Do cm really hate GAC?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
cdnlady
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Do cm really hate GAC?

Post by cdnlady » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:34 am

Hi I was wondering if cm's really hate GAC's the reason I asked is we used one on our last trip and all cm's I ran into were amazing nice and made my daughter feel better even though she was in pain . My daughter who is 21 uses a wheelchair only for Disney as she has a hard time walking that far she had back surgery 3years ago for scoliosis and has a very long scare from her neck to her tailbone so walking that long really puts her in pain.In all the years we have been going to Disney the last 3 years we just used a wheelchair until this last trip we were getting FP's and a CM suggested we get a Gac for her so she can sit in a quiet place before the ride. Now she doesn't go on any rides that have g force or bumpy rides so the rides we do is limited and half the time she just enjoys the scenery .
So the question is do c's really hate when someone uses a the gac, the reason I ask this is we did get some dirty looks not from cms but from other guest , We always got fps for the rides she went on .

Thanks for letting me ask this question and for the long back story :)

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Do cm really hate GAC?

Post by Amphigorey » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:23 pm

No, they don't.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:30 pm

cdnlady wrote:Hi I was wondering if cm's really hate GAC's the reason I asked is we used one on our last trip and all cm's I ran into were amazing nice and made my daughter feel better even though she was in pain . My daughter who is 21 uses a wheelchair only for Disney as she has a hard time walking that far she had back surgery 3years ago for scoliosis and has a very long scare from her neck to her tailbone so walking that long really puts her in pain.In all the years we have been going to Disney the last 3 years we just used a wheelchair until this last trip we were getting FP's and a CM suggested we get a Gac for her so she can sit in a quiet place before the ride. Now she doesn't go on any rides that have g force or bumpy rides so the rides we do is limited and half the time she just enjoys the scenery .
So the question is do c's really hate when someone uses a the gac, the reason I ask this is we did get some dirty looks not from cms but from other guest , We always got fps for the rides she went on .

Thanks for letting me ask this question and for the long back story :)
no. they hate the people who use it when they dont really need it. like at the grocery store electric carts, like why walk when you can ride. GAC is for people that Need it.

Corey

cdnlady
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by cdnlady » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:49 pm

I figured they didn't care as long as they are not abused I totally get that ...like I said all the cm's there were very nice . :)

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:57 pm

cdnlady wrote:I figured they didn't care as long as they are not abused I totally get that ...like I said all the cm's there were very nice . :)
they are there to make your visit the best it can be.

Corey

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:00 pm

CMs do not hate the GAC. The GAC is a useful tool that enables people with certain disabilities to enjoy the shows and attractions they would otherwise be unable to do or have a hard time doing. People who abuse the GAC are annoying but people who truly need it are not (believe me, we can usually tell the difference, usually through the guest's attitude). As long as you follow the instructions of the CMs, even if they are different than those from a previous visit (exact procedures may vary even during the same day due to many variables), and are patient then the CMs will not be annoyed in the least.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:42 pm

I don't hate the GAC. I hate that people miss use it and think it is a front of the line pass when they were explicitly told it is not. As long as GAC user is legit and there are no arguments when it comes to wait time, it is cool. However, some people misunderstand the GACs purpose and think it is meant to shorten waits. When people don't get what they want, they get upset.

Thus the GAC can put me on edge because you don't know how they are going to react when you send them through the regular queue (because that is the approptiate queue for the stamp) or tell them it is a XX minute wait.

I'm glad it is there for those who need it. I am not glad that it is obtainable for those who do not need it.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:56 pm

As a Guest (and a nurse) I DO sometimes assess the situation as to determine if someone is a wheelchair Faker or not....Especially if they are walking the wheelchair around with NOBODY in it, Doing stunts in it, or pushing a toddler or two around in it......
But NEVER would give a dirty look or approach/say anything :eek:

I DID get perturbed at the teenage girls who rammed a wheelchair into my ankle while doing stunts,leaving a scar.... :mad:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:10 pm

The only thing about GACs that really ticked me off on a regular basis was groups who came in the exit and argued with me about it, only revealing that they have a GAC some time into the discussion.

The folks who wear their GAC on a lanyard are great, because I can give them the special care they need quickly without making any big deal about it -- which tends to give other guests gas for some reason.

Zazu

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:36 pm

-- which tends to give other guests gas for some reason.
God forbid they should try and make your life (and theirs) easier. ;)