Fastpass changes???

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Fastpass changes???

Post by NemoRanger » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:24 pm

I am hearing a buzz around the parks now that we will soon soon enforcing the time period printed on the ticket. To aide in the transition there will be a 5 min grace period before and after. I can see a 5 min grace after but allowing a person 5min period before is spelling trouble.

I just dont see how this is going to work. First you will have loads of cast members that don't care and will let anyone in. Es specially if a guest raises thier voice to them.

Then you will have the Cm that has no problem telling a guest Sorry your to late. Something I have personally have no problem doing.

The problem with this is there are LOTS of guest that know if they just complain loud enough a manager will just cave and let them in the ride. This is something I always hated. Every attraction manager I worked with NEVER backed me up even when I was following a rule they always stressed at me to follow. The moment a guest appeared unhappy the Manager would allow the offense to go on or at least throw a no strings FP their way.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Fastpass changes???

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:06 am

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! :eek:

I am a Stupid Guest! I like running for my ONE Fastpass for the attraction I love first, then running around the rest of Disneyland and DCA, and coming back whenever I want later to enjoy that ONE attraction! PLEASE DON"T CHANGE THAT DISNEY!!!!!!

Love,
DisneyMom

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:25 am

I personally feel this is long overdue. One of the big reasons attractions like Peter Pan (at WDW) have such long waits is due to people using Fastpasses after their return window has closed.

Some attractions already enforce the Fastpass return times, namely Toy Story Midway Mania (at least the last I heard). Disney knows there are going to be a lot of complaints and have prepared for it. I hope that management is on their CMs to enforce the strict return times and will back up their CMs when guests complain and hopefully the area managers on up are on the managers under them to enforce the times.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:11 am

Shorty82 wrote:... I hope that management is on their CMs to enforce the strict return times and will back up their CMs when guests complain and hopefully the area managers on up are on the managers under them to enforce the times.
Agreed. It's an understandable policy, but it could be a disaster for guests and CM's alike unless everybody is on board with it.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:46 pm

The problem is that currently if it does not involve Safety and a front line CM correctly says "no" they are usually overturned by someone higher to "keep the guest happy"

"No" needs to be backed up with "no" and "no", not "Sorry our following of our own long-standing but ignored policy inconveniences you, here's some any attraction anytime passes for later, go right in. And have a magical day!'

In full disclosure if the long-term plan is to offer an unlimited FastPass for a fee, I'm all for it.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:42 pm

I don't see what the problem is. You have a one hour window in which to redeem your fast pass. You also have to wait at least an hour before you can take out another one. This is all common knowledge for most guests.
The guests trying to use expired fast passes, from previous days or years, are the ones cast members need to keep an eye out for. ;) Most guest will understand if they are told that they missed their window of opportunity to use their pass. They already had an hour in which to use it. Their choice is to get another fast pass, if one is available, or to wait in line with the rest of the guests.
I'm surprised that Disney hasn't done something similar to what Universal did when they came out with their Express Plus Pass. I'm sure many would be willing to pay extra for this, like they do at Universal. I know I have done this myself when we were here on vacation, the parks were jammed with people, and I wanted to go on the rides without having to wait. When I didn't live in Florida it was certainly worth it, especially after paying a mint to come down here for a week of vacation. There is only so much one can do in a day and a front of the line pass sure helped get a lot more done at Universal.
Using the Fast Pass system at Disney requires a bit of planning, to get the best use out of it, because of the parameters it has. I've seen some cast members be a little more flexible with these rules if the parks aren't as busy. That is part of their going above and beyond service and they shouldn't fear any repercussions for doing so then. If the parks are crowded, then they need to adhere to the rules and the guests will need to understand why the rules are being enforced, then.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:03 pm

All I can say is about time

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

svickersart
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by svickersart » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:59 pm

I'm all for this. I never liked the idea of using a FP hours after the expiration. Does anyone know when this will go into effect at Disneyland? I will be down presidents week and want to make sure I hit my times when I use FP.
Thanks
Steve

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:27 pm

As long as the rules allowed it, I usually did the FastPass thing like DisneyMom. Just get one for the busy attraction I wanted to make sure I did, and then set about the rest of my day. I was probably only in the window about half the time.

Still, I've got no real problem if the window is enforced. I'll just have to pay more attention. I can probably manage that, even with the brain set to "Vacation." :p:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:49 pm

WEDFan wrote:...Still, I've got no real problem if the window is enforced. I'll just have to pay more attention. I can probably manage that, even with the brain set to "Vacation." :p:
Hey, at least you have a "vacation" brain setting. Most people just shut it down. (Not counting those without brains to begin with. :cool :)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter