Fastest Parade in History

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Fastest Parade in History

Post by NemoRanger » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:09 pm

Today DHS had the fastest CTF parade I have ever been witness too.

We had:
two floats, seven characters and and a handful of movers.

They did no choreography so it was just waving and high fives all at a fast walking pace.

I have seen rushed parades before but nothing like this. I wonder what the guest though or if they even realized that the parade was shortened.

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Fastest Parade in History

Post by Buggy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:15 am

Reminds me of the parade I saw in Walt Disney Studios Park in DLP. I think yours may have been better.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:30 pm

The one day I couldn't do PAC! I would have loved to have seen that

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:08 am

Back when the Parade of Dreams ran at Disneyland and temperatures reached around 100 degrees, the parade had no show stops and the performers didn't do their routines, but just walked down the parade route and just waved to guests because it was too hot.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:51 am

I must have told this story before...

I had a day doing PAC at AK when a thunder storm happened as the parade was stepping off. Since it had started they had it go, as fast as it could go through.

As Mickey was passing over the bridge out of Africa into Camp MineyMickey, Rafiki was coming from Asia. We had not had a chance to reset the ropes for the opposite direction through Africa. I found myself the only Cast Member to be ahead of that parade, screaming at guests to get out of the way of the fast-moving parade. Then, I stepped out of the way on the left side of the parade when I needed to be on the right. So I had to run to the back of the parade, behind the end and up to the front. Craziest day I have ever had at PAC.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?