Fastpass changes???

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Fire Mouse
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Fastpass changes???

Post by Fire Mouse » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:01 pm

NemoRanger wrote:The problem with this is there are LOTS of guest that know if they just complain loud enough a manager will just cave and let them in the ride. This is something I always hated. Every attraction manager I worked with NEVER backed me up even when I was following a rule they always stressed at me to follow. The moment a guest appeared unhappy the Manager would allow the offense to go on or at least throw a no strings FP their way.
The funny thing is by the time you complain over and over enough to make the CM call the manager, then the time it takes the manager to arrive, talk to you, decide on a solution and you get in, you could have been to that same point in the standard que line. Which give me an idea. When managers get calls like that, they should "be busy with another guest" and will arrive ASAP (45 mins later). Apologize to the guest and be as nice as possible, explain you had another guest you were dealing with and could not leave them. The point being to make the guest wait a long as possible but not knowing you are standing around the corner. LOL

We did this with a carpet cleaning job I had. We got slightly delayed at a previous house (maybe 15 mins). The next house on the list, the guy called all day long asking where we were. He had a time frame of 4:00p-5:00p. His first call to the office was at 9:30a. Anyway. We were on our way to his house. It was about 4:23p. As we started down his street, our office called saying he called again. We turned around, went up the road to McDonnalds. We arrived at his house at 5:05p. Told him we had a customer before him with a deeper carpet stain then we thought. He was in a hurry because he had waited all day to go to the store. So we turned on the hot water and "forgot" to turn on the cleaning solution, because that would take "extra" time to do. LOL

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:11 pm

So we turned on the hot water and "forgot" to turn on the cleaning solution, because that would take "extra" time to do. LOL
You do know that you represent the company you are working for, don't you? You deserve to get fired if you actually did this. By not providing the customer what they paid for, you have committed fraud, and that isn't a laughing matter. Your company can be sued for you pulling a stunt like that. As a business owner myself, I would be mortified to find my employees cheating my customers. Needless to say they would not be working for me after I found this out, and the customer would be getting a free full cleaning, to try and make up for this.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Fire Mouse wrote:The funny thing is by the time you complain over and over enough to make the CM call the manager, then the time it takes the manager to arrive, talk to you, decide on a solution and you get in, you could have been to that same point in the standard que line. Which give me an idea. When managers get calls like that, they should "be busy with another guest" and will arrive ASAP (45 mins later). Apologize to the guest and be as nice as possible, explain you had another guest you were dealing with and could not leave them. The point being to make the guest wait a long as possible but not knowing you are standing around the corner. LOL

We did this with a carpet cleaning job I had. We got slightly delayed at a previous house (maybe 15 mins). The next house on the list, the guy called all day long asking where we were. He had a time frame of 4:00p-5:00p. His first call to the office was at 9:30a. Anyway. We were on our way to his house. It was about 4:23p. As we started down his street, our office called saying he called again. We turned around, went up the road to McDonnalds. We arrived at his house at 5:05p. Told him we had a customer before him with a deeper carpet stain then we thought. He was in a hurry because he had waited all day to go to the store. So we turned on the hot water and "forgot" to turn on the cleaning solution, because that would take "extra" time to do. LOL
so its okay to screw with a customer? I understand if you were truly backed up, being late, but just to make him more upset? and then not provide the full service?

no wonder there are problems in the service industry.

I'll remember that next time I spend some major bucks on a service.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:02 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:so its okay to screw with a customer?
I do it only when they are screwing with me. Screaming obscenities at me is a good way to convince me to answer the question you ask, rather than give you the information you need. (See thread on how to take the bus from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom.) Disrupting operations so that other guests can't enjoy an attraction also qualifies.

Guests who just insist that the rules are different than they are can be tolerated so long as they aren't loud, foul, or disturbing the enjoyment of other guests. I don't like it, but it's my job to deal with this type with grace and patience.

I haven't had much trouble telling the difference.

Zazu

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:18 pm

Zazu wrote:I do it only when they are screwing with me. Screaming obscenities at me is a good way to convince me to answer the question you ask, rather than give you the information you need. (See thread on how to take the bus from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom.) Disrupting operations so that other guests can't enjoy an attraction also qualifies.

Guests who just insist that the rules are different than they are can be tolerated so long as they aren't loud, foul, or disturbing the enjoyment of other guests. I don't like it, but it's my job to deal with this type with grace and patience.

I agree, but screwing up a job to "get back" at someone seems a bit silly, especially when it could come back and bite you when they complain about an incomplete job that you were contracted to perform.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TdcOgre » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Zazu wrote:I do it only when they are screwing with me. Screaming obscenities at me is a good way to convince me to answer the question you ask, rather than give you the information you need. (See thread on how to take the bus from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom.) Disrupting operations so that other guests can't enjoy an attraction also qualifies.

To me there's a difference between actively seeking to screw over the customer by not performing the required job or doing it badly on purpose and not stopping the customer from screwing themselves vis-à-vis how to take the bus from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom. I would never want you to deliberately do a substandard job. OTOH SG's SHOULD be careful what they ask for they might get it.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Another exciting Fastpass story! So some guy comes up to me with 2 FPs that are 25 minutes late, obviously past the grace period. So the guy is like "are you really going to tell me that my kids can't ride?" (I'm thinking what the hell are you talking about, that isn't what I said) so I just tell him that those are expired and he can't use them. So he says "well yeah, but can I get an extra fastpass so my other daughter can ride" (what?! I just told you that you can't use the ones you already have because they are expired! Plus asking for an extra FP? You didn't even lie to me saying that you lost one. I'm not giving you anything.) and finally he walked off steaming. A minute later his wife walks up to me, glares at my name tag and says "I'm going to guest relations to complain about you, I was standing here behind some other girls whose Fastpasses were expired, and plus you gave them an extra one so 3 could go in, you are an arrogant bastard!" I said "OK, goodbye!" and I know she heard it before she stormed off too.

Also, using your kids as an excuse to do whatever you want doesn't work on me.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:17 am

5th Dimension wrote:Another exciting Fastpass story! So some guy comes up to me with 2 FPs that are 25 minutes late, obviously past the grace period. So the guy is like "are you really going to tell me that my kids can't ride?" (I'm thinking what the hell are you talking about, that isn't what I said) so I just tell him that those are expired and he can't use them. So he says "well yeah, but can I get an extra fastpass so my other daughter can ride" (what?! I just told you that you can't use the ones you already have because they are expired! Plus asking for an extra FP? You didn't even lie to me saying that you lost one. I'm not giving you anything.) and finally he walked off steaming. A minute later his wife walks up to me, glares at my name tag and says "I'm going to guest relations to complain about you, I was standing here behind some other girls whose Fastpasses were expired, and plus you gave them an extra one so 3 could go in, you are an arrogant bastard!" I said "OK, goodbye!" and I know she heard it before she stormed off too.

Didn't you know who she was and how much they paid to be there and that they were the ones paying your salary?????? :twisted:

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:25 pm

5th Dimension wrote:Another exciting Fastpass story! So some guy comes up to me with 2 FPs that are 25 minutes late, obviously past the grace period. So the guy is like "are you really going to tell me that my kids can't ride?" (I'm thinking what the hell are you talking about, that isn't what I said) so I just tell him that those are expired and he can't use them. So he says "well yeah, but can I get an extra fastpass so my other daughter can ride" (what?! I just told you that you can't use the ones you already have because they are expired! Plus asking for an extra FP? You didn't even lie to me saying that you lost one. I'm not giving you anything.) and finally he walked off steaming. A minute later his wife walks up to me, glares at my name tag and says "I'm going to guest relations to complain about you, I was standing here behind some other girls whose Fastpasses were expired, and plus you gave them an extra one so 3 could go in, you are an arrogant bastard!" I said "OK, goodbye!" and I know she heard it before she stormed off too.

And this is one reason why I don't miss working in attractions. I hate FP with a passion

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:23 pm

Wow, has it really been 6 months since this thread was updated?

So I was at merge, and this family of like 4 or 5 come up to me with 1 wet fastpass that was ripped in half. They said they were doing a rider switch. I said everyone who goes past this point needs a FP. I said 1 person can go in and the rest have to go out. They said they were "confused because of the rain," but I said to myself there were people at greeter and return, and they didn't let you in the FP line with 1 FP. So 1 person came in and the rest went out. My coworker later told me that when they came out, the dad started cussing up a storm to him, saying "the f-ing person up there wouldn't let them in because our fastpasses were wet" he simply said "watch your language, and you can tell guest relations" he said "f you" and then my coworker said "I can call security and they can help you out." they just walked off.