also, I am wondering if what she is really upset about is that she didn't get to be the center of attention on her trip.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Yep, not disney's fault.
one halloween I seen them turn away 3 guys dressed like princesses. prolly figured it would give the kids nightmares... lol.
"mommy? Why does Belle need a shave?"

Corey

TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TdcOgre » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 pm

From what I read on this elsewhere she didn't have a problem elsewhere. It was only after she posed for photos with other guests that she set off alarms so to speak. I think she was more upset about no longer being the center of attention.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Poor Baby. :(
From what I remember,,,even over at board X,they pretty much tell you 'not' to dress up like Disney characters. (for adults).
Of course I saw Larry the Cable Guy walkin through the hotel parking-lot back in 10 headin to the Halloween Party. ("Get-ur-Done) :cool:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:41 pm

As my Son likes to say,

"Meanwhile, in Africa...." :cool:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:03 pm

TdcOgre wrote:From what I read on this elsewhere she didn't have a problem elsewhere. It was only after she posed for photos with other guests that she set off alarms so to speak. I think she was more upset about no longer being the center of attention.
like that guy who looked like santa years ago?
he was just in regular clothes but had his hair and beard whitened, they didnt say a thing to him untill he started posing for photos for people.

this is funny. I never been in disney in my habit or cassock before. but I wear it out here when I walk around in the tourist areas. and I have been stopped a few times asking to pose with people for photos.

Corey

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:20 pm

drcorey wrote:
"mommy? Why does Belle need a shave?"
Well, Honey, Belle's estrogen levels are dropping! Best to stay clear! :p:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Two things....

First, this girl is supposed to be 15 years old? Really? Well, I'll be twelve next month!

Second, she posed with people and it didn't occur to her that this would not be received well by the same people that made day cares take painted characters off walls? She was passing herself off as a Disney Character and not, seemingly making any effort to clear up that mistake. And 15, really? Crying? Really? Boyfriend? Really? Where were her parents?

:goofy: :goofy:

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:36 am

Goofyernmost wrote: First, this girl is supposed to be 15 years old? Really? Well, I'll be twelve next month!
She looks 15 to me. But there were people who thought I was in my early twenties when I was twelve, and in my late twenties when I was eighteen. :rolleyes: And at 15 I was often the "designated adult" dropped off at Elitch Gardens with a couple of neighborhood kids (they paid for my ticket and babysitting), so it wouldn't surprise me that there are any number of 15 yos wandering the WDW parks on their own. I'm guessing any parents that were good with her going there with her boyfriend in that rig were fine with her crying for the reporters on camera. :twisted:

Sounds to me like Disney handled this beautifully. :) The 15-yo... not so much. :p: